Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is Elon Musk the greatest visionary or the greatest snake oil salesman of our age?

The truth is that he doesn't want people exposed to unregulated political ideas.
Yours is such a modern take Phil. If you don’t want to be involved in twitter and “it’s free speech absolutist project” youre somehow against “unregulated political ideas”. Exactly the sort of horseshit that musk and his batshit followers would pathetically trott out as if they are Masters of The Logic. Grow up. Read a book.

FBI censored all the fascists that have poured back on? Sounds fair to me.

They probably did that while looking fruitlessly for Trump's crimes.

They censored political content which they found undesirable, as you might expect. Examples include opposition to the Ukraine war and H. Biden's laptop.

If you cannot see moral grounds, even if you don’t agree with them, for wanting out, then I feel a bit sorry for you. There could be many, many moral arguments against twitter use, it’s affect on people’s attentions, it’s proliferation of none sense (left and right), it’s helping the lining the pockets of grifters, it’s affect on the human psyche, it’s purposely addictive mechanism, it’s lining the pocket of an alt right mega capitalist, it’s use as a tool for virtue signalling rather than true on the ground solidarity, etc etc. now I’m sure there’s many arguments in support of twitter and I don’t actually disagree, it probably has many and varied benefits. But don’t think that those against using it are somehow “against unregulated political ideas” - with that you really sound like musk or one of his followers which is not a good look. Truly. A worrying look in my mind.

The amazing thing about these tin foil wankers is how utterly naive they are while thinking they're uniquely savvy.

OK, evidently you don't know about the Taibbi files. They reveal how the FBI censored Twitter before Musk. I understand that they weren't widely publicized in the UK (for obvious reasons) but you can easily Google them. Spend an hour or so browsing through them and your mind will change.

"The Taibbi files" are a great example of the naive tin foiler. It's an overblown name for an utterly banal series of posts in which it was revealed that various arms of the US State were talking to Twitter about some of its content and various company bods in positions of authority were sometimes co-operating with requests. This is presented as a surprise. What's more funny is that the same people who were shocked by these supposed revelations seem to think it's stopped now Musk is in charge.

"The Taibbi files" are a great example of the naive tin foiler. It's an overblown name for an utterly banal series of posts in which it was revealed that various arms of the US State were talking to Twitter about some of its content and various company bods in positions of authority were sometimes co-operating with them. This is presented as a surprise.

Exactly as I said, the FBI used to censor Twitter before Musk. Now they can no longer do so. That's why their mouthpieces in the MSM are discouraging people from reading it.

Do some research you say? :hmm:

It wouldn't hurt tbf. This is a bit like debating Van Gogh with a blind man. It's been proved that the FBI used to censor Twitter before Musk, and that they did so in the interests of the Democrats. Everybody knows this. It is not a matter of dispute. If you doubt me, just Google "Taibbi files."

It wouldn't hurt tbf. This is a bit like debating Van Gogh with a blind man. It's been proved that the FBI used to censor Twitter before Musk, and that they did so in the interests of the Democrats. Everybody knows this. It is not a matter of dispute. If you doubt me, just Google "Taibbi files."
how come the fbi are not censoring it from the Google search? It’s all over the internet, I have just looked.

More accurate to say that the FBI has made and still makes requests of Twitter/Xhitter, not all of which are granted because they're, you know, requests. This happens with every form of social media.

But that's not as exciting, is it? You gotta gussy it up if you're Musk and want to try and maintain interest in the platform that you're slowly killing by letting Nazis and nonces have the run of the place.

Back
Top Bottom