Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

London Anarchist Bookfair 2022

"The whole thing barely would have raised eyebrows at a Wetherspoons any Friday night. "

Is this true ? tbh I have never seen too much trouble in Weatherspoons on a Friday night. 4 o'clock on a Thursday /Friday afternoon after an all day session yes and weirdly once after a wedding but rarely on a Friday night. Neither the AF or ACG were involved btw.

Read a bit sneery to me that line in the article about Weatherspoons tbh.

Last edited:
So the anarchist bookfair in its current carnation allows sales of magazines defending Tara Flick Wolf but doesn’t allow the ACG - and let’s not pretend the shitty treatment the ACG have been dealing with (for a while now) isn’t linked to the fall out around the time of the Hyde park incident.
So much of the malaise afflicting the anarchist movement can be traced back to the hyde park incident

Your joking surely? I've consistently defended Weatherspoons on here over the years .

Not yr post, the line in the article. Like a slight dig at Weatherspoons being rough and there always being trouble there. (Have edited my post to try and make clearer.)

It's a reference to an altercation that happened in September 2017, that was not entirely unconnected to the later kerfuffle at that year's bookfair:

I don't know what conversations may have happened about it within the AF in 2017, but since the ACG was founded in 2018 and, afaik, have never made any comment on the case, it'd be a bit weird to base a decision about giving them a stall on their perceived attitudes to that incident?
I wasn't aware of these, and I'm not aware of the people involved.

This conversation seems to have run away from me, as is often the case.

Since I appear to be getting into hot water, I should say, in fairness to my comrades in the ACG, that I have had to discontinue my membership for personal reasons, and I do not speak for them in the matter of sex with vehicles, dogging, any other fetishes, or indeed the relevance of events in or around Hyde Park, from the open air Stones gig to the present day.

To my knowledge, I was once in Hyde Park in the early 80s. I don't think I have been there since.

That's really offensive.

It's obviously not a van but an early series Range Rover. Besides the quote was 'fuck vanguards' so the picture should have been of 1659900275571.png

But this kind of puerile schoolboy humour has no place on a serious thread like this one. Next you will be writing of the man who got burnt trying to have sex with a Princess. For shame DaveCinzano , for shame.

Last edited:
That's really offensive.

It's obviously not a van but an early series Range Rover. Besides the quote was 'fuck vanguards' so the picture should have been of View attachment 336421

But this kind of puerile schoolboy humour has no place on a serious thread like this one. Next you will be writing of the man who got burnt trying to have sex with a Princess. Foe shame DaveCinzano , for shame.
I work with the raw materials I have - if you would permit me - to hand, so mea culpa

I was elsewhere in the world sort of defence. I've been in London around 4 or 5 times in my lifetime. I have never attended a London bookfair, anarchist or otherwise.

I did visit Marx's grave on one visit, though.
Marx is buried next to my grandparents, reactionary Irish Catholics, who would turn in their graves (where else?) if they knew their proximity to Karl.

He died in 1883. When did your grandparents pass away ? How old are you ? Is there a history of cryonics in your family ?
That's a lot of questions. However, last time I checked it was quite normal for people of all ages (at time of death) to be buried in the same cemetery and not necessarily in chronological order.

That's a lot of questions. However, last time I checked it was quite normal for people of all ages (at time of death) to be buried in the same cemetery and not necessarily in chronological order.
Asking a lot of questions is the anarchist bookfair thread way, your answers will be recorded and entered into an mysterious matrix that may affect your credit score and/or ability to get a table at the bookfair.

Ah . Thanks , that explains some of it . Ok ignore the first two and come straight to the point about the third issue

Anyone with a spare £18,000 (most expensive in the UK) can be buried in Highgate if a plot is available.

Back
Top Bottom