Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

If you have it, have had it, are pretty sure you have it, tell us about it?

Have you got the virus, had it, or recovered from it?

• I have the virus at the moment, pls post symptoms in thread ..

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • I had a mild case of the virus and have now recovered ..

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • I had a serious case of the virus and have now recovered ..

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Someone I know has a serious case, and has not yet recovered ..

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Someone I know died from the virus

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • I was tested, it was positive for the virus

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • I was tested, it was negative for the virus

Votes: 18 11.8%
  • I am still healthy, with no evidence of infection

Votes: 79 52.0%
  • I was contacted as part of contact tracing, pls post details

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am self isolating at the moment by my own choice

Votes: 19 12.5%
  • I have been told to self isolate ..

Votes: 15 9.9%

• Total voters
Hullo! Still here! I’ve had Oxygen, dexamethasone, IV paracetamol (as get vomiting when fever was spiking), and a bag of fluids and feeling bit better. Much better actually- a big dose of strong steroids will do that for you :D

Won’t be in long, was admitted to Clinical Decisions Unit, which is for people likely to need 24-48hours of care. They say obviously I’ve had this big ‘cytokine storm’ where your body’s inflammatory response goes into overdrive on day 7-10 ish. I’ve got pneumonia on both sides (standard covid pneumonia). But although my oxygen levels are dropping to high 80s when I do anything crazy (like sit up), they recover fast.

Still likely to have horrid few more days they think, then hopefully that will be the end of it. Thanks everyone. Bloody covid!!

Hullo! Still here! I’ve had Oxygen, dexamethasone, IV paracetamol (as get vomiting when fever was spiking), and a bag of fluids and feeling bit better. Much better actually- a big dose of strong steroids will do that for you :D

Won’t be in long, was admitted to Clinical Decisions Unit, which is for people likely to need 24-48hours of care. They say obviously I’ve had this big ‘cytokine storm’ where your body’s inflammatory response goes into overdrive on day 7-10 ish. I’ve got pneumonia on both sides (standard covid pneumonia). But although my oxygen levels are dropping to high 80s when I do anything crazy (like sit up), they recover fast.

Still likely to have horrid few more days they think, then hopefully that will be the end of it. Thanks everyone. Bloody covid!!

Good news Edie. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help in any way. And I hope nurse Billy is ok too.

So glad your feeling safe and a bit better :) Interesting about the cytokine storm, I had read that people on immunosuppressant meds were less likely to have this happen.

So glad your feeling safe and a bit better :) Interesting about the cytokine storm, I had read that people on immunosuppressant meds were less likely to have this happen.
Not had methotrexate for two weeks as been too unwell (you get told to stop taking it whilst acutely unwell)

Back
Top Bottom