Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Include Salmond in the BBC election debate?

Doigie84

Like the US, Britain will now have televised debates between the leaders of the major parties in the run up to the general election. However nationalist parties such as the SNP and Plaid cymru have not been invited to the UK wide debate and both the party leaders have been outspoken in their critisicm of the BBC.

As a party which currently holds seats in Westminster and running for the forthcoming election does Salmond have a right to at least take part in some parts of the televised debate, or does he and the nationlaist SNP have no place in a forum that focuses on a UK wide general election??

I think he'd be wise to keep shtum and then have the scots referendum on independence once we see how the post GE landscape lies. I believe he had 2010 mooted as the year he'd do the ref anyway.

Personally I think involving Clegg was possibly dubious.

I mean the only way Clegg stands a hope of power is if there is a hung parliament.

Those debates are a shit idea and he'd be better off out of the shouting match. Saying that, if he wants to be involved he should be able to.

Well, I don't mind these debates too much so long as they are properly moderated (lol). I recall the london mayoral election ones being competently handled in that Boris was given the opportunity to look like a twat and Livingstone ate him for breakfast.

I say put them in a UFC octagon with some bladed weapons in the middle and tell them that only one is allowed out again.

he's a glass eye. Depth perception would stuff him. Cameron is an eton twat and probably hasn't beaten anyone other than paid sex workers. Clegg would take them down.

he's a glass eye. Depth perception would stuff him. Cameron is an eton twat and probably hasn't beaten anyone other than paid sex workers. Clegg would take them down.

clegg would get paddy to give him some tips:mad:
paddy ashdown the only trained killed in the house of commons as maggie was self taught:D

The SNP has a point: the broadcast is to be shown in Scotland, and they are one of the options in Scotland. Their share of the vote is larger than the LibDems'.

apparently the SNP are going to court to get an inclusion in the beeb debate.

Their constant ineffectual whining means I now turn off the moment I see Salmond's fat face.

Is it beyond the wit of man for BBC Scotland and ITN to sort a seperate debate in Scotland. SNP's strategic planners dropped the ball and instead of lobbyign for a local debate, they have chosen to spend the past two week bleating. Ridiculous.

Salmond has a 'point' reh the lack of parity for the SNP and the fact that the BBC know the 'Clegg effect' has an effect up here. However Salmond isn't renowned for his own attitude in demanding airtime and parity up here for smaller parties..... He's a tad hypocritical frankly.

Well, I don't mind these debates too much so long as they are properly moderated (lol). I recall the london mayoral election ones being competently handled in that Boris was given the opportunity to look like a twat and Livingstone ate him for breakfast.

That would be Livingstone, the EX mayor of London? :D If Boris is a pillock, what does that make Livingstone ( apart from an odious piece of shit )?

Thank fuck for that

alex_salmond.jpg
baron%20silas.gif

I think he'd be wise to keep shtum and then have the scots referendum on independence once we see how the post GE landscape lies. I believe he had 2010 mooted as the year he'd do the ref anyway.

It should be a UK-wide poll. I'd vote for them to fuck off out of it.

considering Salmond isn't even standing for the Westminster parliament, it would seem a bit daft for him to be speakling in a debate about who runs the bloody thing

The SNP do have people standing for Westminster, though.

ay, but there's only 3 parties that are standing in virtually every seat in the UK, and the SNP aren't one of them.

If salmond had won, that'd have opened up a huge can of worms IMO as (without checking), I reckon UKIP, Greens, BNP, and Plaid would all be in the same sort of ballpark in terms of numbers of seats they were standing in.

ay, but there's only 3 parties that are standing in virtually every seat in the UK, and the SNP aren't one of them.

If salmond had won, that'd have opened up a huge can of worms IMO as (without checking), I reckon UKIP, Greens, BNP, and Plaid would all be in the same sort of ballpark in terms of numbers of seats they were standing in.
yup.

and while we're at it those twunts Robinson and Adams would have wanted an appearance fee too

Back
Top Bottom