Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

How much evidence is there of long term high level UK paedophile ring?

I think she stepped down because she didn't want further dragging through the mud and further press scrutiny on herself and her family. I don't for a moment recon it was out of reflecting on the matter and realising she is just exactly the wrong person for the job

Plus at her age perhaps she just couldn't be arsed. Its still the right decision.

Full credit to her for doing the right thing so quickly.
Well, yes going now is better than not going or spinning it out for another few days. Same time, she was monstrously arrogant to think that everyone praising her 'integrity' would overcome what was a blatant conflict of interest. The fact that she seemingly doesn't deny the 'giving the press a bishop' stuff for me means she's part of the problem, not the soluton.

Edit, beaten to it.

If she didn't realise her own brother being at the heart of the 'dossier' case and limiting the scope of the Kincora inquiry was a problem, it looks like she doesn't follow things offline as well.
And according to the Mirror being an attendee at the sex parties.

vaz v home sec on the telly now (committee hearing):
http://www.parliamentlive.tv/Main/Player.aspx?meetingId=15801
When I started looking the word "obfuscation" came immediately to mind.

Also, it isn't just the chairperson of the committee that has yet to be established, the rest of the panel needs to be assigned also. So it could be some time before the enquiry gets going. And May was specific, this enquiry is not about bringing individual perpetrators or alleged perpetrators to book, anyone with specific allegations has still to go directly to the police.

So, cameron looks a right mug for having appointed her :cool:

Yet another example of how head-in-hands incompetent this government is. Thing is, they have Civil Service advice about this stuff, and yeah yeah at the top end the CS is as Establishment as it gets, but they aren't fools, they are operators. Are they leaving this Govt to hang itself?

Were we not due a re-shuffle today, or has that been postponed because of this

Still happening, as there is an article on the bbc news site about Ken Clarke stepping down.

Its possible they delayed it very slightly to make it seem that the 'loud train phonetical' leak about the reshuffle didn't have all the facts right.

A fundamental difficulty - which is pretty obvious but I'll spell it out anyway - is that anybody who the establishment will deem trustworthy, will need to be acceptable to the security services. For everybody else this means that either we would have to accept the security services effective veto (and lets not forget that the security services are necessarily one of the bodies being scrutinised) or question/dismiss the capability of the enquiry from day one. Personally I'd place myself in the second camp, and beyond the government doing the unthinkable (i.e. appointing someone genuinely independent) I can't see any way out of the paradox.

Cheers - Louis MacNeice

Presumably, given some of the cases he's been involved with, Michael Mansfield QC (for example) has to have been DV cleared in order to look at some of the evidence?

Edited to add: such speculation apart, obviously it's going to be someone from the establishment (I'd include Manfield, Chakravati et al in that), although ideally not someone whose close relatives have been named as being culpable.

A more fruitful area to put pressure on IMO is whether it's a proper public inquiry rather than a Hutton-style stitch up. So subpoenas, witnesses under oath etc.

Also, that it focus on child abuse rather than setting up the BBC and NHS for privatisation.

Last edited:
Subpoenas? Can't see them accepting that and anyway a couple who need one are in countries without extradition treaties. Admittedly one of those is doing a wonderful job as a peace envoy but.

Isn't Mansfield currently involved in Mark Duggan case?
That finished last week. Was only a two day hearing. Considering the fact that judges seem to be part of the problem, anyone who is a QC is also not above being part of the establishment.

Subpoenas? Can't see them accepting that and anyway a couple who need one are in countries without extradition treaties. Admittedly one of those is doing a wonderful job as a peace envoy but.
Is there an extradition treaty with Barbados?

Back
Top Bottom