Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is Elon Musk the greatest visionary or the greatest snake oil salesman of our age?

That looks bad alright. But before Musk took over, Twitter was basically run by the FBI. So I reckon he's still a big improvement.
The FBI must have the most incredible army of operatives, numbering tens - if not hundreds - of thousands of employees all dutifully keeping their silence about the globsl conspiracy they were all part of, despite a large chunk of them being laid off after that prize cunt Musk took over the business.

I've never met the man and can't speak for him, but I would guess that one possible explanation might be, if the data shows that the level of state involvement has stayed roughly the same under new management or indeed increased, Dorsey might want people to see that? In the mean time, I suppose we could try analysing the trends shown in twitter's transparency reporting, but that might not be terribly illuminating.
…and apparently there was loads of “files”during Dorsey’s time that directly contradict musks narrative but were never released, hence why Dorsey asks “why not release them all” instead of those just convinient to musk. Even the fbi released a statement to the public saying he is talking horseshit and we live in a bizarre world where I even believe them over musk

The "Twitter Files" are composed of stuff that was selectively released and framed to push a particular narrative. Whatever Dorsey's motivations, he's at least honest enough to acknowledge that. Are you?
He does seem to inspire some odd defenders. It's almost cult like. Musk's motivations are like any other narcissist, being the centre of attention and intrigue.

Don't know enough about Dorsey, will make a guess that he's probably a bit funny money as well.

I can't see this happening, it's going to lead to loads of harassment. At least you can ignore Twitter as it's passive, but if Twitter is going to actively call you you'll need to leave it. l really cannot work out if he's that stupid or is just trying to burn it to the ground. (or both)
yeah, sex cases' dream

Presumably it'll have to be something like certain DM settings, so you have to follow each other in order to call each other?

Otherwise... that would be insane.

If nothing else, the whole point in not giving someone your phone number is precisely so they can't contact you whenever they want :rolleyes:

But Elon doesn't see things like that. He only thinks in tech, and tech solutions, and tech dreams. Imagine calling anyone in the world from your X account! Far out! Amazing! What's that, sex offenders are calling their victims from burner accounts and there's nothing police won't do? OOOPSIE.

thinking about vulnerable people being harrased is the Woke Mind Virus and you need to logik your way out of that, bro. Maybe get some GAINS! at the gym or something or go on a 35 mile jog.

I can't see this happening, it's going to lead to loads of harassment. At least you can ignore Twitter as it's passive, but if Twitter is going to actively call you you'll need to leave it. l really cannot work out if he's that stupid or is just trying to burn it to the ground. (or both)
It's all part of his "one app that does everything like they have in china" plan which of course won't work. Expect pizza delivery next :rolleyes:

world's greatest thinker develops a shit JustEat
Techbros are full of stuff like this. They'll spread all sorts of guff about discovering a new way to take people to the office and not realise they've just invented buses; they'll go on podcasts to sell the benefit of a new way of communicating and not realise they've invented going to the pub. Clueless to a fault.

Techbros are full of stuff like this. They'll spread all sorts of guff about discovering a new way to take people to the office and not realise they've just invented buses; they'll go on podcasts to sell the benefit of a new way of communicating and not realise they've invented going to the pub. Clueless to a fault.
one of them is going to look at a kindle one day and say "fuck all this shit, let disrupt and put the book on PAPER! it'll be so much easier to hold and you won't have to charge it!!!!"

wankers.

It's a feature of any period of invention under Capital that it will be first expanded on by the guileless, then exploited by the ruthless, then swamped by the feckless, and finally rendered a tragicomic satire of itself by the gormless. We're well into stage four when it comes to the digital revolution.

But Elon doesn't see things like that. He only thinks in tech, and tech solutions, and tech dreams. Imagine calling anyone in the world from your X account! Far out! Amazing! What's that, sex offenders are calling their victims from burner accounts and there's nothing police won't do? OOOPSIE.

I count one of the difficulties of dealing with climate change as the hopium provided by tech bros like Musk, who assure us that they can develop carbon recapture technology to handle it. It would be both more expedient and more effective to take advantage of the fuel efficient technology we already have.

The FBI must have the most incredible army of operatives, numbering tens - if not hundreds - of thousands of employees all dutifully keeping their silence about the globsl conspiracy they were all part of, despite a large chunk of them being laid off after that prize cunt Musk took over the business.

Of course they do. And you find this surprising? They are a secret service, that is the whole point of them.

Last edited:
The "Twitter Files" are composed of stuff that was selectively released and framed to push a particular narrative. Whatever Dorsey's motivations, he's at least honest enough to acknowledge that. Are you?

No. I mean, I honestly don't acknowledge it. In fact it seems highly unlikely to me. What narrative do you think Taibbi was pushing, and what was in it for him?

No. I mean, I honestly don't acknowledge it. In fact it seems highly unlikely to me. What narrative do you think Taibbi was pushing, and what was in it for him?

The one you've repeatedly come out with, all that crap Musk was hoping for people to believe about his acquisition of Twitter being done in the name of "free speech", via the selective releasing of files curated by his tame journalist. You've been hoodwinked by a billionaire narcissist, and not even a smart one at that.

You're an idiot. A gullible YouTube-infused, grifter believing idiot. You'll be telling me next that the Moon Landings were faked too.

You're a Conspiracy Denialist. You seem unaware that a journalist named Matt Taibbi has published what even his critics accept as proof that the FBI systematically censored Twitter in the days before Musk took over.

It's downright weird that you find this implausible. How did you think they spent their time down at the FBI?

You're a Conspiracy Denialist. You seem unaware that a journalist named Matt Taibbi has published what even his critics accept as proof that the FBI systematically censored Twitter in the days before Musk took over.

It's downright weird that you find this implausible. How did you think they spent their time down at the FBI?

Oh god help me for getting involved but Musk released files that supported his assertion that he “saved twitter " or increased free speech or whatever he wants to say. Those are the files you have seen. Meanwhile there are also lots of similar files that detail different scenarios that don't support his assertion. He didn't release those.

Huge social media companies have interactions with law agencies, government agencies etc. all the fucking time. Facebook will be the exact same. As will instagram, tiktok etc etc etc.

Most people do not agree that those files show anything like what you are saying btw.

Oh god help me for getting involved but Musk released files that supported his assertion that he “saved twitter " or increased free speech or whatever he wants to say. Those are the files you have seen. Meanwhile there are also lots of similar files that detail different scenarios that don't support his assertion. He didn't release those.

Huge social media companies have interactions with law agencies, government agencies etc. all the fucking time. Facebook will be the exact same. As will instagram, tiktok etc etc etc.

Most people do not agree that those files show anything like what you are saying btw.

Yes they do. Everyone agrees that they show the FBI censored Twitter pre-Musk. The only question is whether they still do. Personally I think Musk kicked them off, just like he says.

What are the "different scenarios" you say the unreleased files detail?

Back
Top Bottom