Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is Elon Musk the greatest visionary or the greatest snake oil salesman of our age?

I don't get it?
Basement dweller on the internet, who makes shit memes, promotes off grid homesteading and not being on the internet making shit memes. He spends the money he could have been saving to homestead to advertise his shit meme on TwiX, where he is presumably applauded by other basement dwellers.

Sad? Yes. Indicative that Musk's abandoned any form of quality control because big ad firms aren't interested? Also yes.

Last edited:
Fast approaching "it's just another 4chan".

that will be an extraordinary turn around from the genius "Lord of The Edge". Turn valid and dominant social media platform into a circle jerk of radicalised weirdos.

he will frame it as a Larp though when he's next on Joe Rogan, and all the saddos will believe him.

there's so many clips of musk on youtube shorts where he warbles on about some bit of tech, one of his cars, etc, and the comments are "the mans an utter genius", "what a god of tech" etc. weird, init. no questioning about the nature of his projects, who designs them, how much of a hand he has in it. just "genius" "god". there's somethign unnervingly deceptive about it all.
the cult of male tech gods is a thing in itself, no matter which arsehole currently runs which company....whoever is in the job would get some glory...
i think its probably to fill the void of no religion and 'no' politics (impossible to actually have no politics but hopefully you know what i mean) that people who pray to these tech bosses have ... the only positive thing they believe in is the new tech upgrade....replaces the idea of political social progress . the more tech god man is like their acolytes the greater the praise.

X, the platform formerly known as Twitter, will begin charging new users $1 a year to access key features including the ability to tweet, reply, quote, repost, like, bookmark, and create list, according to a source familiar with the matter

$1 a year for Twitter? I might take Musk up on this offer as long as I can pay by throwing pennies at him
this matches what i was thinking...pay a nominal sum but your account is now verified/traceable to a real person, and also moves the relationship closer to one where financial transactions can be done

It's okay, I don't understand most of these memes and have no clue what they refer to :confused:
the cult of male tech gods is a thing in itself, no matter which arsehole currently runs which company....whoever is in the job would get some glory...
i think its probably to fill the void of no religion and 'no' politics (impossible to actually have no politics but hopefully you know what i mean) that people who pray to these tech bosses have ... the only positive thing they believe in is the new tech upgrade....replaces the idea of political social progress . the more tech god man is like their acolytes the greater the praise.
Yes, 100%. They are given a sort of mystical grandeur, all knowing. Love the idea of new tech break through being a new spiritual or metapysical or political break through. Meanwhile food banks.

new tech break through being a new spiritual or metapysical or political break through. Meanwhile food banks.
---and thats the reality of the politics these people have---
dont change the structure, dont challenge inequality, let capitalism save and free us with its latest upgrade

Last edited:
---and thats the reality of the politics these people have---
dont change the structure, dont challenge inequality, let capitalism save and free us with its latest upgrade
yeh and also this is where the humanities should be so powerful as a kind humanistic counter narrative. the "beyond physics" of a poem, or an album, etc. the humanities have never felt so important, tbh in the midsts of this tech revolution.

I don't get it?
Far right memes being advertised?

Pretty much. The word "ad" in the top right corner means that the person who Xcreted that post paid money to put that there and have it promoted in users' feeds. Normally one might expect that a social media giant commanding a global audience would be spoilt for choice in terms of big corporate clients looking to place adverts, or at the very least would have actual businesses looking to hawk goods and services. The fact that they've accepted some basement dweller's crudely handmade propaganda instead of laughing them out the door demonstrates either desperation, or that their desire to disseminate propaganda is greater than their desire to earn ad revenue.

the way these platforms are structured i believe are anithema to mental health. the psyche is so delicate, so interdependant on everything else. i cannot see how staring at that stuff for hours upon hours, day after day, year after year, is a net good for the "individual", mental health or otherwise. jesus, we have one life! having past 40 i am not sure i want to waste time spending hours and hours on some billionaires platform!
There's a pretty entertaining, in a shock horror way, mini documentary series about the rise and fall of JuUL. The US vape pen that delivers.

When they were in post success crisis phase, 80% year on year increase of teens using nicotine product 😭

One of the bay area tech big heeds had an idea, link the vape pen to an online I'd,

Meaning the company would know when, how, where, why, how many inhales, on the vape pen.

Now this would be software undoubtedly linked to social media.

So it would've been the worst of online psychologically informed app, combined with the most effective delivery ever made -Nicotine.

I could just imagine the cycle;drollscroll feel bad,* Bing *special offer on pods price.

Looking at fotos of X ,* Bing* your vape pen is low on battery.

The worst of social media, which operates on the proviso that negative impact is more engaging, and cravings for nicotine to restore your brains dependency ,in needing equilibrium ,for all types of emotions

Errr "excuse"?

Ah well, free speech and all that ... lying through your teeth is a God Given Right under free speech after all.

Maybe "excuse" wasn't the right word.

What I mean is, anyone who doesn't unequivocally "condemn Hamas" is being censored. The Daily Mail is running what amounts to a terror campaign against social media users who express too much sympathy for Palestine. It looks to me like a co-ordinated effort to make some kinds of speech impossible.

Delete your account if you have one then. Stop validating him.

Yeah, I agree with the sentiment. I no longer post or interact with Twitter e.g. "liking" tweets.

However there are quite a few people who only know me through my Twitter profile so I occasionally check for DMs (e.g. the Mayor of Worcester DM'd me a few weeks ago!)

Back
Top Bottom