Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hot upcoming gigs

ooh, just seen Mogwai are playing at Magna in October. Terrible venue, but they could look good there

TBH autumn has far too many good gigs for me to go to all of them.

Mogwai, Forest Sword, Mugstar & Clinic DJs at the camp & furnace in Liverpool 24th Oct looks intense.
Earthless at the Brudenell, 8th November
Did you ever get around to seeing Vatican Shadow? They're on next Sunday in Shipley(!)

Will it get to dancing levels or is it more about just nodding and looking moody?

Also, you go to Brudenell often? It's close to me (15 minutes walk). We should have a pint sometime.

i saw Vatican shadow last year and thought he was a bit shit tbh - he did play really hard though, definitely take your dancing shoes if you go... I've been meaning to go to that golden cabinet night for a while though, it looks ace.

never been to the brudenell yet, but think I'm definitely coming over for earthless. Will give you a shout closer to the time. :)

Fucking hell, pissed jeans played last night, deafheaven are playing tomorrow. Peeved I didn't notice last night's gig, I'd have well gone for that...

go and see jeffrey lewis, who is touring the uk and ireland atm

Tues Aug 19 - Dundee, Scotland UK - Kage Nightclub (St. Andrews Lane, DD1 2EY) Tix available here.

Wed Aug 20 - Aberdeen, Scotland UK - Moorings Bar (2 Trinity Quay, AB25 2SH) Tix available here.

Thurs Aug 21 - Edinburgh, Scotland UK - Jeffrey Lewis & The Jrams at Electric Circus (Fringe Festival)! (36-39 Market Street, EH1 1DF) Tix available here.

Fri Aug 22 - Stirling, Scotland UK - Jeffrey Lewis & The Jrams at Doune the Rabbit Hole festival! (Cardross Estate, Port of Menteith, Stirling FK8 3JY, UK)

Sat Aug 23 - Manchester UK - The Deaf Institute (135 Grosvenor Street, M1 7HE) (w/ Seth Faergolzia). Tix available here.

Sun Aug 24 - Cork, Ireland - Crane Lane Theatre (afternoon show)

Mon Aug 25 - Dublin, Ireland - The Grand Social

Tues Aug 26 - CANCELLED (sorry... venue seems to have had a problem w/music license or something... we're seeking a replacement gig) West Cork, Ireland - Connollys of Leap- CANCELLED

Wed Aug 27 - Galway, Ireland - Roisin Dubh

Thurs Aug 28 - Belfast, North of Ireland - McHugh's (29-31 Queen's Square, BT1 3FG)

Fri Aug 29 - Derry, North of Ireland - Sandino's (Water St, Londonderry, BT48 6BQ)

the only gig going on this weekend in london (that is of interest to me) appears to be Ravioli Me Away/The Rebel/The Homosexuals at power lunches... it's a good one tho

benefit for London Antifascists

[URL='https://www.facebook.com/events/calendar/2014/September/13']Saturday, September 13
at 8:00pm

The Victoria, 451 Queensbridge road, E8 3AS

£5

ZIPLOCK - Norwich Punk
JAKAL - London Hardcore/Dub
BRÜNNER TODESMARCH - Czech Hardcore Punk
EVIDENCE SMRTI - Czech Hardcore Punk

Entry 5 pounds on the door.

Nearest station is Dalston Junction (Overground).

**The organisers of this event will not tolerate any homophobic, racist, sexist or trans*phobic behaviour.
We aim for this event to be safe and comfortable for everyone. If you feel unsafe e.g. experience abuse, assault, bullying or harassment at our event, please notify someone at the door and we will try to deal with it appropriately.**[/URL]

But

"Drawing on a Nordic aesthetic, Oslo marks a significant new arrival in the dynamic and burgeoning area of Hackney Central"

:oops:

yeah, but the c/t/v album was one of the best of 2012. Don't give a shit about the hipness of the venue.

that's good to know. They were very boring when I saw them do "Desertshore" a few years back. Reckon I might swing by if I can persuade some mates.

did you not listen to transverse? seriously, get on it. It's brilliant.

Good lord no. I stopped buying this stuff in the mid 90s. ;)

I'll go and see it live and hopefully be smacked in the face by its brilliance and freshness (to me). And then order the cassette of it from Our Price records or something.

I've got tickets for the Monday C/T/V show - looking forward to it.... Also coming up:

Mark Fell and Keith Fullerton Whitman at Oto on 31st October.
Part Chimp and Hey Collosus at the Exchange in Bristol on the 3rd.
Stephen O Malley and Bohren and der Club of Gore at St. Johns on 8th November.

Debating whether to go and see Buzzo from the Melvins playing solo at this Oslo place... can't quite decide on that one - also some pals trying to persuade me to go to Congo Natty, Mungo's Hi-Fi, Dillinja and Mala at the Forum some time in October. Sounds good but pricey and late finishing...

He's probably never heard of you either.
Is there any reason he should have?
I assume he is fairly famous if he can be known by his surname alone and not be confused with a band that was widely known as carter. I however, have never heard of him in any way shape or form. Probably says more about me than him, but the reason above is why I mentioned it, he has no reason to have heard of nobody from the internet.

Good lord no. I stopped buying this stuff in the mid 90s. ;)

I'll go and see it live and hopefully be smacked in the face by its brilliance and freshness (to me). And then order the cassette of it from Our Price records or something.
I think this is a new collab rather than a performance of the last one. Do listen though - it sounds like krautrocky techno to my ears rather than the more downbeat stuff they did on desertshore (although the final report disk that came with the desertshore album isn't a thousand miles away)

Back
Top Bottom