Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hot upcoming gigs

African Head Charge are not playing near me. Closest is 60 miles away so will need to look at dates properly & make decision on where to travel too.

Just off to watch the Qow Trio with Spike Wells (former drummer with Tubby Hayes), Riley Stone Lonergon on Sax and Eddie Myer on bass :thumbs:

Gruff Rhys was pretty good - never been to any of his gigs before or Super Furry Animals.. so wasn't quite expecting the offbeat nature of it.. worth catching!

I'm going to a gig at the Camden Underworld this Saturday to see The Infernal Sea. I get free tickets as part of scheme for charities&nhs etc
It's an evening of Death Metal , one of the bands is called Necronautical :eek:
Well it'll all be over by 10 so we'll see :D

So far I've got tickets for Personal Trainer at the Electric Ballroom, Grace Jones at Crystal Palace Park, Damien Marley also at CP Park, The The at Ally Pally.

Few upcoming tours:
Leeds thrashers Pest Control are doing a headline tour in late Feb, think tickets are running quite low:

And then a tour with US tuffguy hardcore lot Drain in late March:

Distinctly non-tuff indiepoppers the Umbrellas are also touring in March:

And then US hardcore band Gel are touring later this year as well:

Ride have announced dates including one in Glasgow but it's in a venue I don't like which is also a ballache to get to from Edinburgh. Am torn because I've been listening to them intensely for the last year or so.

saw Los Campesinos and Martha both play their biggest shows last night. lovely to see smallish bands who've been doing it for years still pull a big and mixed crowd. shame abt the security at the troxy. saw one of em take a fidget toy from an autistic child whilst their parent was trying to explain what it was.

Slowdive were excellent! My only complaint is that it wasn't long enough... just under 90 mins!

Refreshingly unusual audience of Generation Xers and Zders.. :oldthumbsup:

I saw them in Brighton on Friday - yep, was superb. I went with my two 17 year olds - and it was funny to see loads of other Dad and teenager combos in the audience! We go and see bands quite a lot together - but normally they are the youngest by about 30 years..... not this time - fairly even split between first and second generation shoegazers :D

Few upcoming tours:
Leeds thrashers Pest Control are doing a headline tour in late Feb, think tickets are running quite low:

And then a tour with US tuffguy hardcore lot Drain in late March:

Well, I'm busy the night that Pest Control are headlining near me, and I think tickets may've sold out anyway, so I had been thinking "no worries, I can just see them with Drain next month anyway", but have now realised tickets have sold out for that gig as well. Which is... kind of annoying for me, nice for Pest Control if they can play two sold-out gigs in the same city a month apart though?

Shania Twain, Hyde Park but only if I can somehow blag it. Only really worth going in the Gold Circle (actually better than the more expensive Diamond enclosure) which is £220 plus whatever bullshit fees are added.

Anyone around Bath?

424976884_975232914215113_4879009486281265080_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom