Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hot upcoming gigs

Richard Thompson was excellent tonight, though odd gig as loads of guests - Ralph Mctell and Difford and Tilbrook among them..

Dave Mattacks was on drums and superb! Linda Thompson even made a brief appearance... albeit on backing vocals for one song..

Does anyone have any recommendations for Glastonbury?

I'm not particularly keen on guitar-heavy rock or heavy metal or punk, or hip-hop etc using the N-word and referring to women as bitches and hos, but pretty open-minded about almost everything else.

I'm not particularly keen on guitar-heavy rock or heavy metal or punk, or hip-hop etc using the N-word and referring to women as bitches and hos, but pretty open-minded about almost everything else.
The Streets

'Round here we say birds, not bitches'

(Only on the TV, I'm not going)

Judy and the Jerks are halfway through a tour, remaining dates are:
06/11 - Leeds
06/12 - London

If, like me, you've not heard 'em before, this is what they sound like:

Oh, and Ceremony are coming over here in June but they're just playing London and that Outbreak festival thing that I always think looks decent but then never get tickets for.

Judy and the Jerks are halfway through a tour, remaining dates are:
06/11 - Leeds
06/12 - London

If, like me, you've not heard 'em before, this is what they sound like:

touring with gimic too! some banging lineups, think its a good old 5 band bill in london and Leeds.

Oh, and Ceremony are coming over here in June but they're just playing London and that Outbreak festival thing that I always think looks decent but then never get tickets for.
the outbreak lineup looks banging every year but i can never justify the price (having just justified an abroad festival 🙃)

have booked tickets for the cats and cats and cats reunion show in august. hoping that more ppl turn up to the last show of theirs which i went to at the Exeter cavern where there can't have been more than 10 people including the support bands. it was the singers birthday too and potentially their penultimate ever show (until now!)

Went to see Nick Mason’s Saucerful of Secrets in York last night - absolutely amazing assault on the senses (& mushrooms helped too). As someone who loves pre-DSOTM Floyd, it was a dream set list. Special mention for Gary Kemp who was a surprisingly good fit for the material. Rivalled seeing Floyd at Wembley back in the day. My inner hippy is satiated for now 😎

IMG_5039.jpeg

Went to see Nick Mason’s Saucerful of Secrets in York last night - absolutely amazing assault on the senses (& mushrooms helped too). As someone who loves pre-DSOTM Floyd, it was a dream set list. Special mention for Gary Kemp who was a surprisingly good fit for the material. Rivalled seeing Floyd at Wembley back in the day. My inner hippy is satiated for now 😎

View attachment 428732
Based on this hearty recommendation, we've booked tickets for the Albert Hall on the 29th.

The thought of Gary Kemp playing with a Pink Floyd offshoot is an interesting one - glad to hear it works.

Can't wait (even though it may clash with an England match!).

What sort of music do you like? Dance music? Which genres? Guitar band music? Folk music? Name some bands you like??

View attachment 428732
my bro went to Nottingham last night and sent me the clip of the Syd bit. Which was nice.

Best pop thing on will be Jessie Ware.

Would also highly recommend LCD Soundsystem.

Last edited:
Jeffrey Lewis touring soon:
Thu Aug 29 -Hertford UK – Corn Exchange (tix link coming soon!)
Fri Aug 30 – Coventry UK – The Tin Music & Arts. Tix here!
Sun Sept 01 – Stockton-on-Tees UK – Georgian Theatre. Tix here!
Mon Sept 02 – York UK – The Crescent. Tix here!
Tue Sept 03- Stirling, Scotland UK – The Tolbooth. Tix here!
Wed Sept 04 – Birkenhead UK – Future Yard. Tix here!
Thu Sept 05 – Halifax UK – The Grayston Unity. Tix here!
Fri Sept 06 – Norwich UK – Norwich Arts Centre. Tix here!
Sat Sept 07 – Northampton UK – The Black Prince. Tix here!
Sun Sept 08 – Carmarthen UK – CWRW. Tix here!
Mon Sept 09 – Nottingham UK – The Old Cold Store. Tix here!
Tue Sept 10- Southampton UK – The Joiners Arms. Tix here!
Wed Sept 11 – Hastings UK – The Pig. Tix here!

Slightly random selection of places that, I respect him sacking off pretty much all the major cities in favour of Carmarthen and Stockton.

I've got a ticket going for the Breeders upstairs at the Troxy tomorrow night if anyone wants it. I saw them last night instead.. it's free!

I've got a ticket going for the Breeders upstairs at the Troxy tomorrow night if anyone wants it. I saw them last night instead.. it's free!
got offered a ticket by a pal for that show tomorrow but can't pass up the opportunity to watch England get wrecked by Slovenia

Back
Top Bottom