Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

London Mayoral Election 2024

London Mayoral candidates (source: Mayoral candidates | London Elects)

Femi AMIN (Animal Welfare Party – People, Animals, Environment)
Count BINFACE (Count Binface for Mayor of London)
Rob BLACKIE (Liberal Democrat)
Natalie CAMPBELL (Independent)
Howard COX (ReformUK – London Deserves Better)
Amy GALLAGHER (Social Democratic Party)
Zoe GARBETT (Green Party)
Tarun GHULATI (Independent)
Susan HALL (The Conservative Party Candidate)
Sadiq KHAN (Labour Party)
Andreas MICHLI (Independent)
Brian ROSE (London Real Party – Transform London)
Nick SCANLON (Britain First – No to Immigration)

London Assembly 'top up lists': Animal Welfare Party - People, Animals, Environment; Britain First; Christian People's Alliance; Communist Party of Britain; Conservatives; Heritage Party; Labour Party; Liberal Democrats; Reform UK – London Deserves Better; Rejoin EU; Social Democratic Party; The Green Party

And three Independent / no description candidates:

FOX Laurence
LONDON Farah
ROMUALDO Gabe

(Yes, they put their list under "The Green Party" so it's been put after S, not before H, alphabetically)

London Assembly 'top up lists': Animal Welfare Party - People, Animals, Environment; Britain First; Christian People's Alliance; Communist Party of Britain; Conservatives; Heritage Party; Labour Party; Liberal Democrats; Reform UK – London Deserves Better; Rejoin EU; Social Democratic Party; The Green Party

And three Independent / no description candidates:

FOX Laurence
LONDON Farah
ROMUALDO Gabe

(Yes, they put their list under "The Green Party" so it's been put after S, not before H, alphabetically)

Thought Fox had failed to fill his form in properly and wasn't running any more?

Anyway, if I bother to vote at all it'll probably be Khan for the irritation he causes rather than because I have any respect for or faith in him. Then Green for assembly stuff, or whatever name takes my fancy, makes no odds. Most of London's biggest problems are tied to international capital, no one's going to do anything about that.

I'll vote Khan too. Even though he's a slam dunk and can totally afford a wasted comedy vote on binface, my contempt for Susan Hall and her party pretty much trumps everything right now.

And tbh I don't really dislike Khan. Yes he's not perfect, but I've agreed with more things than I've disagreed with, like sacking the useless Cressida Dick from the Met, vetoing development on crap eyesores like the 'Tulip' tower and the Vegas style 'sphere' in Stratford, signing off on things like free primary school meals and and freezing TFL fares until at least March next year. I also supported moving City Hall to Victoria Dock and saving millions in rent to the Kuwaitis (opposed by both Lib Dems and Tories). The old city hall looks crap now anyway. It was the right move (like most Londoners even care where it is anyway).

As YouSir says, most of London's biggest problems are tied to things like international capital, and years of Tory underfunding and undermining Khan at every opportunity.

Plus Trump hates him. So that's also good.

I'll vote Khan too. Even though he's a slam dunk and can totally afford a wasted comedy vote on binface, my contempt for Susan Hall and her party pretty much trumps everything right now.

And tbh I don't really dislike Khan. Yes he's not perfect, but I've agreed with more things than I've disagreed with, like sacking the useless Cressida Dick from the Met, vetoing development on crap eyesores like the 'Tulip' tower and the Vegas style 'sphere' in Stratford, signing off on things like free primary school meals and and freezing TFL fares until at least March next year. I also supported moving City Hall to Victoria Dock and saving millions in rent to the Kuwaitis (opposed by both Lib Dems and Tories). The old city hall looks crap now anyway. It was the right move (like most Londoners even care where it is anyway).

As YouSir says, most of London's biggest problems are tied to things like international capital, and years of Tory underfunding and undermining Khan at every opportunity.

Plus Trump hates him. So that's also good.
Hope does he get on with Starmer? I'm imagining that if Trump hates him then so does Starmer.
You put forward a good case but the Labour Party really bothers me to the point I was thinking of voting Binface.

Hope does he get on with Starmer? I'm imagining that if Trump hates him then so does Starmer.

Starmer was keen to put distance between himself and Khan over ULEZ expansion (over which Labour lost the Uxbridge by-election). But then the other day had front row seats to the launch of Khan's manifesto. Starmer is being Starmer, essentially.

It’s a first past the post election where the Tories are trying to pull an Uxbridge with confected rage against Khan’s valiant anti-pollution, pro-environment policy agenda. The 10% of Londoners who think this is a good time to vote Green need to have a fucking word with themselves.

I voted Khan last time but won't this time. He's a shoe in.

If polling shows Susan getting very close I will reconsider but so far she's had no bounce like Shaun

I'd also be much happier voting for Khan is Labour promised to revert the Tory voting change. But that is wishful thinking

Beware of highly motivated anti-ULEZ nobheads and similar scum, they’ll be very motivated to vote and likely spreading bollocks to everyone they know on Facebook/Whatsapp encouraging them to as well. Don’t get too complacent, didn’t Johnson get in using the vote of ‘victimised’ motorists from the outer boroughs?

I got my booklet yesterday and read it this morning. So many loons on it.

The only credible independent I see is Natalie Campbell. That's partly influenced by the fact she came to an away day at my work 3 years ago and she seemed like a really sound person who spoke to my values.

Apart from her it's Sadiq all the way for me.

I got my booklet yesterday and read it this morning. So many loons on it.

The only credible independent I see is Natalie Campbell. That's partly influenced by the fact she came to an away day at my work 3 years ago and she seemed like a really sound person who spoke to my values.

Apart from her it's Sadiq all the way for me.

Didn't Campbell try to become the Conservative candidate?

Back
Top Bottom