Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Karl Masks vs The Walking Dead franchise

Karl Masks

Birds Angel Delight
Not much of a horror fan, but for some reason, perhaps listening to too much John Carpenter music, I want to rewatch the Walking Dead. I say rewatach. I managed season 1 of Fear the Walking Dead, and up to season 4 of The Walking Dead. Never the other sequels. It all gets too depressing, plus I hate Carl.

I've gotten to season 2 of Fear, but them being stuck on a boat bored me to tears. That's only episode 1! Does it get more interesting? Do zombie sharks appear? If not, why not.

I watched the first couple oif episodes of The Walking Dead, but I'd forgotten that they all live with a racist thug called Merle who is a massive cunt I honestly would have just shot, possibly using Carl as a decoy. No seriously, it's a dog eat zombie world, we don't need fucking violent white supremacist hillbillies in our brave new world so just shoot him, or push him off the roof.

Anyway. I could always rewatch ZNation which was glorious.

Today, I had chicken for tea.

I used to watch Walking Dead and then I was sat on a tube, at 6:30am, next to an old lady, watching people shove screwdrivers into zombie brains and I had a moment of clarity.

Not touched it since.

Walking Dead had its highs and lows. Love Jon Bernthal, but couldn't stand his character Shane. Almost gave up on season 2, but the storyline improved and we got The Governor and Terminus and then we eventually arrived at the Saviours. Felt that chapter dragged on and was a low point but then we got the Whisperers with Samantha Morton and Ryan Hurst and all was good again.

Fear the Walking Dead is excellent until a significant cast member leaves and a familiar face joins the show and it becomes a bit plodding. But haven't seen past somewhere in season 5, heard it improved.

Not too pushed about the other spin-offs but would like to see the Daryl Dixon one.

Really enjoyed the first season, but by the end of S2 I started to suspect that this might turn out to be one of those shows that, good as the writing and quality of the finished product was in S1, was being written open-ended from season to season and would be cynically stretched for as long as the ratings were deemed acceptable. Seeing as it has run to eleven fucking seasons, and given the excruciatingly slow pace, I am very happy with that decision.

Some other shows, most notably Breaking Bad, felt like they were starting to fly too close to the sun as well for my liking, but once it was confirmed the show had a predetermined ending that would not be extended regardless of popularity or ratings, I was happy to commit to the final one/ two seasons.

Really enjoyed the first season, but by the end of S2 I started to suspect that this might turn out to be one of those shows that, good as the writing and quality of the finished product was in S1, was being written open-ended from season to season and would be cynically stretched for as long as the ratings were deemed acceptable. Seeing as it has run to eleven fucking seasons, and given the excruciatingly slow pace, I am very happy with that decision.
It's based on a series of comic books that ran for quite some time, although not sure how closely it followed the source material.

Watch Z Nation (if you hven't already), embrace the ridiculous and have a zomble break :thumbs:
I did, but never the final season. I thought season 4 was ok, but it didn't have Addy who was one of my favourite characters. I heard they did a Black September preequel, but it was all serious. I have the Wanking Dead for that.

Sorry, couldn't help myself. I desperately want a TV show called the Wanking Dead. I am a child

Black Summer, underrated and deserved a 3rd season
But that doesn't have the humour of Znation though, correct?

If I want joyless misery in my zombie apocalypse I have 11 seasons of the Wanking Dead, 8 seasons of Fear the Wanking Dead, and fuck knows whatever other sequels they've comissioned. Plus real life

Back
Top Bottom