Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

London Anarchist Bookfair 2022

Now I'm not an anarchist but I think it would be fantastic if there was an Urban 75 stall at the bookfair?

Could we get one? there are enough anarchists of different stripes on here that it wouldn't be miss-representation. We could sell hardcopies of classic threads.

Now I'm not an anarchist but I think it would be fantastic if there was an Urban 75 stall at the bookfair?

Could we get one? there are enough anarchists of different stripes on here that it wouldn't be miss-representation. We could sell hardcopies of classic threads.

I think laminated sheets of threads in ring binders would be a great idea.

I well remember meeting The Black Hand who was previously of this forum distributing edited down print outs of Ian bones then blog at the book fair. They actually made quite a good read. Nice bloke as well. We could have the collected witticisms of Pickman's model as the main money raiser.

They have a group list on their website now. Is this the list of general book fair supporting groups or a list of stalls? or something else?

No link to Urban ☹️

Well, we still don't know why, and tbf there could be a fair explanation as I have said on here already. (I doubt there is personally, but am trying to suspend judgement until hear more.)

rich! still hasn't come back with any justification for calling her a fascist, so the Bookfair aren't the only ones acting like unaccountable toddlers.
ah sorry, seems like I was confused by someone with a similar name and didn't update.
As you were.

I called in at the Bradford Bookfair on Saturday. Wasn't there long and didn't get a chance to chat as the poetry reading was just starting. Did seem pretty quiet though. On the plus side, I picked up a copy of the Angry Workers, Class Power on Zero Hours. :oldthumbsup:

I called in at the Bradford Bookfair on Saturday. Wasn't there long and didn't get a chance to chat as the poetry reading was just starting. Did seem pretty quiet though. On the plus side, I picked up a copy of the Angry Workers, Class Power on Zero Hours. :oldthumbsup:

I bloody sold you that most likely! Wish I'd known! Bookfair was a bit shit tbh.

They have a group list on their website now. Is this the list of general book fair supporting groups or a list of stalls? or something else?

Sounds from that like AFed have now also fallen out of favour and been cast out into the outer darkness? Except for the East Anglia AF, who I think are unrelated? Also, I appreciate how ravi.sta seems to be a fan of the three Rs, repetition repetition repetition.
Fair play to them, that is a pretty solid lineup of topics. Slightly confused by how it seems that most of the groups running workshops aren't listed under the "groups" page, but hey ho, not my bookfair.
It’s a good read. Recommended.
At the risk of sullying this bookfair thread with discussion of books, I am looking forward to getting around to reading the new one at some point soon.

Fair play to them, that is a pretty solid lineup of topics. Slightly confused by how it seems that most of the groups running workshops aren't listed under the "groups" page, but hey ho, not my bookfair.

Think they're just a bit flakey and disorganized tbh and the website bit shit too.

Back
Top Bottom