Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

London Anarchist Bookfair 2022

London ACG applied for a stall some time ago, and since, radio silence like last year. Not even a "disinclined".
I'd read the whole Lisa McKenzie saga upthread, and had been thinking up till now "well, good on them, you might not agree with their decision but at least they're bothering to set out clear reasons for their refusals this time around, so they seem to have learned some lessons from last year." Clearly I was being a bit too optimistic there. Maybe if McKenzie sends in an email asking if the ACG can have a stall, she might get an explanation?

Also, for fans of bookfairs, separate from the Manchester Anarchist Bookfair that'll be happening in November, there's going to be a bookfair of small press publishers happening in Manchester in September. Applications are open until August 19th if the ACG, AWW, LMK or anyone else fancies trying their luck:

So the anarchist bookfair in its current carnation allows sales of magazines defending Tara Flick Wolf but doesn’t allow the ACG - and let’s not pretend the shitty treatment the ACG have been dealing with (for a while now) isn’t linked to the fall out around the time of the Hyde park incident.

Elderly anarchists have to stand outside and inside you can read about how some violent prick is the victim of something or other. Safer spaces woohoo

So the anarchist bookfair in its current carnation allows sales of magazines defending Tara Flick Wolf but doesn’t allow the ACG - and let’s not pretend the shitty treatment the ACG have been dealing with (for a while now) isn’t linked to the fall out around the time of the Hyde park incident.
What Hyde park incident?

What Hyde park incident?
It's a reference to an altercation that happened in September 2017, that was not entirely unconnected to the later kerfuffle at that year's bookfair:

I don't know what conversations may have happened about it within the AF in 2017, but since the ACG was founded in 2018 and, afaik, have never made any comment on the case, it'd be a bit weird to base a decision about giving them a stall on their perceived attitudes to that incident?

It's a reference to an altercation that happened in September 2017, that was not entirely unconnected to the later kerfuffle at that year's bookfair:

I don't know what conversations may have happened about it within the AF in 2017, but since the ACG was founded in 2018 and, afaik, have never made any comment on the case, it'd be a bit weird to base a decision about giving them a stall on their perceived attitudes to that incident?

"The whole thing barely would have raised eyebrows at a Wetherspoons any Friday night. "

Is this true ? tbh I have never seen too much trouble in Weatherspoons on a Friday night. 4 o'clock on a Thursday /Friday afternoon after an all day session yes and weirdly once after a wedding but rarely on a Friday night. Neither the AF or ACG were involved btw.

Back
Top Bottom