Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

London Anarchist Bookfair 2022

Where did this idea come from that if you're an anarchist you should just put up with any old bullshit, because you're supposed to be welcoming of some kind of free-for-all in every area of your life? Why even bother to get people to book a stall in the first place, let anyone turn up and do what they like cos "you're supposed to be an anarchist. Gotcha." Why even have a front door? Why bother flushing the toilet.

You could argue that someone's got it together to run the bookfair, if they hadn't it wouldn't be happening at all this year, and it's up to them who they allow a stall or not.

Magnus' newfound hunger for data collection seems to know no bounds.
I am minded of the a time when Butchersapron lost his shit, after Kea posted an address-related detail about something or other, and he thought she was doing some dark magic voodoo shemozzle rather than a WHOIS directory search on publicly-available information 🤣

So in the spirit of equality, a sentiment that most anarchists would agree with, we should be informed of the employment details of the organisers and all stall holders to ensure there aren’t any other conflicts of interest in our midst. Would be a shame to be part of building a culture where being open and honest leads to censure which encourages deceit.
If they're choosing to work for fascists like Putin then yes. Otherwise there's no line and coppers and screws and mi5 agents can all have a table too.

If they're choosing to work for fascists like Putin then yes. Otherwise there's no line and coppers and screws and mi5 agents can all have a table too.
I don't personally agree with Ms McKenzie writing articles for RT. But neither am I willing to pony up to put food on her table and her articles don't appear to be supporting Putin.

Back
Top Bottom