Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

If you have it, have had it, are pretty sure you have it, tell us about it?

Have you got the virus, had it, or recovered from it?

• I have the virus at the moment, pls post symptoms in thread ..

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • I had a mild case of the virus and have now recovered ..

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • I had a serious case of the virus and have now recovered ..

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Someone I know has a serious case, and has not yet recovered ..

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Someone I know died from the virus

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • I was tested, it was positive for the virus

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • I was tested, it was negative for the virus

Votes: 18 11.8%
  • I am still healthy, with no evidence of infection

Votes: 79 52.0%
  • I was contacted as part of contact tracing, pls post details

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am self isolating at the moment by my own choice

Votes: 19 12.5%
  • I have been told to self isolate ..

Votes: 15 9.9%

• Total voters
You're a clinician and you're really stoic
If you feel bad take it seriously
muscovyduck is right, let others make the decision about if they can help you
Also, 111 can fob you off bc they are so busy. You'll be speaking (likely) to a recently recruited person working from a script
Dont be shy of ringing back till you get through to a clinician

A friend going immediately to get me pulse oximeter from Argos. I know what Leeds teaching hospital covid admission proforma looks like and they won’t admit unless clinical requirement for oxygen, and cannot face sitting for hours just too weak. I honestly think I’m just panicking I’m sorry.

Perhaps you need to give yourself permission to be scared and to recieve help. Your GPs role is to help their scared patients.

A friend going immediately to get me pulse oximeter from Argos. I know what Leeds teaching hospital covid admission proforma looks like and they won’t admit unless clinical requirement for oxygen, and cannot face sitting for hours just too weak. I honestly think I’m just panicking I’m sorry.
Glad to hear that
If you get a decent oxygen level reading that will be so reassuring

I get that dread of A&E. Though I'm not sure they'd make someone with covid sit for hours in the waiting room, would they?

You wouldn't think one of your patients was wasting people's time if they had your symptoms and your health conditions. Hope your GP is a good one. 🙂

I've had to call an ambulance for OH, asthma again - been worse than usual for a couple of days and when he got home from work he was struggling and his salbutamol wasn't helping - when they arrived they took his temperature and he's got a slight fever :eek:

He's been carted off in the ambulance - will be tested once at hospital - please please let it "just" ( :( ) be asthma, not asthma + COVID :(

I've had to call an ambulance for OH, asthma again - been worse than usual for a couple of days and when he got home from work he was struggling and his salbutamol wasn't helping - when they arrived they took his temperature and he's got a slight fever :eek:

He's been carted off in the ambulance - will be tested once at hospital - please please let it "just" ( :( ) be asthma, not asthma + COVID :(

So sorry to hear that Epona

Sorry to hear that your OH has had to go to hospital Epona - hope it is, as you say, just asthma.

Thanks, it's worrying enough as he has severe asthma and has had a shit year with it (this will be his 3rd ambulance trip to A&E this year, well 4th but 3 were asthma related, the other was for reasons of stupidity :rolleyes: ) which could kill him anyway, last thing he needs is fucking Covid too. Then of course right now the additional worry that if he doesn't have it now, he might catch it in there.

They need to pull out all the stops to get people vaccinated asap.

all best wishes to you and sN

They’ve left me here (well they gave me the choice obviously). I have a pneumonia but maintaining oxygen despite dropping to 90 its recovering almost immediately so he thought I probably wouldn’t be admitted. I’m breathing fast at 24 so my body is working hard. They told me to sit so I’m propped up now. They have put me on a list to be seen by a Gp tomorrow.

(((all urbs and their loved ones suffering))) may you all get better soon.

Edie that is such a dachshund thing to do. They seem especially well tuned into their human

Back
Top Bottom