Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is Elon Musk the greatest visionary or the greatest snake oil salesman of our age?

That looks bad alright. But before Musk took over, Twitter was basically run by the FBI. So I reckon he's still a big improvement.
It's great, back in the bad old days you could get your content suppressed if the FBI didn't like you, but now you can get your content suppressed if the FBI doesn't like you, or if Andy Ngo doesn't like you, or if Modi and the BJP don't like you. It's great progress.
Still, I'm sure xtwitterx is completely free from FBI interference now. Let's check their most recent transparency report and we can learn all about it:

Musk was described the other day on a tweet I can no not find as one of those blokes who hates seeing their friends become successful and malfunctions as a result. The concept of Wikimedia being financially sound baffles him because he can't comprehend using wealth for good, he only knows accumulated wealth as a status symbol. He can't accept that debate relies on compromise, he only wants absolutes.

The crypto/NFT/techbro contingent are hoodwinked, and perhaps the spell will break. He's tanked Twitter because he's rich enough to not give a shit, of course. And as long as enough similar "stocks and Tesla" fanboys fund him he'll have the Twitter Titanic all to himself.

It's almost as if there's a reason why university-level instructors don't accept Wikipedia as a viable source. I've found that it depends on the subject. Wikipedia is pretty reliable for things like chemistry and science, and less so for information about history, politics, and people.
It's not just at university-level where tutors refuse to accept wiki as a viable source...
The proliferation and amplifying of white supremacy, conspiracy theories and antisemitism is an improvement?

Get out of here.
That's a lot of words for "Fuck off, Dwyer" :D

I don't know, has Dorsey given any indication of what his aim might be?
I've never met the man and can't speak for him, but I would guess that one possible explanation might be, if the data shows that the level of state involvement has stayed roughly the same under new management or indeed increased, Dorsey might want people to see that? In the mean time, I suppose we could try analysing the trends shown in twitter's transparency reporting, but that might not be terribly illuminating.

Back
Top Bottom