Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

If you have it, have had it, are pretty sure you have it, tell us about it?

Have you got the virus, had it, or recovered from it?

• I have the virus at the moment, pls post symptoms in thread ..

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • I had a mild case of the virus and have now recovered ..

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • I had a serious case of the virus and have now recovered ..

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Someone I know has a serious case, and has not yet recovered ..

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Someone I know died from the virus

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • I was tested, it was positive for the virus

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • I was tested, it was negative for the virus

Votes: 18 11.8%
  • I am still healthy, with no evidence of infection

Votes: 79 52.0%
  • I was contacted as part of contact tracing, pls post details

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am self isolating at the moment by my own choice

Votes: 19 12.5%
  • I have been told to self isolate ..

Votes: 15 9.9%

• Total voters
Thanks.

E-mail about Tuesday's interview sent.

Think I'll avoid saying anything to mum-tat unless / until i get a positive test - she's already in a tizz about whether it will be legal / sensible for me to go over there for xmas, and her approach to health tends to be either 'you're not dying therefore you are perfectly well' or 'you are not perfectly well therefore you must be dying' - there's no way i could cope with her coming over here to make a fuss (and it wouldn't be sensible for her to make a 2 hour train journey to get here)

postal test requested sunday evening, despatched monday, received done and returned today (tuesday)

i don't feel any worse today but still faintly crappy with occasional hot flushes and coughing.

the test kit didn't come with a bell to ring while i was walking to the post box...

My sister, who's a teacher in south London has it and she described it as...

" Just like a bad cold. My cough is very wet, I was sneezing, I get a rise in temp every now and then, but only for 20 mins or so. I feel drained though. My mouth tastes horrible, I think my taste and smell are affected, a bit. Headache, etc."

She gave it to my 93 year old dad who said this..

"well looks like i caught the virus, all the same symptoms like the flu and very low blood oxygen, blurry eyes and dizzy. weak legs difficult to stand .So deep breathing got it back to normal in a few days. feeling ok but missed my vacination spot have to wait 4weeks after you have had the virus otherwise its less affective .so its out of one isolation period and tomorrow all of London goes into group 3. much tighter.Just glad that i survived without being hospitalised "

I swear my dad's immortal !

Someone in my family bubble had a mild case in November, I tested negative. I think I may have had it in Feb but not confirmed.

Had flu vaccine in October for first time ever, so far no illnesses, apart from a bit of a runny nose, touch wood it may continue.

Last edited:
Youngest has a fever so took him for a test yesterday, has been around 39 degrees for two days and very tired but no other obvious symptoms other than throwing up on Wednesday morning. Not particularly unusual for a two year old to have a fever so hoping we get a negative result back soon (was tricky getting the sample, nasal only, so worried it’ll be an ‘insufficient sample’ again and we’ll have to wait out the whole process again). I’ve had a dodgy tummy all week, tiredness and a horrible taste in my mouth but the former two are probably just my crohns playing up because there’s been so much chocolate at work the last couple of weeks and it disagrees with me a bit.

The big fuck up will be if we get a positive or a late/no result as we’re in the middle of having the sash windows at the front of the flat renovated, they’re only held loosely in place with screws at the moment and very draughty. Obviously the blokes doing the work can’t be here to finish off if we’re isolating, and they break for Christmas on Tuesday. Might be a cold few weeks ahead...

Hope you're clear for your window replacement - has occurred to me that I really hope we don't get it in the middle our redecorating our front room in mid Feb, as we'll be one room down and the house will be full of piles of stuff from it! :eek:

Hope you're clear for your window replacement - has occurred to me that I really hope we don't get it in the middle our redecorating our front room in mid Feb, as we'll be one room down and the house will be full of piles of stuff from it! :eek:

Still waiting on a result after 53 hours, they said 24-48hrs. Chasing the result after going through eight menu selections on the phone just leads to a silent call that cuts off after a couple of minutes. I guess they’re busy at the moment.

Windows people turned up today before 8 having travelled from North Devon, had to turn them away. Half the living room is full of their tools and dust sheets and assorted mess, with furniture piled up in the other half. They’ve gone to another job locally to help out another team. Supposed to be finishing for Christmas at lunchtime tomorrow, so job won’t be finished. Son is still feverish and miserable. House is a tip. Merry fucking Christmas.

Update: got negative test through at 8 this morning. Builders have been in and tidied up, things more or less back to normal. Phew.

could do with some sort of crowdsourced info on how long test results are taking to come back from various test sites, as at least that might allow some expectation/planning. This was nearly 72 hours, the test site told us they were coming through quite quickly at the moment, in around 24 hours. I guess demand has increased significantly this week. They won’t investigate missing results until five days have passed, which would have put us on Xmas eve.

Last Thursday I could still get a local test for the same day in the evening or next day. Since Saturday I've not been able to get any walk in appointments closer than 6 miles and the drive in ones are far away too. Also those walk ins are rarely available, most of the time it says there's none.
Think it's safe to say Dildo"s system is buckling again.

Update: got negative test through at 8 this morning. Builders have been in and tidied up, things more or less back to normal. Phew.

could do with some sort of crowdsourced info on how long test results are taking to come back from various test sites, as at least that might allow some expectation/planning. This was nearly 72 hours, the test site told us they were coming through quite quickly at the moment, in around 24 hours. I guess demand has increased significantly this week. They won’t investigate missing results until five days have passed, which would have put us on Xmas eve.

My friend went to brixton walk in yesterday and was told 3 days.

13 year old has it. Asymptomatic (well has had a cold but that’s all no cough, temp etc.).

We are doing the ONS study so having weekly tests and it was picked up in last Wednesday’s test. No call about the other three of us so I guess we are/were negative.

Have sent you a message.

My 93 year old dad said this..

"well looks like i caught the virus, all the same symptoms like the flu and very low blood oxygen, blurry eyes and dizzy. weak legs difficult to stand .So deep breathing got it back to normal in a few days. feeling ok but missed my vacination spot have to wait 4weeks after you have had the virus otherwise its less affective .so its out of one isolation period and tomorrow all of London goes into group 3. much tighter.Just glad that i survived without being hospitalised "

I swear my dad's immortal !

10 days later.. from my dad.

I think this my strangest Xmas ever, getting over the virus is difficult. I'm just feeling so tired and not wanting to eat and not tasting anything but so happy to have survived what i thought would be certain death if i had been hospilised . I have seen some of the family from a distance, we're not allowed in each others houses. I Just hope that the virus never takes hold in Australia its spread so fast here in the last few weeks, with so many deaths.

Symptom diary for the morbid:

Dec 26: Out of sorts, with nasal cavity feeling hot and dry. Temperature was normal.

Dec 27: Felt slow and groggy all day, occasional sneezing, husky voice. Face covered with sweat after a 15-minute walk. Sense of taste normal (bacon roll). Went to the Covid walk-in centre for a test.

Feverish in the evening with strong chills and a temp of 38C.

Dec 28: Temperature back to normal. Occasional coughing, now hypervigilant about symptoms. Test came back positive. A slight sensation of something going on in my lungs, mild fleeting soreness when taking the deepest breath possible. Sense of taste normal or nearly normal.

No feverishness at night, but restless.

Be interested to compare notes with anyone else in the same boat.

Last edited:
I’m joining the ranks. Here’s my misery.

23rd December: Woke with fever 37.6. No other symptoms. Negative lateral flow test, went and got PCR.
24th December: Felt bit better but still tired. Negative PCR test. Low grade fever in evening.
25th December: Felt bit under the weather, but with the negative tests and their permission, took the kids to their Dads where his elderly parents were 😭
26th: Much the same
27th December: (day 5) felt awfully ill. Very high fever (never lower than 38o, often closer to 40), rigors. As I’m immunosupressed went on advice to A&E for bloods. So fatigued and awful whole body aches, just felt completely taken over by a virus but thought it must be flu.
28th December: Same as 27th with added shortness of breath on exertion. Went for another test on A&E advice.
29th December: Positive test. Same as previous two days but fever a bit less, shortness of breath makes walking even short distances very hard. Have called GP.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom