Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

If you have it, have had it, are pretty sure you have it, tell us about it?

Have you got the virus, had it, or recovered from it?

• I have the virus at the moment, pls post symptoms in thread ..

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • I had a mild case of the virus and have now recovered ..

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • I had a serious case of the virus and have now recovered ..

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Someone I know has a serious case, and has not yet recovered ..

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Someone I know died from the virus

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • I was tested, it was positive for the virus

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • I was tested, it was negative for the virus

Votes: 18 11.8%
  • I am still healthy, with no evidence of infection

Votes: 79 52.0%
  • I was contacted as part of contact tracing, pls post details

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am self isolating at the moment by my own choice

Votes: 19 12.5%
  • I have been told to self isolate ..

Votes: 15 9.9%

• Total voters
Forgot to add: full on diarrhoea since Sunday and mouth and taste is absolutely foul

Diarrhoea could be antibiotics

Do you find some things now taste sour? Toast and marmite this morning tasted sour, also some tinned spicy parsnip soup just now. Sweet things taste fairly normal.

This is so inconsistent. Text and email both say isolate from start of symptoms. The App (which I’ve just downloaded and put my test reference number in) says 10 days from now.

Which is it?! How can they not have even nailed this down, the absolute fucking chopsticks :facepalm:

Last edited:
so in my feverish state I fucked up the Test & Trace online form and needed to go back and add my partner :facepalm: Except it wouldn’t let you amend the data or go back. It just submitted. So I emailed T&T asking them to call me. They did, but the bloke didn’t know how to amend it either. In the end, he added my partner’s details as a note on my file. I had to literally prompt him to take his phone number :facepalm:

You could not make this shit up.

Wishing you all a smooth recovery

Edie especially as it sounds vile

Please dont rush back to regular life any of you with the 'rona. Just because 10 days is cited for isolation purposes it doesnt mean you are recovered in 10 days. This is generally not an illness that you can push though. Even milder cases can leave you unexpectedly fatigued

Wishing you all a smooth recovery

Edie especially as it sounds vile

Please dont rush back to regular life any of you with the 'rona. Just because 10 days is cited for isolation purposes it doesnt mean you are recovered in 10 days. This is generally not an illness that you can push though. Even milder cases can leave you unexpectedly fatigued
I genuinely cannot see me being back at work on Monday once my 10 days are up. I genuinely cannot imagine being able to take a shower or make a meal right now. Please please god I don’t have that fucking long covid though because I would top myself.

Big hugs to you, Edie. It must be awful xx
I genuinely don’t know when I should go to hospital 😭 I’ve ordered a pulse oximeter but it’s not come yet, if I could see my sats were above 94 I’d be reassured. I’d advise everyone to order one now they’re only £20 off Amazon and when you need one you need one. My fever is beginning to creep up again and I can’t face another night like that.

Dear Edie, you said your colleague checked you over yesterday? I am still concerned that given that you are immonucompromised, maybe you ought to be getting hospital care, especially if you are getting worse, not better at this point?

I wasn't sure if I should say something because my general state is very anxious at the moment, and I was worried that I might be misdirecting it, but now that you say you feel worse, I felt I should say it.

ETA: You just posted at the same time: I would gently suggest that the time is now.

Pulse oximeter gonna be here by 10pm I just need to calm myself down. I’m still most likely fine. It’s just so difficult to not feel overwhelmed when you feel this sick.

What's your GP like Edie? Do they know you?
No and I feel bad bothering them. Can they even see you at home cos I can’t move, I don’t know. My nightmare is being sent to A&E to sit on a plastic chair for five hours whilst panting and fever, only to be sent home cos my sats are like 96.

Pulse oximeter gonna be here by 10pm I just need to calm myself down. I’m still most likely fine. It’s just so difficult to not feel overwhelmed when you feel this sick.

You've got Covid, you're ill, and you might need some extra help. Who is the best person do you think, to talk to to check things out?

I genuinely don’t know when I should go to hospital 😭 I’ve ordered a pulse oximeter but it’s not come yet, if I could see my sats were above 94 I’d be reassured. I’d advise everyone to order one now they’re only £20 off Amazon and when you need one you need one. My fever is beginning to creep up again and I can’t face another night like that.
Is it due to arrive today?

In any case, what zora said. Hospital sounds like it might be a good idea sooner rather than later, given that you're feeling worse. They'll know you're not there on a whim.

e2a: just saw your post about it arriving by 10pm.

I genuinely don’t know when I should go to hospital

I was given a choice of going to a respiratory clinic or having someone come over to check me out if I wasn't feeling up to going to the clinic. My breathing problems were more at night so I was OK with going to the clinic. Checking oxygen levels seemed to be the main thing. Mine were fine but my appointment was delayed while they waited for an ambulance to arrive for the person in before me. I'd say bother your GP right away and insist on someone seeing you.

A friend going immediately to get me pulse oximeter from Argos. I know what Leeds teaching hospital covid admission proforma looks like and they won’t admit unless clinical requirement for oxygen, and cannot face sitting for hours just too weak. I honestly think I’m just panicking I’m sorry.

Back
Top Bottom