Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

If you have it, have had it, are pretty sure you have it, tell us about it?

Have you got the virus, had it, or recovered from it?

• I have the virus at the moment, pls post symptoms in thread ..

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • I had a mild case of the virus and have now recovered ..

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • I had a serious case of the virus and have now recovered ..

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Someone I know has a serious case, and has not yet recovered ..

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Someone I know died from the virus

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • I was tested, it was positive for the virus

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • I was tested, it was negative for the virus

Votes: 18 11.8%
  • I am still healthy, with no evidence of infection

Votes: 79 52.0%
  • I was contacted as part of contact tracing, pls post details

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am self isolating at the moment by my own choice

Votes: 19 12.5%
  • I have been told to self isolate ..

Votes: 15 9.9%

• Total voters
Yeah, from people I've known even if you have it pretty mildly you will feel pretty rotten for weeks afterwards. To those who have it now I would say don't think about getting back to normal as soon as possible, instead prepare yourself to REST, as far as your life allows. Max out your sick leave rather than go back to work early. It's the best thing to do for yourself, and some think that resting in the early stages of recovery may reduce the chances of long covid - though that is speculative rather than solid evidence-based.
I really want my OH to take this into account, but he's gone straight into having an online meeting with his boss

I really want my OH to take this into account, but he's gone straight into having an online meeting with his boss
He might be fine but he might not, people vary so much in their reaction to the virus. BLF seems to have good advice: How will I recover if I’ve had coronavirus? - British Lung Foundation

What if I get tired easily and run out of energy?

Feeling very tired, called fatigue, is a normal response when your body is fighting a viral infection and afterwards, when it’s often called post-viral fatigue. You’re likely to feel fatigued for some time after you’ve had coronavirus. Give yourself time to recover. Don’t rush to do everything you did before becoming ill.

Rest is very important. Relaxation, breathing and meditation can all help. Get up and move around slowly and gently a few times each day. This will keep your body mobile and help with circulation. But keep your activity levels low. Both physical and thinking activities use energy. Try to do only a few in a day - including things like washing and dressing.

Pace yourself! Plan your day to make sure you have time to rest. Spread your tasks throughout the day – and throughout the week. Think what your top priorities are. Set yourself realistic goals. This will save your energy.

Take lots of rests before, during and after you do a task. Frequent short rest periods are better than a few long ones. Resting before you become tired or exhausted really works. Don’t fall into the ‘5 minutes more’ trap.

Oula I’m worried about you. Please be VERY CAREFUL. If that scalded feeling in your lungs gets worse- that’s when I started to get breathless, which then combined with the fever into a kind of whirlwind of illness. Make sure your oxygen saturation’s are okay and rest rest rest xx
I will heed your advice. I had a lie in and a nap today and still feel exhausted. I'm asthmatic and it doesn't feel significantly worse to after a normal cold but does feel different. I'm nearly 2 weeks in now though, if that makes a difference.
How are you today?

I will heed your advice. I had a lie in and a nap today and still feel exhausted. I'm asthmatic and it doesn't feel significantly worse to after a normal cold but does feel different. I'm nearly 2 weeks in now though, if that makes a difference.
How are you today?

If, as an asthmatic, you have a peak flow meter then it's maybe an idea to test your levels daily or twice daily.

I meant to get one months ago - will get Argos to bring one round tomorrow. Thanks for the reminder!

So after exhibiting some very mild symptoms (chills, achy joints and a bit of fatigue) that I reported to the Zoe app, I've had a positive test result. I don't feel too ill. No more than a shit cold. In normal times I wouldn't have had a day off from work.

The NHS app says I should isolate until the 12th but that is based on ten days from the test. My symptoms began on Sunday 27th so as far as I'm concerned, I can stop isolating on Thursday this week. Is there a way for me to tell the app this?

I'm extremely grateful to have had only minor symptoms. Especially since everyone else I know has been fucked by this.

So after exhibiting some very mild symptoms (chills, achy joints and a bit of fatigue) that I reported to the Zoe app, I've had a positive test result. I don't feel too ill. No more than a shit cold. In normal times I wouldn't have had a day off from work.

The NHS app says I should isolate until the 12th but that is based on ten days from the test. My symptoms began on Sunday 27th so as far as I'm concerned, I can stop isolating on Thursday this week. Is there a way for me to tell the app this?

I'm extremely grateful to have had only minor symptoms. Especially since everyone else I know has been fucked by this.
Well, it's not like they check properly whether you obey the app is it? So in a way it's up to you. But I would say some scientists say 14 days is the better isolation period as a few people continue to be infectious after 10 days. At the very least it's best not to do anything risky (in terms of contact with others) until 14 days.

Well, it's not like they check properly whether you obey the app is it? So in a way it's up to you. But I would say some scientists say 14 days is the better isolation period as a few people continue to be infectious after 10 days. At the very least it's best not to do anything risky (in terms of contact with others) until 14 days.

Yeah, maybe best to isolate until at least next week then. Should be pretty easy at the moment I suppose with a full lockdown in place. We've got fuck all food in though and it's impossible to get a delivery slot.

Oh and souljacker between days 7-10 I had two emergency ambulances inc being taken into hospital with second. But I think you either get pretty sick with it (I had a screaming fever, pneumonia and couldn’t breathe) or else your body kind of copes and you have a mild illness. You absolutely know about the former so don’t worry :D

Oh and souljacker between days 7-10 I had two emergency ambulances inc being taken into hospital with second. But I think you either get pretty sick with it (I had a screaming fever, pneumonia and couldn’t breathe) or else your body kind of copes and you have a mild illness. You absolutely know about the former so don’t worry :D

How bad were you felling before the 7-10 day madness? Apart from a couple of days right at the start, i've just had mild symptoms but now I'm panicking that I will get ill over the next few days! I've been able to breathe fine throughout (I'm asmathic but not seriously) and had a mild fever about a week ago.

How bad were you felling before the 7-10 day madness? Apart from a couple of days right at the start, i've just had mild symptoms but now I'm panicking that I will get ill over the next few days! I've been able to breathe fine throughout (I'm asmathic but not seriously) and had a mild fever about a week ago.
Keep in mind that most people only get it mildly. It's just that it can have unpredictable twists and turns. You'll probably carry on as you are, I think zahir is just saying don't count your chickens until it's fully over.

Had thought of getting a 2nd test before returning to work for peace of mind of fellow workers. But Test & Trace told me today that can't be done due to high likelihood of false positives for up to 90 days after infection.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom