Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hot upcoming gigs

Enjoyed this even though it had to be inside , did anyone else get caught up in the farcical door policy ? i was inside for an hour then went outside for a breather and then found myself at the back of another long queue just to be readmitted even with a stamp and they were still taking money at the door from late arrivals .
that said i didnt get stuck in the queue for re-entry in which case id be fuming id imagine

that said i didnt get stuck in the queue for re-entry in which case id be fuming id imagine

the queue for re admittance was over half an hour , not so good when you have already paid , not a major , was a good gig and as you say the sweatbox feel is fine . i only stayed until about 6 , I went to see Emmylou Harris at the Barbican which was very disappointing sadly , very dull . that`s what you get for going to a gig where you have to sit down I suppose .

the queue for re admittance was over half an hour , not so good when you have already paid , not a major , was a good gig and as you say the sweatbox feel is fine . i only stayed until about 6 , I went to see Emmylou Harris at the Barbican which was very disappointing sadly , very dull . that`s what you get for going to a gig where you have to sit down I suppose .
thats a big gear change from sweating it out to 10k of bline to an evening with emmylou harris!

Is anyone going to see jurassic 5 at brixton on the 21st?

I got a ticket with the intention of going with some people who have since decided to sell their tickets

I've just bought tickets for Portishead on the 18th July. Only waited 20 years to see them!
Absolutely brilliant live both times I've seen them. Even better than the records. At Glastonbury they were so good that I happily stood in what was essentially a two foot deep ditch while the rain got more and more torrential. Still an incredible gig.

Next Sat is Cafe Oto time, with Zaimph (Marcia Bassett), Annihilating Light (Heather Leigh and Stefan Jaworzyn), Poulomi Desai and Lorah Pierre - http://www.cafeoto.co.uk/zaimph-heather-leigh-stefan-jaworzyn-poulomi-desai-lorah-pierre.shtm Stefan's whipping his guitar out for the occasion, and it'll be the first time I've seen Marcia Bassett.

Have also seen Fozzie Bear's Arkestra business - & am going along to at least one of those.

(BTW, did anyone here see Loop/Godflesh at Heaven earlier this week? Was v impressed by Loop, but missed Godflesh due to, er, meeting a friend of mine from Greece for a drink. Sorry Justin and Benny).

I saw Zaimph at OTO a while back. I fell asleep :oops:

Oh no! Was that out of tiredness, or boredom? You've just reminded me of the time I went to see an Indian classical music night at the Proms (this was in the mid 90's), and one of the acts was so so soothing (3 vocals line-up, plus tamburas and harmoniums), that I dozed off too, and then woke up when they were getting into a more energetic part at the end. The mates I was with laughed at me for sleeping through it, but I like to think that I was, er, getting into the spirit of the music :oops:

oh, I'm going to a gig next week that's almost certainly landing a Oto a day or so after - Steve Noble and Asif Tsahar. Looks very serious. I expect there'll be three of us in the audience.

I'm off to see Edwyn Collins a week on Tuesday, and then the Heritage Orchestra conducted by Goldie doing Timeless the following Saturday. Usually Meltdown festival clashes with Glastonbury so I never get to see anything at it. But this year it doesn't :cool:

And then I'm off to Glastonbury :D

oh, I'm going to a gig next week that's almost certainly landing a Oto a day or so after - Steve Noble and Asif Tsahar. Looks very serious. I expect there'll be three of us in the audience.

Wednesday in London - when is yours? I have conflicting things to go to... be good to get some on the ground reportage....

Atomic Suplex and Guitar Wolf again!
7tyhEpW.png

...also i am putting on this gig. La Secte Du Futur, a new band with members of J.C Satan and Catholic Spray, in the new genre that I invented Garage Doom. i also designed the amazing flyer.

LeKHM7r.jpg

i loved how effortless he seemed. He barely broke a sweat through the whole show, and the drumming was just mindblowing. Lovely guys too. :)

Back
Top Bottom