Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

If you have it, have had it, are pretty sure you have it, tell us about it?

Have you got the virus, had it, or recovered from it?

• I have the virus at the moment, pls post symptoms in thread ..

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • I had a mild case of the virus and have now recovered ..

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • I had a serious case of the virus and have now recovered ..

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Someone I know has a serious case, and has not yet recovered ..

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Someone I know died from the virus

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • I was tested, it was positive for the virus

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • I was tested, it was negative for the virus

Votes: 18 11.8%
  • I am still healthy, with no evidence of infection

Votes: 79 52.0%
  • I was contacted as part of contact tracing, pls post details

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am self isolating at the moment by my own choice

Votes: 19 12.5%
  • I have been told to self isolate ..

Votes: 15 9.9%

• Total voters
Managing here. Feel very tired and weak, chest is still a bit sore, slight temperature, some coughing. My 8th day of symptoms and am watching out for any signs of a cytokine storm brewing.
Blimey, 8 days, that is rough, hope you start feeling better soon!

So glad your feeling safe and a bit better :) Interesting about the cytokine storm, I had read that people on immunosuppressant meds were less likely to have this happen.

Depends on the dosage. I'm on Azathioprine 100mg and prednisolone 40mg at the moment. Hoping that will prevent possible cytokine storm....I've been there before when my immune system attempted to kill my liver and every single muscle.. internal and skeletal.

I'm on day 7 and no gp call back. I've no idea what I have but thankfully it has not worsened and I have no elevation in temperature. Hoping to get through the next few days without any problems but when this suppressed it's hard to know whether the immunosuppression is just keeping it all under wraps or what might actually be going on.

I tend to develop colds, coughs very slowly and then they take a long time to clear up. My self isolation has another 8 days to go...but I'll keep wearing a mask for another 2 weeks indoors around the octogenarians 🙂

I'm glad you're where you need to be for your health, Edie. And wow, good on that 111 GP!

Depends on the dosage. I'm on Azathioprine 100mg and prednisolone 40mg at the moment. Hoping that will prevent possible cytokine storm....I've been there before when my immune system attempted to kill my liver and every single muscle.. internal and skeletal.

I'm on day 7 and no gp call back. I've no idea what I have but thankfully it has not worsened and I have no elevation in temperature. Hoping to get through the next few days without any problems but when this suppressed it's hard to know whether the immunosuppression is just keeping it all under wraps or what might actually be going on.

I tend to develop colds, coughs very slowly and then they take a long time to clear up. My self isolation has another 8 days to go...but I'll keep wearing a mask for another 2 weeks indoors around the octogenarians 🙂

Have you been able to do a test?

I'm glad you're where you need to be for your health, Edie. And wow, good on that 111 GP!

Have you been able to do a test?

No. They're over run here atvtestjng centres. I dont have a temperature. And apart from a bit of a cough I have no other symptom. I am not a close contact and I'm not a priority because I'm just not very sick . I spoke with my brother (hospital dr) who advised just to self isolate and contact gp again or out of hours dr if I feel worse at any time. But they will just give me the same advice anyway.

No. They're over run here atvtestjng centres. I dont have a temperature. And apart from a bit of a cough I have no other symptom. I am not a close contact and I'm not a priority because I'm just not very sick . I spoke with my brother (hospital dr) who advised just to self isolate and contact gp again or out of hours dr if I feel worse at any time. But they will just give me the same advice anyway.

That's a shame - it would be nice for you to know. No postal tests there? I guess not.

That's a shame - it would be nice for you to know. No postal tests there? I guess not.

Not that I'm aware of.
Tbh I dont want to go to a testing centre. I am genuinely terrified. I know that I'm safe where I am. There's nobody coming into the place. I can control my environment.
Being without a functioning immune system means I dont want to go ANYWHERE and a covid tesy centre is going to have people with covid 😳

Not that I'm aware of.
Tbh I dont want to go to a testing centre. I am genuinely terrified. I know that I'm safe where I am. There's nobody coming into the place. I can control my environment.
Being without a functioning immune system means I dont want to go ANYWHERE and a covid tesy centre is going to have people with covid 😳

Yup , totally understand you not wanting to go out.

Hope you'll be high on the vaccine schedule.

I'm in the seventh group on the list.
View attachment 246780

7 sounds low but the rationale seems sound, because it means you'll be safe to go out to get your vaccination. Some of the groups above you don't have that many people in them, too.

But I just checked the testing requirements for covid testing in the RoI - not doubting you, I just double check things - and man, it does look really difficult to get a test. It makes me wonder about the reliability of covid rates in Ireland if they're that strict about testing people.

Sorry you're in that situation :( Hope whatever you have passes soon.

7 sounds low but the rationale seems sound, because it means you'll be safe to go out to get your vaccination. Some of the groups above you don't have that many people in them, too.

But I just checked the testing requirements for covid testing in the RoI - not doubting you, I just double check things - and man, it does look really difficult to get a test. It makes me wonder about the reliability of covid rates in Ireland if they're that strict about testing people.

Sorry you're in that situation :( Hope whatever you have passes soon.

Theyre reliable. Just overwhelmed at the moment.
Case numbers have risen rapidly and the HSE has already stated that the situation is now out of control.
ICU beds are filling up and the country just does not have enough of them.

Theyre reliable. Just overwhelmed at the moment.
Case numbers have risen rapidly and the HSE has already stated that the situation is now out of control.
ICU beds are filling up and the country just does not have enough of them.

I dunno, if you had to be referred by a GP and couldn't be tested at home I wouldn't have been able to get a test, and lots of people I know would have fallen on one of those hurdles. But that's for a different thread really.

I dunno, if you had to be referred by a GP and couldn't be tested at home I wouldn't have been able to get a test, and lots of people I know would have fallen on one of those hurdles. But that's for a different thread really.

Yes...which is why everyone is being told to act as if they alresdy have it.

They also figure that there are thousands of cases not added up yet because testkng cant catch up.

I'm off to sleep.

Yes...which is why everyone is being told to act as if they alresdy have it.

They also figure that there are thousands of cases not added up yet because testkng cant catch up.

I'm off to bed.

I dunno, you can have more people tested and ask people to act as if they already had it. They're not mutually exclusive.

But we should stop here. Hope you sleep well and feel better tomorrow. :)

I dunno, you can have more people tested and ask people to act as if they already had it. They're not mutually exclusive.

But we should stop here. Hope you sleep well and feel better tomorrow. :)

Yes. My anxiety levels are bad enough without this. You seem to be quizzing me. And I'm not sure why? I dont have any control over any of this and am doing my best to just fucking stay alive

Yes. My anxiety levels are bad enough without this. You seem to be quizzing me. And I'm not sure why? I dont have any control over any of this and am doing my best to just fucking stay alive

Sorry, not sure how it came across that way, but apologies if it did. Really hope you feel better soon and I will try not to seem like I'm quizzing you :)

Sorry, not sure how it came across that way, but apologies if it did. Really hope you feel better soon and I will try not to seem like I'm quizzing you :)

Yes... thing is I have done my research for literally over a year on this virus. I was getting n95 masks last January... and thanks to elbows for their amazing contributions to threads about covid19 I am kept abreast of things. I also have family working in the health system here. I'm usually not spouting only my opinion on this.
You may have been seeing my covid test position.. as a discussion. I on the other hand see covid19 and my immunosuppression plus multiple underlying conditions, as a life or death situation. So when I said I couldnt get a test unless I had more symptoms I meant exactly that. Believe me. And when I stated what was reported by the NPHET head of public health doctor, then that was what he said. I cant reinterpret that for you. Nor can I explain why things are the way they are...bar that our health service is going down the toilet and successive governments here have short changed the health service for decades.

You may not have intended to quiz me...... thanks for the apology.

I slept only 4 hours so I am going to try to sleep some more.

Doodler how you diddling?

I am definitely in recovery now, my last fever was 3am yesterday in CDU at 38.5oC and none since. I’m home. Chest very wheezy and tight, and I’m weak but capable. Feel tired but not that desperate fatigue. Am on the mend! Thank you God 🙏🏻

Anyone else feel quite shocked afterwards. I feel like I’ve survived a small hurricane or natural disaster or something :D

I am definitely in recovery now, my last fever was 3am yesterday in CDU at 38.5oC and none since. I’m home. Chest very wheezy and tight, and I’m weak but capable. Feel tired but not that desperate fatigue. Am on the mend! Thank you God 🙏🏻

Anyone else feel quite shocked afterwards. I feel like I’ve survived a small hurricane or natural disaster or something :D

I'm not in the least surprised you feel shocked - even reading what has happened to you is shocking. I really really hope you are getting lots of rest and attention. You've really been through the mill! You are one strong, brave woman!

Ever so pleased to hear your good news! What a relief for you to be back home and on the mend. In a way you have survived a natural disaster.

I feel a little bit more energetic than yesterday. My chest no longer hurts, am now making occasional phlegmy coughs. SPO2 is 96-98%, peak flow varies between normal and down by 5%. Temperature 37C this morning. Still watchful but thoughts now also turning to humdrum things like going back to work etc.

Can't imagine being able to tackle the more manual/lifting side of things for weeks though.

Last edited:

Yes, I recognise the feeling. Just as a warning I had recurrent bouts at what turned out to be fairly regular intervals of 10 days to 2 weeks. This was scary at first but overall there was a gradual improvement. Six months on I'm still getting occasional effects but most of the time I'm not noticing it. You may be lucky but don't expect things to be back to normal after 10 days or so.

Back
Top Bottom