Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is Elon Musk the greatest visionary or the greatest snake oil salesman of our age?

Oh these, you can put a hole in an apc from half a mile away sort of guns. Firing from the hip is for gunslingers in old westerns. With those old revolvers. In any case that part was largely myth so I read, the average cowboy was a bushwhacker, shoot you in the back from cover with a lever action rifle. Myths as cover for the mundanely murderous.

Oh these, you can put a hole in an apc from half a mile away sort of guns. Firing from the hip is for gunslingers in old westerns. With those old revolvers. In any case that part was largely myth so I read, the average cowboy was a bushwhacker, shoot you in the back from cover with a lever action rifle. Myths as cover for the mundanely murderous.

A bit OT, but a friend of mine wrote his doctoral thesis on frontier houses of prostitution. Many of them were the richest people in town, and certainly the richest women. They used their money to build roads, schools, even churches or buy hymnals. Of course, as the towns grew and became more respectable the sex workers had to go.

"Please let it be true"

View attachment 394205
Bankers who financed Twitter sale to Musk considering taking it back because it's worth so much less than when he bought it.

:thumbs:
When you trace that back to the original story, it's an opinion piece which says that there's a meeting with the bankers but the idea that they might "take it back" looks just to be speculation.

I can't believe I'm cutting bankers some slack here but they probably also didn't think that Musk would tank brand recognition by putting in a weird name change, turn the site into an alt-right dumpster fire and all the while strangling ad revenue by alienating a significant number of the companies who now used to advertise with them.

I can't believe I'm cutting bankers some slack here but they probably also didn't think that Musk would tank brand recognition by putting in a weird name change, turn the site into an alt-right dumpster fire and all the while strangling ad revenue by alienating a significant number of the companies who now used to advertise with them.

Yep, according to the figures in that Reuters article, the loss on the $44 billion works out to around $100 million a day since Musk bought Twitter, not sure if even Musk's critics predicted an outcome that disastrous

When you trace that back to the original story, it's an opinion piece which says that there's a meeting with the bankers but the idea that they might "take it back" looks just to be speculation.

Still, it's hard to see how Xhitter can go anywhere but further down the U-bend. None of the known metrics are trending in a good direction.

Back
Top Bottom