Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is Elon Musk the greatest visionary or the greatest snake oil salesman of our age?

X, formerly Twitter, is now valued at $19 billion, based on the company’s employee equity compensation plan. The privately-held company, owned by Elon Musk, is giving employees RSUs at a share price of $45 according to two sources familiar with the matter. The company previously offered employees stock in March at a $20 billion valuation.

Staff received an email on Monday regarding the equity grant agreements, according to a screenshot viewed by Fortune.
This new valuation comes a year after Musk purchased the platform for $44 billion, and recent reporting claims that the banks involved with financing the deal are still grappling with efforts to mitigate the adverse impact on their financial standings, expecting to lose roughly $2 billion, the Wall Street Journal reported. In July, Musk posted that X is “still negative cash flow” due to a “50% drop in advertising revenue plus heavy debt load.”
oops dropped $25 billion in a year. The man's uniquely skilled. :thumbs:

Yes I know. I've read them. My opinion, as a radical journalist, is that he's blown up something not at all surprising or significant into a Big Conspiracy palatable to people like you because he's a) ideologically primed to b) has a great deal to gain from doing so. Twitter absolutely does censor, which again, I know quite well as a radical left journalist, but this ain't it. This is standard big social media company/state interactions that you' could as easily find on Facebook or TikTok if access was granted.

It's not "standard" because there's no precedent for social media's current influence on public opinion. Thanks to Musk, we know that Yoel Roth worked with the FBI throughout the run-up to the 2020 election. We also know that the FBI induced Twitter to censor the Hunter Biden laptop story. That alone could have swung the election, and surely influenced it. You may be right about Facebook and TikTok being censored too, but the difference is that we know about Twitter for sure. And we wouldn't know without Musk.

For me though, the really interesting question is why the FBI was so committed to getting Trump out of office. If we could answer that, we'd understand many more things than we currently do.

It's not "standard" because there's no precedent for social media's current influence on public opinion. Thanks to Musk, we know that Yoel Roth worked with the FBI throughout the run-up to the 2020 election. We also know that the FBI induced Twitter to censor the Hunter Biden laptop story. That alone could have swung the election, and surely influenced it. You may be right about Facebook and TikTok being censored too, but the difference is that we know about Twitter for sure. And we wouldn't know without Musk.

For me though, the really interesting question is why the FBI was so committed to getting Trump out of office. If we could answer that, we'd understand many more things than we currently do.

Because he’s a sleazy lunatic?

Even the Republicans admit that Joe Biden had nothing to do with Hunter's laptop.

Republican Inquiry Finds No Evidence of Wrongdoing by Biden​

The report delivered on Wednesday appeared to be little more than a rehashing of unproven allegations that echoed a Russian disinformation campaign.
from https://archive.ph/ExuwZ

What has a relative doing something wrong got to do with the person being elected?
Going with that logic, Jeremy Corbyn is a COVID denying, Climate change denying conspiracist, just because Piers is.

Even the Republicans admit that Joe Biden had nothing to do with Hunter's laptop.

What has a relative doing something wrong got to do with the person being elected?
Going with that logic, Jeremy Corbyn is a COVID denying, Climate change denying conspiracist, just because Piers is.

But the electorate isn't rational. Having his son exposed as a sleazebag would have hurt Biden's chances just by association. The FBI obviously thought the story worth suppressing, and they ought to know.

He should probably pop over to the numerous Trump threads to acquaint himself with why the fascist, rapist, crooked, conspiracy spreading, white supremacist cunt might not be the best person to steer US "democracy".

The question isn't why you or I don't want Trump to be President. The question is why the FBI don't want it.

Russian disinformation campaign..? That's the Mueller report... the one the then AG sledged without reading it....as is an Executives wont. Yep probably would put that in the same ball park.

You can't seriously believe Ukrainians valued Hunter's expertise on energy matters or the stuff with China . Its cash for access. If that was a British politician we d be trashing such shady nepotism

the hunter laptop which no one can find anything on aside from pictures of hunters slong :hmm:

very true but you think they would of at least planted some evidence on it by now

but no republican just like hunter junk so much they keep releasing picture of it :hmm:

But the electorate isn't rational. Having his son exposed as a sleazebag would have hurt Biden's chances just by association. The FBI obviously thought the story worth suppressing, and they ought to know.

just a thought experiment but do you believe the FBI colluded to get trump elected in the first place by releasing press reports into Hilary email just before the election in 2016 :hmm:

just a thought experiment but do you believe the FBI colluded to get trump elected in the first place by releasing press reports into Hilary email just before the election in 2016 :hmm:

I think there was a power struggle within the FBI, which was won by the anti-Trump faction.

And Sophia Loren is a fascist.

Eta: rumoured as the family connection with Mussolini is not fully established.

Do you have any evidence for this?

The only evidence that anyone high up in the FBI favored Trump was the anti-Hillary leak in 2016. That seemed to contradict its anti-Trump activities--promotion of the Steel Dossier etc. But after he fired Comey it was all-out war against Trump. So obviously something changed.

What exactly changed, or why, no-one outside the FBI can say. But if I was planning a war against Russia, I'd make damn sure that Trump wasn't going to be my Commander-in-Chief.

Back
Top Bottom