Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hot upcoming gigs

Bugger, SFA playing at the Leadmill on April 26, and I'm away with the bleeding in laws. Grrrr...

Last edited:
My first gig of the year coming up, Ezra Furman this Tuesday. Already posted on thread but I'm excited. First gigs, last gigs etc.

My first gig of the year coming up, Ezra Furman this Tuesday. Already posted on thread but I'm excited. First gigs, last gigs etc.
I'm just listening to Day of the Dog, trying to convince me sis she should come next Wednesday. I bought tix for me n mrs b the day after I saw him in Nottingham last year, i knew she'd never forgive me for not letting her join in with his immensely entertaining and enlivening performances.

I'm taking my partner, his brother and sister-in-law. All Xmas gifts from me! Never seen him but just know it's going to be amazing.

seem to have ended up playing on this, i don't have a clue what's going on but it will probably be unmissable:
Live Wife Volume 2 February 18th @ The Brixton Windmill featuring a three part orchestral opus led by the one and only Fats McCourt of Meatraffle, called The Fats Orchestra 3.0.
The band will be led by London's greatest, get there early.

The Night will be devided by 3 parts. Fats is the front man of all parts.

£3

<Main Musician/Person of the Night)
Fats McCourt (meatraffle)

8:45
Part 1 : Doom/Experimental Fats (30min)
Fats on Vocal/Dance (Meatraffle)
Tingle Lungfish on Guitar (Meatraffle)
Taishi Nagasaka on Bass (Fat White Family/Cosmic Onion)
Nathan Fabian Saoudi on Key/Synth (Fat White Family)
Chris OC on Drums/Synth (Phobophobes/Pit Ponies/Meatraffle)
Kenichi Iwasa on Drums/Trumpet (Xaviers)

9:30
Part 2 : Hard Rock/Punk Fats (30min)
Jerome Alexandrer on Guitar (Deadcuts)
Christo Mccracken on Guitar (Voudini, High Heels)
Dan Suplex on Bass (Atomic Suplex, General Echo, Sharp Right)
Melary Melary on Key/Synth (Madonnatron)
Iggor Cavalera on Drums (Mixhell/Sepultura)

10:15
part 3 : Fats in Space.....in (30min plus …..)
Lias Kaci Saoudi on Guitar (Fat White Family)
Lamik Daniel May on Guitar (Trashmouth Records)
Alexander Sebley on Bass (Piano Man)
Quinn Whalley on Key/Synth (Paranoid London)
Jack Everett on Drums (Warmduscher/Throbbin Williams)

Video/Poem between the sets
Clams Baker (Warmduscher/Paranoid London/Mutado Pintado)

Criticise and Advice Fats between the parts

anyway, this looks good next weekend in Brighton - by a twist of fate I happen to be there, but I dunno if I can go to the show.

This Is Not This Heat were amazing on Saturday. It sounds like they are announcing more dates soon.

I'd strongly suggest grabbing tickets immediately as the London nights sold out in 24 hours and I had to perform unspeakable acts to gain entry. :oops:

This Is Not This Heat were amazing on Saturday. It sounds like they are announcing more dates soon.

I'd strongly suggest grabbing tickets immediately as the London nights sold out in 24 hours and I had to perform unspeakable acts to gain entry. :oops:
Apparently Hayward did his solo piano thing before the show, what did you reckon to that?

So belboid you are at gig now? The Glee Club gig was superb, great sound quality and bloody beautifully bonkers.

My partner was very happy which made me buzz as it was a gift and we were there together. Looking forward to update from your gig.

I was sceptical but I really liked it - I think it included a bunch of Camberwell Now songs? Really quite affecting - and simple. Need to dig a bit into his stuff...
I had a listen to some of the solo stuff from the 80s after seeing his piano cycle last year, it's of it's time in a way This Heat aren't. Interesting, but not as compelling as any of his recent performances I've seen.

compare and contrast the studio version:

with the current live version:

Live Wife Volume 2 February 18th @ The Brixton Windmill featuring a three part orchestral opus led by the one and only Fats McCourt of Meatraffle, called The Fats Orchestra 3.0.
The band will be led by London's greatest, get there early.

The Night will be devided by 3 parts. Fats is the front man of all parts.

£3

<Main Musician/Person of the Night)
Fats McCourt (meatraffle)

8:45
Part 1 : Doom/Experimental Fats (30min)
Tingle Lungfish on Guitar (Meatraffle)
Taishi Nagasaka on Bass (Fat White Family/Cosmic Onion)
Nathan Fabian Saoudi on Key/Synth (Fat White Family)
Chris OC on Drums/Synth (Phobophobes/Pit Ponies/Meatraffle)
Kenichi Iwasa on Drums/Trumpet (Xaviers)

9:30
Part 2 : Hard Rock/Punk Fats (30min)
Jerome Alexandrer on Guitar (Deadcuts)
Christo Mccracken on Guitar (Voudini, High Heels)
Dan Suplex on Bass (Atomic Suplex, General Echo, Sharp Right)
Melary Melary on Key/Synth (Madonnatron)
Iggor Cavalera on Drums (Mixhell/Sepultura)

10:15
part 3 : Fats in Space.....in (30min plus …..)
Lias Kaci Saoudi on Guitar (Fat White Family)
Lamik Daniel May on Guitar (Trashmouth Records)
Alexander Sebley on Bass (Piano Man)
Quinn Whalley on Key/Synth (Paranoid London)
Jack Everett on Drums (Warmduscher/Throbbin Williams)

Video/Poem between the sets
Clams Baker (Warmduscher/Paranoid London/Mutado Pintado)

Criticise and Advice Fats between the parts
this was so great even if i say so myself... in a lunatics taking over the asylum way...

Going to Fat White Family at Academy 2 in Manchester next weekend. Not listened to any of their music but they have a really long thread on here so thought they must be worth seeing

Meatraffle & the Communist Homosexuals @ The Windmill, 20:00 Tonight Tuesday 23/2/2016
Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band 'The River Tour', Wembley Stadium Sunday 5/6/2016

Neil Young with Laura Marlin as support on Sunday 5th June in Glasgow. Hugely extravagant. Will be tied in with visit to family. That's my way of justifying the price.

Ernest Ranglin does a farewell tour this summer with a sick band: Tony Allen, Cheikh Lo, Soweto Kinch and Alex Wilson.

Barbican at end of June, on sale later this wk, cannot wait for this one!

Off to see Half Man Half Biscuit tomorrow, then Fat White Family on Monday.

No gigs for ages then loads come along at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom