Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hot upcoming gigs

may 4th, Saul Adamscewski, Khabat Abbas, Midnight Mines and Major Trauma Sound System... a avant garden musical happening

Happy Mondays Rider was terrible.
Stereo MB's was best out all three when I see them last month.

Orbital tonight 27th Green n Brown album.

Seeing Helicon this week... bit of an experiment. And have just picked up a ticket for The Waeve next Friday off twickets (Woo Hoo..).

Cardiacs are playing Manchester. Hope to fuck it's the same guests/setlist, they did all my faves (Day Is Gone, Nurses Whispering Verses and Big Ship) and had Joanne Spratley guesting on one song, as well as Tiny from Ultrasound (remember them?) on Joining the Plankton and Mark Cawthra on Is This the Life?

I wish Sidi Bou Said would reform. Never saw them the first time around but got into them through the Cardiacs.

I'm off to see him in Mancs week after next, hopefully will be a cracker
I had heard he was touring and then I had 6 music on in the kitchen and without knowing who it was I just started dancing. £26 though....But Barry Adamson!!

My mates band is playing the same night elsewhere and a fiver....but I figured I will have plenty of opportunity to see them.

:weed:

The tribute band "Transmission" were fantastic - sound and vocals bang on. There was just one problem. They weren't Joy Division.

Booked a last minute ticket to see Arab Strap on a whim tonight and they were on good form. Even if they had printed the wrong set list :D

I only caught the end of the support act (7ebra), but liked what I heard so will give them a bit more of a listen.

So..... 25th Sept off to see The The, and now Orbital are playing on the 27th....

These are my two favorite musical things in the world still alive anyways
Just got tickets for The The at Brixton Academy. Already seeing them at Ally Pally.

Seeing Orbital and Leftfield at Dreamland in Sept too.

Going to this next week:
View attachment 423759
Not quite a gig in the traditional sense. Lying down encouraged. Silent audience expected. A ‘deep listening’.
Mr K said he saw you there :) He also told me about Krust's 'ambient' set, lol :thumbs:

I wish Sidi Bou Said would reform. Never saw them the first time around but got into them through the Cardiacs.
My first boyfriend was in one of their videos, fencing in drag as I recall.

Danny Brown last night was fucking awesome! Great set, great crowd (friendly and up for it), great sound, even the bar staff were having it. My 15yo was in hip hop heaven.

Barry Adamson is playing at one of my favourite venues in Bristol next Wednesday. I was pondering but I've just bought a ticket.
Meh! Not my cup of tea at all. Although I still enjoyed the atmosphere and the music was OK, mere indifference. The only song I liked was the one I heard on the radio.

Got a ticket for LCD Soundsystem at the Barrowlands on July 1st. Wasn't sure about it, as this will be my fifth time seeing them, but not much else on these days...

Got tickets to see Underworld at the Sydney Opera House on the 30th May and again on the 1st of June. Very excited.

Back
Top Bottom