Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

London Mayoral Elections 2021

:hmm:

what happens when there are more political parties than voters?
Given the dismal quality of the Mayoral slate, we may find out in two weeks. It'll be interesting to see which of those wankers manages to muster the least enthusiasm.

I just made the mistake of reading (okay flicking through) the booklet thing. The colours and jumble and sheer busy-ness have literally given me a sore head.

I worry there'll be a late surge for Binface, and Sadiq will be edged out by that Tory slime.
I don't think bar the personal intervention of God himself that there is any possibility that anyone other than Sadiq Khan will be next Mayor of London however not really interested in that. The critical race we should be focussing on is Binface vs Fox where there is a clear people's champion in the running.

in today's post I received the card addressed to "potential electors" that no-one is registered at this address. bold deadline of Monday 19 April to register by if I have a time machine.
also received my polling cards in the same post.
but to vote in person, despite having ticked the box for postal vote.

Hackney council continue to excel themselves.

Not a word of a lie but I just saw two men wearing 'Brian for mayor' t-shirts and carrying big bags of (presumably) leaflets. In Hackney. Which does not strike me as their natural stamping ground but what do I know.

ETA Saying that, not sure what their/his natural stamping ground would be.

I presume everyone folded their ballot papers?
we were told to fold the council by-election paper. is there some weird old law stopping them using the same counting machines for those as they do for Mayor / LA elections?

They won't be using machines for the by-election. Usually the first job of the hand counting teams is unfolding the ballots and putting in mixed bundles of twenty five to make sure the number to be counted tallies with the ballots handed out. Apparently for London it is being done electronically.

I remember a few Mayoral elections ago when the machines broke down. And Tower Hamlets always delays things, machines or no, so a long night here too I imagine.

My sister in Glasgow tells me all the kids there are up for Niko. :hmm: She was surprised I'd never heard of him. I'm surprised the kids in Glasgow even know there's a mayoral election on in London but YouTube or whatever.

Reactions: ash
Sue My teen in London says all the teen are up for Niko and his mental manifesto (which is quite funny tbh) She can see that it could loose youth votes for Khan.

Reactions: Sue
Back
Top Bottom