Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Kanye believe it? Follow Kanye West's 2020 presidential bid here...

It's that thing 'this guy made a lot of money, he's smart and done everything right in life' that makes my piss boil.

People do things right all their lives and never get to be "Kanye" wealthy.

A lot of his success was the luck of being in the right place at the right time.
He actually thinks he's sort of a prophet so he kind of believes his own mythology.
And much as I liked his music, it seems that he's going through a very unusual public whirlpool of mental health issues. He sees himself as a prophet. So that's close to delusion, surely? I don't think that's a reflection on his intellect or his musical ability. But it's definitely a reflection of his mental state over the past few years.

Of course but that’s not what was been discussed - it was regarding whether someone who has been very successful financially could be regarded as an ‘idiot’ (read upthread).

They can still do idiotic things, even in money matters. Look at all the rich people taken in by Bernie Madoff.

Oh music and the arts more than any. Some of the most talented musicians I know are barely known, while others seem to have been successful on barely more than self belief.

Indeed. In my experience, certainly among some of the musicians I’ve played with over the years, a certain ruthlessness when hustling and an ability to fuck over your friends and band mates goes a long way to raising your profile within an industry that seems to actively encourage such behaviour. It’s not got much to do with talent IMO.

People do things right all their lives and never get to be "Kanye" wealthy.

A lot of his success was the luck of being in the right place at the right time.
He actually thinks he's sort of a prophet so he kind of believes his own mythology.
And much as I liked his music, it seems that he's going through a very unusual public whirlpool of mental health issues. He sees himself as a prophet. So that's close to delusion, surely? I don't think that's a reflection on his intellect or his musical ability. But it's definitely a reflection of his mental state over the past few years.

I think Kanye clearly has a lot of talent in his music career which is reflected in his global success as a recording artist. I also think he is intelligent to diversify into clothing and footwear.

Regarding the prophet thing you mention - I don’t know anything about that but - I’d say that it’s apparent some people who accumulate vast sums of wealth develop some sort of superior/entitlement/self delusion complex that they feed into.

There is the factor of personal energy, which does not seem to be recognised by psychologists as a personality trait like extraversion, agreeableness, neuroticism, openness to experience etc. This is odd because some people have a huge amount of restless energy and you would guess that they have a disproportionate impact on their surroundings. They are always on the go when they're not asleep (which they probably resent as lost time). What they do is by no means guaranteed to be successful, but they have to do something.

I think Kanye clearly has a lot of talent in his music career which is reflected in his global success as a recording artist. I also think he is intelligent to diversify into clothing and footwear.

Regarding the prophet thing you mention - I don’t know anything about that but - I’d say that it’s apparent some people who accumulate vast sums of wealth develop some sort of superior/entitlement/self delusion complex that they feed into.

He also has MASSIVE ego.

I mean he's actually said his biggest disappointment is that he will never see himself perform live.

😳

Last edited:
There's a lot of similarity in the two mens careers really, both stick their famous name on a wide range of objects that have nothing to do with them to try to make money, so its sort of less a person who produces anything than a brand. I think Kanye has most recently been touting a range of clothes at Gap and who can forget one of the many highlights of trump's career.
H21503-L205871231.jpg

I'll take that as a definite NO.
So we're agreed, Trump's thick as pig shit.

You seem a tad belligerent on this for some reason, so I did a quick google search for you and found this article that gives an overview of Trumps business successes and setbacks.

Apparently Trump is the first ever billionaire President - maybe Kanye can be the second?

Why do you love him so much? Are you obsessed with money?

Kanye or Trump?

Neither nor obsessed with money - but if you read upthread you will see a discussion over the relationship with financially successful individuals and idiocy.

I would imagine that I'm not alone in considering myself a more successful. .... than Trump

spouse, parent, debt payer, truth teller, person of my word, and much more. Not with any great effort

There is one tiny thing which he is more successful at which is being rich. He's pretty crap at that btw. I'd do that better too.

And anyway

I care not for the wealth of Gyges the King of Sardis, nor does gold take me captive, and I praise not tyrants.
I care to drench my beard with scent and crown my head with roses. I care for to-day ; who knows to-morrow?

Everybody else picks up the tab for his mistakes:

But wrt to Kanye, is he doing it as a spoiler? He's left it way too late anyway hasn't he?

Are all billionaires cunts? I’d say - yes.

I would imagine that I'm not alone in considering myself a more successful. .... than Trump

spouse, parent, debt payer, truth teller, person of my word, and much more. Not with any great effort

There is one tiny thing which he is more successful at which is being rich. He's pretty crap at that btw. I'd do that better too.

And anyway

I care not for the wealth of Gyges the King of Sardis, nor does gold take me captive, and I praise not tyrants.
I care to drench my beard with scent and crown my head with roses. I care for to-day ; who knows to-morrow?

You’ve got better hats than Trump I’d wager.

Kanye or Trump?

Neither nor obsessed with money - but if you read upthread you will see a discussion over the relationship with financially successful individuals and idiocy.
Are successful bank robbers and loan sharks super intelligent?

Trump is thick as fuck. He has financial advisors, creative accountants and other crooked people working for him, and he uses his name and other people's money to make money for himself, then when he fucks up, which is more often than not, he asset strips and pumps his personal debts into his failing business, whilst bankrupting umpteen small companies along the way. How he hasn't been locked up before now is astounding, but his type never see the inside of a cell. It seems that once you rip people off for Billions, you become immune to the laws that the rest of the world live by.

Back
Top Bottom