Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Major power outages across the UK

That's just the south east - only very minor reports of cuts in the NW (handful of people affected e.g. 4 in Preston).

*cough*

Northern Power also confirmed an electricity failure sending thousands of homes and businesses into darkness. Commuters in Liverpool as well as Ellesmere Port and Stockport in Cheshire also complained of power outages.

*cough*

Northern Power also confirmed an electricity failure sending thousands of homes and businesses into darkness. Commuters in Liverpool as well as Ellesmere Port and Stockport in Cheshire also complained of power outages.
Electricity North West isn't reporting anything out of the ordinary - at least when I checked about ten minutes ago. :hmm:

Electricity North West isn't reporting anything out of the ordinary - at least when I checked about ten minutes ago. :hmm:

Still not enough info but I'm sort of thinking its affected a certain part of the network, perhaps a particular voltage or something that is not used by residential customers very much, and is more likely to be used by transport networks.

London Bridge is in chaos because every thameslink train has been cancelled. The southern trains are still running, though. People are being told to go to east Croydon if they want to go south and to go to kings cross if they want to go north. I guess the underground is still working.

London Bridge is in chaos because every thameslink train has been cancelled. The southern trains are still running, though. People are being told to go to east Croydon if they want to go south and to go to kings cross if they want to go north.

Odd, my BBC regional news is reporting Southern has been hit too. :hmm:

Oh, and London North Eastern from Kings Cross is buggered too.

A failure of the electricity supply in Southern England is causing disruption to all services across the Gatwick Express, Great Northern, Thameslink and Southern network. Services may be cancelled, delayed or revised until the end of the day.

This problem is also affecting East Midlands Trains services to and from London St Pancras International and LNER services to and from London Kings Cross.

Service Updates

All due to a power surge on the national grid apparently. Any energy nerds know what causes that then? Is it China
Na cyber attack by the Ruskies ;)

Apparently this man was seen running away from a MANWEB sub station in Rock Ferry earlier.

2481771-ivan_drago.jpg

I was on the Victoria line when the power went down, we were in the tunnel between Green Park and Oxford Circus. Luckily the driver managed to get the engine going again after about half an hour :) it was rather hot down there :D

I didn't realise it was a wide spread problem until I just looked at the BBC news :eek:

I was on the Victoria line when the power went down, we were in the tunnel between Green Park and Oxford Circus. Luckily the driver managed to get the engine going again after about half an hour :) it was rather hot down there :D

I didn't realise it was a wide spread problem until I just looked at the BBC news :eek:
Uff, glad I wasn't on a tube when it happened. I actually didn't notice because I was walking home with Aciiiiiiiid blaring on the headphones, in my own world completely...only realised that something was up when I saw big groups of people being held at the doors of the supermarkets along OKR. Friday night is a big shop night for lots of folk.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom