Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Leytonstone tube station "terrorist incident"?

MrSki

Who am I to say you're wrong
A stabbing at Leytonstone is being treated as a terrorist incident.
A stabbing at a Tube station in east London is being treated as a "terrorist incident", the Met Police has said.

Police were called to reports of people being attacked at Leytonstone station just after 19:00 GMT.

A man was arrested after being Tasered by police. One man suffered serious knife injuries while two others received minor injuries.

Detectives from the Metropolitan Police's Counter-Terrorism Command are now investigating the incident.

The Met said the suspect was reportedly threatening other people with a knife.

ETA is some nutter with a knife really a terrorist incident or just a nutter with a knife? Don't know the whole story yet so too early to tell.

There is footage on my local FB pages. It's a lone bloke who I would guess is having issues with his health. It doesn't seem like anything further.

Not everyone who stabs someone has mental health issues, oddly enough. The usual reaction to say they do is an odd mix between knee jerk reactionary and oddly placed empathy. May just have been a cunt. Anyway, who knows? Bastard stabs someone in London, not an entirely unheard of thing and here's hoping the world doesn't tail spin into hysteria over it. They certainly don't when it normally happens.

Not everyone who stabs someone has mental health issues, oddly enough. The usual reaction to say they do is an odd mix between knee jerk reactionary and oddly placed empathy. May just have been a cunt. Anyway, who knows? Bastard stabs someone in London, not an entirely unheard of thing and here's hoping the world doesn't tail spin into hysteria over it. They certainly don't when it normally happens.
Liked coz it read like :don't let cunts like this give mental illness a bad name

Agreed. It was more to do with the way he was behaving.

ETA is some nutter with a knife really a terrorist incident or just a nutter with a knife? Don't know the whole story yet so too early to tell.
ppp
Terrorism is sexier and garners more funding than mere nutters with knives.

On the subject of lacking empathy my first reaction was that terrorist alerts on the Central line are the last thing I need on a weekend when the eastern end of the District line is closed for engineering works

Last edited:
The sad thing is that sooner or later someone with MH issues will probably end up shot dead by the Police who mistake them for a terrorists as everyone is jumpy and screaming public threats is a really bad move right now. I've spent the last couple of days myself wondering if a recent incident in Bristol is terror-related and being kept quiet and I am sure that more incidents like this could misinterpreted.

So why is the whole East end of the Central Line shut for an incident that lasted 8 minutes far from the tracks?

Hard to know whether TPTB are diligently protecting us from real threats or just spinning it to make us feel fearful and grateful. Or even just, yanno, playing it safe for all our sakes. Because they would do that, wouldn't they?

tim that's not a very nice sentiment when the cops managed to non fatally disarm a nutter that's just slashed someone's throat esp in the current climate

tim that's not a very nice sentiment when the cops managed to non fatally disarm a nutter that's just slashed someone's throat esp in the current climate

It wasn't so pleasant when in a climate of similar hysteria they shot Jean Charles de Menezez eleven times, then subsequently: lied about having given a verbal warning; claimed that he'd jumped the barrier, which he hadn't; and accused him of being in the country illegally, which he wasn't.

The killing of Mark Duggan wasn't very nice, either.

Some Egyptian bastard in a kebab shop the other day served me a yummy veggie halloumi wrap and said this is 'For Syria mate!'

Was this a terrorist incident? Or am I over reacting?

Last edited:
Some Egyptian bastard in a kebab shop the other day served me a yummy veggie halloumi wrap and said this is 'For Syria mate!'

Was this a terrorist incident? Or am I over reacting?

If you ate that wrap you have almost certainly caught terrorism and are passing the infection on to others. But don't worry I have already contacted GCHQ who have traced youe true identity and location from your postings here. Cresida Dick has been put on your case and is swnding rund a squad to deal with you. These people are professionals so it will be painless.

Edited to explain to those who's Nynorsk is not up to scratch that a rough translation of the mysterious phrase above is: sending round

Last edited:
If you ate that wrap you have almost certainly caught terrorism and are passing the infection on to others. But don't worry I have already contacted GCHQ who have traced youe true identity and location from your postings here. Cresida Dick has been put on your case and is swnding rund a squad to deal with you. These people are professionals so it will be painless.

Is that a scandi noir novelist, dogma filmaker, or Ikea book case?

Cheers - Louis MacNeice

Edited to explain to those who's Nynorsk is not up to scratch that a rough translation of the mysterious phrase above is: sending round

I did wonder.

Back
Top Bottom