Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The cost of gigs and festivals

This is me now.
And being in London lucky there's a lot of good little places where tickets are normally £20 to £30 and often under £20.
Lexington, Omeara, Lafayette, Water rats, Camden Assembly, Dublin Castle and my new fav West hampstead arts club being a few I like

Indeed. I went to a gig just last week at the Strongroom Bar in Shoreditch for £9 to see ÄTNA - probably my best gig of the year too.

Did it all through the DICE app. No Ticketmaster involved.

Indeed. I went to a gig just last week at the Strongroom Bar in Shoreditch for £9 to see ÄTNA - probably my best gig of the year too.

Did it all through the DICE app. No Ticketmaster involved.
My best so far was probably the goldborns at the Paddington railway club. Don't think they put many gigs on. Its tiny probably 50 people max. Pub prices and Paul Weller was in the audience.

Actually going to a gig on Wednesday, I think it's a small-ish venue , seeing The Long Ryders, supported by Morton Valance , all for £35 . It's at a place called 229, London. Bit of a vague address 🤔 apparently it's near Great Portland St.

Last edited:
Again, probably naive owing to the margins many bands have to work within now but if I was mega rich and famous I’d like to think making as much money as possible wasn’t entirely a motivating factor.
Would these be the same bands that are coining it in from endless merch, screwing the punter with VIP experiences, meet n greet stuff, not to mention selling their back catalogues for hundreds of millions.

Back
Top Bottom