Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hot upcoming gigs

We're HMHB any good? I'm making a trip to see them in Yorkshire in a couple of weeks as they never come to London :mad: :D

They were very good. Many classics. Personally I would've liked a bit more of the more recent stuff. And Nigel seemed a bit either under or over whelmed - maybe the venue - the O2 in Bristol is a cavernous shithole. He should write a song called Cavernous Shithole about it.

Banco De Gaia &amp; Sophie Barker (Zero 7) <br />London 10th March The Garage Early Bird a Tenner :thumbs:<br />Other dates too.

Tonight
[emoji45] Got my ticket but got Flu too.
Feeling rough n pissed off.

The wonderfully named Plague Vendor are playing a few shows in April including Guildford boiler rooms which is nowadays a local venue for me. Their first album was reminiscent of Dead kennedy's west coast 100mph hardcore but their new material has slowed down and is much more melodic/expansive. The few tracks I've heard off the new album sound really good. Worth checking out if you like your rock on the hard side.

It is the next General Echo night at the Victoria in Walthamstow next Wednesday, free dub. Then we do this!
uk-0617-816172-715518-front.jpg

Unfortunately there was no miracle. He was barely audible his voice was so weak. Mind you, he made absolutely no sense in the moments when he could be heard so I guess nothing was lost.

Was it the "Super Ape" show, Chris? I really wanted that to be good but figured it would be more like you described...

I think very sadly, that LSP has past the good times performance-wise. I caught him a few times maybe 10/15 years ago - Jazz cafe shows wwere great, but his set at Womad two years ago was abysmal, sounds as though a good few since were equally bad.

Manged to meet him at Womad mind for a few words :)

Yes, it was the Super Ape show Fozzie. I've always respected the guy, I mean he's a legendary figure in the reggae world but I wouldn't describe myself as a massive fan. I basically went with a friend who was desperate to see him. I suspected it wouldn't be great and so it proved to be.

Got tickets for Gary Clark jr at Manchester Ritz in June. Saw him in 2014 at Academy 3 in Manchester and it was one of the best I went to that year

doing faaaaamily stuff on Sunday, but thanks for the tag Numbers - let us know if hes any good!

Seriously thinking Im going to buy a ticket for Stevie Wonder doing Songs in the Key of Life this summer

Have my sis in laws 50th on Saturday, bro in laws 51st on Sunday and my b/day on Easter Monday so the whole weekend is a big family weekend... but would love to slip off for a few hours to see this.

I've got the kids Saturday to Monday :(

I might try and get to see Bob Andy on Friday as part of the International Ska Festival though.

The Orb (Live) - Adventures Beyond The Ultraworld
Electric Brixton, London
Friday, 29 Jul 2016 at 7:00 PM
:)

And Soon Hardfloor :cool:
Hardfloor [LIVE History of Acid set] Play Memory Box at Bussey Building

15 April 2016
22:00 - 05:00

Back
Top Bottom