Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Johann Hari admits copying and pasting interview quotes

I'm not patronising you, you genuinely don't seem to have a grasp of what's going on here - what the importance of this is, how or why it matters. You're basically saying that people you like can do what they want, and the only grounds for disagreeing with you are because of the powerful 'truth' (sic) of Hari's word. And i bet that you're on your hight rockin' horse over the NOTW. Don't you have any standards? You um...rotter.

Bollocks of the fucking highest order. I've never said 'he can do what he wants because I like him'. Cut the bollocks and have a proper discussion about what I'm ACTUALLY saying instead of putting words into my mouth.

I've read all of this thread, I must have missed the bit about lies (and I'm not being facetious). Can I have a link please?

Unlike certain others I'm more than capable of changing my mind and admitting I'm wrong, instead of being a stubborn fucker.

Are you this passsive-aggressive irl?

Grow a pair.

Bollocks of the fucking highest order. I've never said 'he can do what he wants because I like him'. Cut the bollocks and have a proper discussion about what I'm ACTUALLY saying instead of putting words into my mouth.

You're a terrible debater arent you?

You did, you just don't realise it. Let's have the rest of these 90% smears please.

You did, you just don't realise it. Let's have the rest of these 90% smears please.

Ah I see, you're going to press that point and use it as validation that you've 'won'. I'll wait for that link to see about his lies (which I cba searching for). It's funny how I've not actually said he's done nothing wrong, because he has. But people read what they want to read.

I've read all of this thread, I must have missed the bit about lies (and I'm not being facetious). Can I have a link please?

Unlike certain others I'm more than capable of changing my mind and admitting I'm wrong, instead of being a stubborn fucker.

Dude, go back to the first few pages, I tried the same shit as you, only my excuse was I was ill and spoiling for a fight. Read the links, it's all there.

I think saying you spent a few months in Iraq and it actually being more like a few weeks, in order to bolster up your support for an illegal war, or saying things people have written in their books (usually out of context) and claiming they actually said them to you in an interview counts as "lying" tbh

also he doesn't have anything to do with the left, or opposing the coalition, and people like him are actually discrediting that opposition tbh

he said that he "had no objection in principle to privitising the NHS" in one of his articles

ffs

I think saying you spent a few months in Iraq and it actually being more like a few weeks, in order to bolster up your support for an illegal war, or saying things people have written in their books (usually out of context) and claiming they actually said them to you in an interview counts as "lying" tbh

There we go. Thank you frogwoman, for actually using facts. And I wasn't aware he did that, and that's fucking low.

Erm, Butchers did say that he said Hari can do what he likes because he likes him.

And he did, same as meltingpot did earlier. The argument goes like this ok, he did a little tiny wrong, but because he's great and i agree with an like him he should be cut some slack, and because his wrong was so tiny compared to others it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, so stop attacking him. Now tell me that's not the logic of plaid's shouty posts above. When does it stop? At which point does what Hari has done matter for people who take this line? It can't until he's done at least equal to the NOTW - because there are bigger fish to fry.

There we go. Thank you frogwoman, for actually using facts. And I wasn't aware he did that, and that's fucking low.

So, is it still OK, because he's a great leftie and a fantastic journalist that shines a spot-light on areas that no-one else dare report?

Ah I see, you're going to press that point and use it as validation that you've 'won'. I'll wait for that link to see about his lies (which I cba searching for). It's funny how I've not actually said he's done nothing wrong, because he has. But people read what they want to read.

I'll press it as one point for sure, because it was your claim and if you can't back it up it will become clearer that you don't really know what this is all about - as the above posts demonstrate.

I don't understand why all those blokes in robes and shaven heads dancing down Oxford Street still support him: Hari, Johaan Hari!

And he did, same as meltingpot did earlier. The argument goes like this ok, he did a little tiny wrong, but because he's great and i agree with an like him he should be cut some slack, and because his wrong was so tiny compared to others it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, so stop attacking him. Now tell me that's not the logic of plaid's shouty posts above. When does it stop? At which point does what Hari has done matter for people who take this line? It can't until he's done at least equal to the NOTW.

Hrrmmm... this is why I asked for a summary of the whole sorry affair. I certainly don't approve of JHs actions, if they are true. Are they true?

It's disappointing because (apart from the whole Iraq thing) I used to find JH quite readable.

Hrrmmm... this is why I asked for a summary of the whole sorry affair. I certainly don't approve of JHs actions, if they are true. Are they true?

It's disappointing because (apart from the whole Iraq thing) I used to find JH quite readable.

Yes, they're true. And he doesn't seem to know what plagiarism actually means. So well done all around.

Do yourself a favour, read the first few pages of the thread at least before offering all this comment.

So someone being an idiot is enough to discount what the whole thread is saying? Did butchers, truxta or anyone else apart from revol call anyone a tubby lesbian?

It's not about here and it's not about what people are saying on here. You need to look at the evidence for yourself not just discount it because it comes from people you don't like. There is loads and loads of damning evidence that comes from all sides of the political spectrum, this whole thing started after an interview which made the italian communist academic (??) negri look like an extremist and supporter of terrorism, which is hardly the act of a brave leftie defying the establishment as I'm sure you'll agree. Hari has stated his lack of opposition to privatisation of stuff like the nhs in the past, he has supported the war in iraq and afghanistan, and he has basically acted like the poster-boy for the sort of soft liberal leftism that many people on this website dislike, i dislike him because he has helped to discredit the left. but even if you are right wing, surely you must agree that someone who plagiarises others peoples work and passes off other peoples work as their own, or distorts what they say, no matter what they think, no matter what their views are, is nothing short of contemptible, and i have nothing but contempt for someone like that

sorry

btw i have nothing against you, i know you've got beef with plenty of people on this website, thats not my busienss, but surely you must be able to leave personal dislike of someone out of what you think about a topic, and not just assume that they are wrong just because someone you dislike said it

It's not about here and it's not about what people are saying on here. You need to look at the evidence for yourself not just discount it because it comes from people you don't like. There is loads and loads of damning evidence that comes from all sides of the political spectrum, this whole thing started after an interview which made the italian communist academic (??) negri look like an extremist and supporter of terrorism, which is hardly the act of a brave leftie defying the establishment as I'm sure you'll agree. Hari has stated his lack of opposition to privatisation of stuff like the nhs in the past, he has supported the war in iraq and afghanistan, and he has basically acted like the poster-boy for the sort of soft liberal leftism that many people on this website dislike, i dislike him because he has helped to discredit the left. but even if you are right wing, surely you must agree that someone who plagiarises others peoples work and passes off other peoples work as their own, or distorts what they say, no matter what they think, no matter what their views are, is nothing short of contemptible, and i have nothing but contempt for someone like that

sorry

No need to apologise, you get your point across clearly and concisely, without resorting to the tactics some here revel in. Plagiarism, is indeed, wrong and indefensible. I cannot take Hari remotely seriously until he fesses up. And even then it would be difficult. I can understand why people would be disappointed in him - and no, I am not a tory.

Back
Top Bottom