Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Laurence Fox. The twat.

hard to tell.

not everyone knows about the 'new' meaning. i did mention it out at a former workplace 2 or 3 years back where stock images of people were used in marketing material, and one thing came out with a person making this gesture. the marketing guy didn't know that. i think that image was not used in the next version of that particular thing.

although according to some people, it depends which hand you use - one hand is preferred as it looks more like WP

this particular tweeterer looks fairly pro-palestine on the current situation, so think they probably meant it as approval.
Yeah, there's a men's support group that uses this hand sign as a sort of logo. I was surprised when a friend shared some info about the support group via Facebook. I messaged the group and pointed out that the hand symbol is now used as a symbol of white power by the far-right, but the organisation didn't seem to care, they're still using it.

And last time I checked, "sell out" isn't a racist or sexist term.
Indeed. I assumed that he was implying that it was used in context to imply she was some kind of "race traitor". Something which might well be done in a racist way of course.

But, a little ironic, given that he was emphatic that he was somehow entitled to call everyone else "racists" after his libel action was dismissed.
And also, if I recall correctly, when Elizabeth Barker's 'ethnic heritage' had been emphasized at the start of the trial, in a 'see he can't be a racist' way.

WTF is it with these right wing dipshits and cigar smoking? Is it some sort of weird penis envy? Or do they all have a thing for the possiblity of developing mouth cancer and advanced tooth decay?
I've noticed that the cigar has become some kind of symbol or signal. Always photographed in b&w, always filmed in slow motion. It's pure status symbol. They're in a suit, smoking a cigar, and you're not.

WTF is it with these right wing dipshits and cigar smoking? Is it some sort of weird penis envy? Or do they all have a thing for the possiblity of developing mouth cancer and advanced tooth decay?
I've noticed that the cigar has become some kind of symbol or signal. Always photographed in b&w, always filmed in slow motion. It's pure status symbol. They're in a suit, smoking a cigar, and you're not.

In Loser's case, to paraphrase Freud, 'sometimes a prick is just a prick'.

Er... I gave up smoking ciggies years ago but I'm still partial to an occasional cigar. But yeah, it's a sign of wealth, prestige and power. That's why the cigar is in pretty much every cartoon depicting a capitalist, the boss... and Fox and his pals like to think "that's me, that is."

Er... I gave up smoking ciggies years ago but I'm still partial to an occasional cigar. But yeah, it's a sign of wealth, prestige and power. That's why the cigar is in pretty much every cartoon depicting a capitalist, the boss... and Fox and his pals like to think "that's me, that is."
Fair. They have always been symbols of prestige. The use of them by certain types, and it's always the Fox-Petersen brigade, is a re-definition as more than just something which shows you've got money or confidence; it's like a weapon, or a threat.

Freud would have a field day.

Back
Top Bottom