Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is Elon Musk the greatest visionary or the greatest snake oil salesman of our age?

Are you doing this deliberately?

There could be files that say "the FBI got in touch and asked us to ban xxxxx and we said no".
Don't forget: Dwyer made the ludicrous assertion that "Twitter was basically run by the FBI," which would mean that thousands of their employees were complicit in this deception and yet - for some reason - have never spoken out about it - even after they'd been sacked by Musk.

It's fucking embarrassing to read such shit on this site.

Don't forget: Dwyer made the ludicrous assertion that "Twitter was basically run by the FBI," which would mean that thousands of their employees were complicit in this deception and yet - for some reason - have never spoken out about it - even after they'd been sacked by Musk.

It's fucking embarrassing to read such shit on this site.
Like the good old days of jazzz.

There are no "good" trolls
I beg to differ

ssnZqU4.png

Urban without utter bollocks would be less interesting imv, because telling people why what they're saying is utter bollocks is a) a big driver for posting on Urban, much as people complain about it, b) often a good way of indirectly fostering explanations that other people can benefit from. I've got maybe three people on mute atm because I find them particularly unpleasant or counterproductive so I'm not an "anything goes" purist but it's a balance.

Putting effort and skill into being a cunt still makes you a cunt.
But Teuchter sticks to threads they start and draws people.
They are the exception that proves the rule. I'd agree with you on everyone else who trolls. Especially spamming across multiple sites and wrecking the conversation flow.

teuchter if you are bothered by what I posted please let me know and I'll delete it. I don't want to come across as bullying at all, and I honestly don't mean it in a bullying way. :)

But Teuchter sticks to threads they start and draws people.
They are the exception that proves the rule.

If teuchter or any other self-styled troll starts some daft thread in the general forum and everyone else dunks on their silly arse, then I'd say they're not really "trolling", but rather putting on a jester's outfit and dancing for us. But it does make it really hard, for me at least, to take any opinions from such posters seriously. How do I know whether they're being genuine or not? After all, being such a "sKiLlEd" troll, they could be saying anything just to get a reaction. Death by irony.

Meanwhile, Musk is still delusional:

Elon Musk wants X to be the center of your financial world, handling anything in your life that deals with money. He expects those features to launch by the end of 2024, he told X employees during an all hands call on Thursday, saying that people will be surprised with “just how powerful it is.”
“When I say payments, I actually mean someone’s entire financial life,” Musk said, according to audio of the meeting obtained by The Verge. “If it involves money. It’ll be on our platform. Money or securities or whatever. So, it’s not just like send $20 to my friend. I’m talking about, like, you won’t need a bank account.”

The Rational Proof of the Existence of God was the best wind up this site has ever had. It had people queuing up to take a swing and no one could connect, and no one got hurt anyway.

New Dwyer seems to have become a bog standard right wing WUM though unfortunately.

The Rational Proof of the Existence of God was the best wind up this site has ever had. It had people queuing up to take a swing and no one could connect, and no one got hurt anyway.

I tried reading that thread a week or two ago after someone brought it up following Dwyer's return. By the time I got bored and closed the tab, people were still arguing about value and exchange (Like what the fuck has that got to do with god's existence?!). Did anyone ever manage to condense the argument into a concise format, or has it been forever forgotten as a drip-feed of irrelevant, evasive and tedious bullshit? Aren't wind-ups supposed to agitate the reader, not send them to sleep?

Back
Top Bottom