Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hot upcoming gigs

I saw Sudakistan a few years ago they are pretty good, good party band.

There is no way I am getting involved with a band called "cabbage". what were they thinking.

Fab re Sudakistan, I like what I have heard. This is a surprise b'day gift for BF (actual gift is a WOMAD ticket). Will prob go to Cabbage as can't grumble for a fiver.

Damn, I wish I'd known Richmond Fontaine had to be finished by ten. Only missed five mins, but still...

Just listening to some of their stuff, the last album. It is pretty great, why did I have it in my head they were shit? I possible mixed them up with another "wolf" band.

I've not heard the last album yet, but apparently it's something of a new direction for them. Previously it was all white noise and screaming, which is great live but less easy to stomach on an album (IMO)

It sounds like something done in New York in the early 80s. not mindblowing but pretty good.

i thought they were a boring indie band, definitely got them mixed up with someone else.

Turns out I have a spare for the Long Ryders at Leeds Warehouse on friday. Drop me a PM if you are interested....you should be, they'll be ace

Longshot but does anyone want 2 x standing tickets to see Lush at the Roundhouse this Saturday. I unfortunately can't make it. They were £27.50 each but I'd accept £40 for the pair so they don't go to waste. They're physical tickets so would have to arrange pick up tomorrow or Friday in SE27 or nearby, or I can post recorded to someone tomorrow for Friday arrival.

May Kasahara do you want to come to Stick in the Wheel with me on 13th July? It's a Wednesday, and in Leytonstone (I think), but it's nearly the end of term :cool:

And anyone else obvs.

this looks good.

CiFj-3gWEAAEN85.jpg:large

I kind of pride myself having never gone, what makes it so awful?

Just becomes a sardine can once when they pack it to capacity, which is generally every weekend, and as such it's impossible to actually get your head down and get into the music. No matter where you are you are getting buffered around and there will be a chain of people trying to get past, just becomes a massive ball ache after a while.
In theory it is an awesome club and I would say go at least once. Despite all this I do have some good memories from there (You can't really go wrong with DJ EZ), but maybe avoid any big-name Grime or DnB nights.

Palehorse were amazing the other night, and they're splitting up at the end of this tour - Glasgow tonight and Leeds tomorrow. You should all go.

Back
Top Bottom