Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Films you've seen alone in the cinema

I think belboid meant films where you're the only person in the screening, not just films that you went to on your own. :)

Beast which I thought was pretty good. It was a very hot day and I was the only person sensible enough to take advantage of the cinema a/c.

Southern Comfort. England football match was on that night. Next time I went to that cinema, the guy who ran it remembered me and let me in for free. (Turned out SC was his favourite film so he was pleased I rated it.)

Sure there was another one but can't remember right now. (I've also had a few disappointing near misses.)

An air conditioned cinema and a cold drink or ice cream is utter bliss on a blisteringly hot afternoon.

I’m not alone I the cinema today as there are five of us here - but so far the entire audience is blokes - including me - who are here on our own :)

Senna, about ten years ago in the larger Odeon in Oxford.

It was a daytime showing, and every other screen in the cinema was showing either Harry Potter or some kids summer holiday offering.

The original Star Wars trilogy in the mid-1980s, when I was 13. They were still relatively recent, Return of the Jedi having been released just three years prior, and whereas everyone had watched them already on TV I wanted to do so on the big screen and neither parents nor friends were interested, so I went three Saturday afternoons in a row to watch them all. It was fucking great :)

Yes, weirdly enough it was an 11am showing of Twin Town at the cinema at the top of Whiteley's Mall in Bayswater. So this would have been 1997 maybe. That really strange and always empty shopping centre is no more, and Twin Town certainly merited that size of audience. Anyway it taught me that morning cinema is not a thing.

Back
Top Bottom