Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Films you have walked out on*

I’ve just started watching The Equalizer cos the 3rd is out and I ain’t seen the first two, nor have I ever seen more than a few minutes of the original tv show (great theme tune though).
I’ve given up already cos it seems Robert McAll is just a violent busybody who ought to mind his own business. The film starts with him inspecting an overweight colleague’s sandwich and shaming him for his choices, the judgy fat-shaming sticky beak.

The A-Team had a similar premise without the self-importance.

(Will probably give Denzel another go tomorrow cos there are apparently stylish killings galore in store)

Walked out on this... Embarrassing...Lenny Len in a white mask thing

download-12.jpeg

Cinema fell asleep in first of the star wars prequels.

At home I've tried to watch Gladiator at least four times... Puts me to sleep each time. Will try again though as I actually want to see it!

Walked out of Dancer in the Dark, all the shaky camera work was making me nauseous.

Most walk-outs I’ve seen was during French arthouse flic Romance, like this constant percussion of seats flipping up and the exit doors banging.

I'm not generally one to walk out of the cinema, having usually paid for tickets etc.
However on one occasion, which is for reasons a bit hazy, I ended up with some other people at the red carpet premier of Gumball 3000: The Movie. So I hadn't paid for a ticket. And the film was basically just rich twats involved in a stupid race, so I think we left after about half an hour.
The whole thing is a bit hazy however.

None. Films are magical to me. Especially when seen on the big screen with an audience. The joy and sheer love of the cinematic experience has been with me for 50 years, since my late mother took me to the pictures for the very first time.

Got a bit pissed off with US films in the 80s but sat through the stinkers (Top Gun, Gotcha!, Nightmare On Elm Street 2 & Teen Wolf... to name a few) most of which were either suggestions from the gang or the then gf.

The 90s got to go to a fair few independent/arthouse films for various reasons and by the time of living in London, was enjoying double bills at the Riverside Studios and big and small movies at big and small venues.

Do miss the atmosphere of watching a film in London with the crowd reaction. Don't miss the tossers and disruption when watching the blockbusters.

It's almost ideal watching a film at the local Toho these days. Cheap and comfy seats for us oldies, aircon, short adverts and nice and quiet (sometimes a bit too quiet!) and nearly all the audience stay until the end of credits.

Slightly worried recently, as have nodded off/zoned out briefly for two recent films. It's got to be the messed up sleeping patterns, as really enjoyed the releases.

You know how music can document/be to the soundtrack for your life? That's how am with film.

I've never walked out of the cinema but I did start to nod off watching Get Shorty it was just boring as fuck. I don't go the cinema much these days, I can only remember watching 2 this year.
Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Amongst Thieves (excellent movie) and Mission Impossible whatever the current number is (watchable but nowhere near as good ad D&D)
I've started and failed or nodded off to loads of films (and shows) at home. Eternals has the dubious distinction of being the only Marvel film to put me to sleep. Mrs Q is terrible for nodding off, I used to wake her up but these days so long as she isn't snoring I leave her be. She always seem to wake up and say "What happened?" just as it finishes.
I side with Orang Utan on this though Every Which Way But Loose and Every Which Way You Can are great films, Clyde steals every scene he is in and the scene where the cops pull up the gormless biker gang whilst they are wearing coloured wigs is hysterical.

I walked out of Moulin Rouge at the cinema in 2001. It was around the time of the Twins Towers and I think that might have subconsciously been a factor in setting my mood. The film felt brash, trivial, kitschy and deeply unfunny and I just couldn’t take any more of it. I haven’t tried to re-watch it.
I was lent it on video by an enthusiastic friend. Even with drugs, I had to switch it off after about 45 mins. Dreadful desecration of decent tunes - probably also explains my hatred of rock choirs.

Tried to watch Guy Ritchie’s “Revolver” the other night - lasted 10 minutes before we realised it was rapidly collapsing under the weight of its own pretentiousness.

Maybe 30 years ago, walked out of a Tom Berenger film, he was just post Platoon and was getting big films - it was some sort of revenge movie - tried to look it up, wasn't sure of which film it was - just found it dull and fucked off.

I'm more likely to fuck off at the interval of a play - did it years ago, 'Shopping and Fucking' found that dull, and more recently, Jerusalem - just found it annoying, and was more annoyed that everyone else seemed to be laughing :D

Last edited:
Maybe 30 years ago, walked out of a Tom Beringer film, he was just post Platoon and was getting big films - it was some sort of revenge movie - tried to look it up, wasn't sure of which film it was - just found it dull and fucked off.
Ex-special forces goes undercover as supply teacher in high school after friend is attacked?

I did the opposite with Audition (I'd heard about the story before I watched it).

I FF'd it through the boring bits and just watched the gooshy ending.
W T F!
The 'boring' bits?
The film is a whole and tottaly ruined if you just jump to the end.
The fact that it doesn't stick to genre tropes is one of (one of) the things that elevates it.

Absolute disgrace.

I've never walked out of the cinema but I did start to nod off watching Get Shorty it was just boring as fuck. I don't go the cinema much these days, I can only remember watching 2 this year.
Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Amongst Thieves (excellent movie) and Mission Impossible whatever the current number is (watchable but nowhere near as good ad D&D)
I've started and failed or nodded off to loads of films (and shows) at home. Eternals has the dubious distinction of being the only Marvel film to put me to sleep. Mrs Q is terrible for nodding off, I used to wake her up but these days so long as she isn't snoring I leave her be. She always seem to wake up and say "What happened?" just as it finishes.
I side with Orang Utan on this though Every Which Way But Loose and Every Which Way You Can are great films, Clyde steals every scene he is in and the scene where the cops pull up the gormless biker gang whilst they are wearing coloured wigs is hysterical.
I didn’t say they were great films. I don’t think I’ve seen them

Three men and a baby after making a girl scream as I've explained on several of the past 'which films have you walked out of' threads
There’s only been one of those (in which you related this fascinating anecdote). The others were on different topics

The only film at the cinema I ever walked out of was Kirstie Alley's Madhouse. Just after the (obviously) stuffed cat snorted cocaine, ran around in circles and dropped dead.
Never fallen asleep in the cinema, but it happens all the time watching films at home. This, however, is no indicator of the films' brilliance or lack of. Rather it's purely dependent on how tired and drunk I am.

I’ve binned far more films/TV than I’ll ever remember but most recently, Tar, which is pretentious shite, and Game of Thrones, which I’ve tried several times but never got through the first episode.

Almost fell asleep during The Deer Hunter because of that interminable and wholly inexplicable wedding scene, which just went on and on and on. It nearly ruined the mood of the whole film I thought.

Switched off watching Forrest Gump about half way through purely because I found the Hanks' character utterly annoying and sickly sweet to the point of nausea. Awful movie.

I was lent it on video by an enthusiastic friend. Even with drugs, I had to switch it off after about 45 mins. Dreadful desecration of decent tunes - probably also explains my hatred of rock choirs.

Tried to watch Guy Ritchie’s “Revolver” the other night - lasted 10 minutes before we realised it was rapidly collapsing under the weight of its own pretentiousness.
Missed that one. The Gentlemen is hard work. The other half loves it but a lot of it is utter shite but the big reveal that Jax Teller
has been spying on Hugh Grant's character all along and baiting him with steak
is hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom