Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you had Covid-19/coronavirus and how bad was it?

Have you had Covid-19/coronavirus?

• Yes I have and it was really, really awful - and I was double vaccinated

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes I have and it was really, really awful - and I was single vaccinated

• Yes I have and it was really, really awful

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Yes I have and it was fairly bad - and I was double vaccinated

• Yes I have and it was fairly bad - and I was single vaccinated

• Yes I have and it was fairly bad

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Yes I have but it was mild - and I was double vaccinated

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Yes I have but it was mild - and I was single vaccinated

• Yes I have but it was mild

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Yes I have but I had no symptoms - and I was double vaccinated

• Yes I have but I had no symptoms - and I was single vaccinated

• Yes I have but I had no symptoms

• Total voters
Get you and your 'moderately bad' Edie. Hardcore. I'd be saying I nearly died! :D
I know but when you see patients on the ward with oxygen for days or on ICU, that’s bad bad isn’t it. On balance, if I hadn’t gone in I’d of almost certainly had exactly the same outcome. My view is my trip to CAT coincided with the natural course of it ending to be honest.

I’ve currently got it. It started with a mildly sore throat and itchy eyes which I thought was hayfever. Now I’ve got a slight temperature and a bit of a headache. And I’m tired. But I have a busy life so I’m always tired. 🤷‍♀️

Double jabbed here.
Hope it goes away soon.

It sounds not dissimilar to my Covid experience 2-3 weeks ago, started like how a cold starts with me, tickly throat etc (like when I get hayfever). Couple of days later I had the temperature and headache, but they didn't last long, hope the same applies to you. I had just had the booster though, which was very fortunate. How's your sense of smell and appetite? I found it difficult to sleep and didn't feel like eating.

Keep us posted, all the best to you.

I had it early March 2020, just before they stopped community testing and things went to shit. It was pretty nasty, had a moment where I couldn't breathe easily, but I wasn't hospitalised. I suffered long-term brain damage that's been life-altering though and hasn't improved at all since.
Very sorry to hear this. Are you getting any after-care? A colleague had Covid in 2020 (i.e. prior to the vaccines) and it was pretty bad, he was hospitalised at one point, and is still experiencing Long Covid after-effects.

But what impressed and surprised me (given the pressures on the NHS) is that he says he's been given a thorough after-care plan with physiotherapy, doctor's appts for progress reports, and seem other stuff, I think, home visits where he's been encouraged to do memory/brain exercises like Sudoku.

Hope it goes away soon.

It sounds not dissimilar to my Covid experience 2-3 weeks ago, started like how a cold starts with me, tickly throat etc (like when I get hayfever). Couple of days later I had the temperature and headache, but they didn't last long, hope the same applies to you. I had just had the booster though, which was very fortunate. How's your sense of smell and appetite? I found it difficult to sleep and didn't feel like eating.

Keep us posted, all the best to you.

That’s very sweet of you but it was back in July that I was ill. I’m much recovered now. :)

I had it in February 2020, when only people returning from certain countries were being tested. Felt like I was coming down with something on Friday night, and wasn't too great Saturday, but I was meeting up with some friends, so took a double dose of ibuprofen/codeine. Had one beer, started on the second and decided to go home (although I did finish the beer). Spent the rest of the day and Sunday in bed. Went to work on Monday night -- after all, there was no real reason to think it was Covid -- and got through the first couple of days with ibruprofen/codeine, at the correct dosage. No cough, difficulty breathing or fever, but tested positive for antibodies in June. The only symptoms were the mildest of sore throats and general grottiness. I would only have really needed to take the first couple of days off work on symptoms alone, but I'm rather annoyed now to have been done out of a couple of weeks' skiving.

Last edited:
I had it in February 2020, when only people returning from certain countries were being tested. Felt like I was coming down with something on Friday night, and wasn't too great Saturday, but I was meeting up with some friends, so took a double dose of ibuprofen/codeine. Had one beer, started on the second and decided to go home (although I did finish the beer). Spent the rest of the day and Sunday in bed. Went to work on Monday night -- after all, there was no real reason to think it was Covid -- and got through the first couple of days with ibruprofen/codeine, at the correct dosage. No cough, difficulty breathing or fever, but tested positive for antibodies in June. The only symptoms were the mildest of sore throats and general grottiness. I would only have really needed to take the first couple of days off work for symptoms alone, but I'm rather annoyed now to have been done out of a couple of weeks off work.
Did you get tested?

Oh I see you tested positive for antibodies.

And it was almost impossible to get tested in February 2020 unless you were seriously ill with it. Then later on testing became somewhat available for certain professions, then later still it became available to the masses.

I can't be sure that it was Covid, but if it wasn't, then I was completely asymptomatic, because that was the only time I'd been ill in the past couple of years, apart from a bog-standard cold in October 2019, caught ironically in a first aid class (no better way of spreading germs than trying to bring that limbless girl back to life). Too early for Covid, and the others there tested negative anyway the following year.

But it was different from my usual sniffles. I seem to get them less than most people, and they're always quite mild, but they generally follow a specific pattern: the first day my nose runs like a tap, and the next few days are random coughs and sneezes. But this one had no congestion whatsoever, just the aching and general shit feeling that I associate with flu, which I've had maybe once a decade, and which was much worse.

Don't know if I've had it. 11 of us were in an Airbnb just before the first lockdown last year. 8 of the 11 either had confirmed covid or had symptoms without a formal diagnosis.
And the other 3 of us? Maybe we didn't get it. Maybe we did but without significant symptoms. I can't remember any symptoms back then but I have a perennially sniffy nose, and some respiratory issues from my allergies and asthma so may have attributed any covid symptoms to those.

Very sorry to hear this. Are you getting any after-care? A colleague had Covid in 2020 (i.e. prior to the vaccines) and it was pretty bad, he was hospitalised at one point, and is still experiencing Long Covid after-effects.

But what impressed and surprised me (given the pressures on the NHS) is that he says he's been given a thorough after-care plan with physiotherapy, doctor's appts for progress reports, and seem other stuff, I think, home visits where he's been encouraged to do memory/brain exercises like Sudoku.

That seems pretty good. They're not yet that organised or thorough here unfortunately, just focusing on lung issues for long-covid.

That’s very sweet of you but it was back in July that I was ill. I’m much recovered now. :)
Haha 😆 only now do I notice the date you posted your message! This is the typical of the sort of post-Covid confusion, foggy-headedness and tiredness I’m currently experiencing - just went to get my hair cut, got very confused when trying to tip the barber 🙁

Checking in as a confirmed case here :(

I had fairly strong* flu symptoms last week, and I subsequently tested positive on Friday (2 x lateral flow) and a postal PCR earlier this week.

On day 6, I'm regaining my strength, though unable to shake a fairly troublesome cough and chest 'raw-ness'.

I think I've had it fairly mildly, thankfully, though it's no fun. And I'll be even more jubilant once this cough goes :mad:

Just got a positive PCR test. I don't get Ill very often and it's not often I need to spend 3 plus days in bed, but I've been pretty rough the last few days. Trying to limit contact with my partner who has ME as much as possible. Will probably take the rest of the week off as I tried to work from home today and it wasn't amazing.

Last edited:
Just got a positive PCR test. I don't get Ill very often and it's not often I need to spend 3 plus days in bed, but I've been pretty rough the last few days. Trying to limit contact with my partner who has ME as much as possible. Will probably take the rest of the week off as I tried to work from home today and it wasn't amazing.
Best to take the rest of the week off; I tried WFH when I had Covid a few weeks ago and wasn't productive, kept making mistakes. Hope youre on the mend soon.

Best to take the rest of the week off; I tried WFH when I had Covid a few weeks ago and wasn't productive, kept making mistakes. Hope youre on the mend soon.
Yeah I've been sensible and told work I will be off until Monday so that's sorted. I'm also really cautious of making sure to rest and I won't be able to do that if I'm worried about work.

So despite being triple vaxxed I caught it last week, along with - literally - almost everyone I know in London. Had about 30 hours of feeling pretty shit and blowing my nose so much that I went through a packet of tissues and an entire roll of toilet paper!

After that feel pretty much fine now, with self-isolation boredom being the biggest symptom.

Back
Top Bottom