Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hot upcoming gigs

Mrs Eejit has just bought tickets for Courtney Love, on tour in UK in May. I enjoy a bit of her raucous squawking. (Ms Love's not Mrs Eejit's.)

23 Skidoo are playing their 1982 album "Seven Songs" live to a confrontational video collage made by Richard Heslop at the BFI on Friday 4th April.
Followed by a DJ set from Don Letts in the benugo Bar.

Asian Dub Foundation are playing an Anti-Fracking benefit at Rollerdisco in Vauxhall on March 12th with support DJs including Mark Stewart and Gavin Turk. Vivienne Westwood will be a guest speaker. It's also the launch of two new beers by The Hop Fuzz Brewery: 'What The Frack?’ And ‘Fracking Hell’

Captain Sensible's birthday bash.

Tickets are at 70's prices (to the extent that the booking fees were more than the ticket).
Dammed, and other favorites.

Asian Dub Foundation are playing an Anti-Fracking benefit at Rollerdisco in Vauxhall on March 12th with support DJs including Mark Stewart and Gavin Turk. Vivienne Westwood will be a guest speaker. It's also the launch of two new beers by The Hop Fuzz Brewery: 'What The Frack?’ And ‘Fracking Hell’
FFS! Its not that I'm in favour of fracking, but honestly, that really has to be the most opportunistic gig I've ever seen. And as for the beer company, shame on you - frack off!

Look what's happening in my village
We are excited to announce, hot off the press, the headline act appearing at this years Lindfield Arts Festival is Toploader.

toploader1.jpg
Band member guitarist Dan Hipgrave a fellow Lindfield resident along with lead singer and pianist Joe, bassist Matt and drummer Rob will dazzle festival goers on Saturday 13th September with a concert on the common that will blow Lindfield away! The atmosphere is set to be electrifying as the village will see over 1,000 people gather to appreciate a local chart topping band. Supporting act Jimi Laren, a singer/songwriter, will kick off this exhilarating evening performing his new music including his recent EP ‘Take It All’.

Toploader will then wow the crowds and entertain the festival goers with a concert that will have everyone up and “dancing in the moonlight”.

Grab your opportunity to purchase early bird tickets now as we are selling the first 500 tickets for only £15

:D:D
This is not an ad - more of a warning.

Don't know how many times I have see one more time :D

The Orb LIVE at Electric Brixton, London

Saturday, 15 March 2014
A special 'All-Nighter'

Bomb the Bass
Banco de Gaia :cool:
Kris Needs
Aliji

10pm - 6am

Don't look like BTB are plying now :(

Not long long :D:):D

Times this Saturday
Main Room
22.00 - 23.00 - Aliji
23.00 - 00.30 - Banco de Gaia
00.30 - 02.30 - The Orb LIVE
02.30 - 04.15 - Rita Maia
04.15 - 06.00 - Gatto Fritto

Room 2 (hosted by FNOOB radio)
• Nomad Spectrum
• J-Box
• TheCity Slickerz
• Dub Bunnies
• Martyn Metadatadnb Lovell
• MR FNOOB + special guest

Look what's happening in my village
We are excited to announce, hot off the press, the headline act appearing at this years Lindfield Arts Festival is Toploader.

toploader1.jpg
Band member guitarist Dan Hipgrave a fellow Lindfield resident along with lead singer and pianist Joe, bassist Matt and drummer Rob will dazzle festival goers on Saturday 13th September with a concert on the common that will blow Lindfield away! The atmosphere is set to be electrifying as the village will see over 1,000 people gather to appreciate a local chart topping band. Supporting act Jimi Laren, a singer/songwriter, will kick off this exhilarating evening performing his new music including his recent EP ‘Take It All’.

Toploader will then wow the crowds and entertain the festival goers with a concert that will have everyone up and “dancing in the moonlight”.

Grab your opportunity to purchase early bird tickets now as we are selling the first 500 tickets for only £15

:D:D
This is not an ad - more of a warning.

That really is one that makes you think 'surely they're not still at it?':(

Dan Hipgrave's Mrs is Lindsay, Danny Baker's foil on his Sat morning R5 prog.
A Geordie, I quite like her.

I'm sooooo excited because Thee Oh Sees (my fave band atm) are playing at Jabberwockey festival in London in August!!! Just bought tickets for me and fella!!:D

Curtis Eller & the American Circus is on tour now!

Saw them last week at the Musician in Leicester with a couple of mates and 16yr old daughters and they were brilliantly unique and very entertaining!

Enjoy

Kate Bush tickets are mine! Will hopefully get to some more gigs in between now and then though.

I saw Bohren play last weekend. They were quietly spectacular.

I'm going to see Johnny Greenwood and the London Sinfonietta doing a programme of Steve Reich stuff in Manchester next month. Should be good. :)

There's still tickets available for the The Ex this coming Weds at XOYO in Shoreditch - guaranteed to be a killer gig!

I have tickets for Beach Violence at the Brixton Jamm tonight, supporting Alabama 3.

Listen to beach Violence Here https://soundcloud.com/beach-violence
and a link to the event http://www.brixtonjamm.org/event.php?event_id=569

They play at 7.15pm. I will be outside the venue with our remaining tickets from 6pm, official price £10 but discount if you message me. Beach Violence need to sell their tickets not to make a loss and I am helping them out.

Apologies if this counts as spam. I messaged a moderator but got no reply.

Massively excited about seeing Ben Frost on Saturday - playing stuff from his new album featuring Thor from Swans.

Tunes on youtube so far sound fantastic:

Back
Top Bottom