Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Barbie vs Oppenheimer

Barbie or Oppenheimer?

• Total voters
Maybe. Felt really unsatisfying is all I’m saying, the way the men’s rights movement thing ended with a return to status quo and then a pointless montage of weeping Barbie.

It didn't, though. The Kens were getting more rights - mainly shown by one of them being made a judge. And the voiceover stated that the Kens would become more equal, and, snarkily, "just like women in the real world."

It didn't, though. The Kens were getting more rights - mainly shown by one of them being made a judge. And the voiceover stated that the Kens would become more equal, and, snarkily, "just like women in the real world."
Yeah, I liked that finishing touch and the dig at tokenism. :cool:

At least one friend/ work colleague, perhaps two, have reported the old Nolan trademark about difficulty to understand some of the dialogue. Whereas I very much doubt anyone has seen the film twice, once at an IMAX cinema and the other time not, I’d be interested to know who might have struggled understanding bits of dialogue, and whether they were at a conventional or IMAX cinema.

Bottom line: I am sure the film looks amazing on IMAX, but I am both hard of hearing regarding dialogue, and have a ludicrously small bladder. So I’d rather watch it at the Everyman in Crystal Palace, which has so much legroom I can go to the loo as many times as needed without people in my row having to get up to let me go and making me feel a cunt. But then if I’m going to understand fuck all, I’d probably choose the IMAX.

At least one friend/ work colleague, perhaps two, have reported the old Nolan trademark about difficulty to understand some of the dialogue. Whereas I very much doubt anyone has seen the film twice, once at an IMAX cinema and the other time not, I’d be interested to know who might have struggled understanding bits of dialogue, and whether they were at a conventional or IMAX cinema.

Bottom line: I am sure the film looks amazing on IMAX, but I am both hard of hearing regarding dialogue, and have a ludicrously small bladder. So I’d rather watch it at the Everyman in Crystal Palace, which has so much legroom I can go to the loo as many times as needed without people in my row having to get up to let me go and making me feel a cunt. But then if I’m going to understand fuck all, I’d probably choose the IMAX.
We saw it at a Playhouse (independent cinema) where there were about a dozen of us in the auditorium. I didn't have any difficulty understanding the dialogue, nor did I feel that I was massively missing out not seeing it at the IMAX (with the huge crowds coughing and all the noisy popcorn). I'd been concerned about the long playing time so we didn't have anything to drink an hour beforehand and neither of us ever felt the pressing need. ;):thumbs:

I saw it at Everyman in Bristol and understood the whole thing. It's much better mixed than some of Nolan's previous movies.

Can people not hold onto a couple of pints for a film’s duration? Has WFH shrunken people’s bladders?

Reactions: Sue
There’s no way I’d miss even a few seconds of a film for a piss. I hold it in until the credits even if it’s uncomfortable!
Lucky you.
Seriously, some older people have reduced bladder capacity and it isn't a joke - it limits where they can go and what they can do. If someone has prostate problems it can make it much worse.

One day, DV, you will be old Orang Utan and I hope you won't be limited in your activities by your bladder capacity.

Can people not hold onto a couple of pints for a film’s duration? Has WFH shrunken people’s bladders?
Am unable to, have always had problems and it's worsening with age.

Which is why am not in the habit of drinking before seeing a film. Don't think have ever had to go for a piss during. But definitely before and immediately after.

Lately started to doze during films which is worrying.

At the picturehouse tonight, some people took 3 loo breaks for 2001 a space odyssey which is 2:20 long I think, and with a bloody intermission

Made me think they were doing lines in the toilet but in reality they are probably the folk who bought pints at the bar before the film started

At the picturehouse tonight, some people took 3 loo breaks for 2001 a space odyssey which is 2:20 long I think, and with a bloody intermission

Made me think they were doing lines in the toilet but in reality they are probably the folk who bought pints at the bar before the film started
Why would anyone buy a pint for a film?

My observations are not limited to older people, mind.
I went to see A Quiet Place at the cinema and three young people went to the loo at different times, during the relatively short film, in which being quiet is very important. I was well annoyed!

Think I’d rather bring a can in from a shop, but as I have to drive 30 minutes back home afterwards I stick to corporation pop
That’s a massive waste of money. If you must drink a children’s fizzy drink, at least buy it in the supermarket for about a tenth of the price, then sneak it in

Yes there were a lot of young people nipping out, I’d say if anything it was mainly young people at the screening tonight .

Back
Top Bottom