Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hot upcoming gigs

So when I bought Goat tickets for Bristol I thought they might come to Brum and so they are at www.nothyself.co.uk which I managed to get tickets for. I will still go to Bristol gig too as will be catching up with friends.

interesting?
image.php

Goat gig last night was freaking amazing..it has actually made me more want to drive 100 miles to see them again tomorrow.

Kaka Tim said:
the who - inevitably minus god's own rhythm section of moon and entwistle - are on tour in December. Ive just shelled out £80 (£8 booking fee!) for a ticket. I know - i know. But they are probably my favourite ever band, I've never seen them live and this could be the last ever chance. Nearly went to see them on the quadrophenia tour a few years ago but the price was even higher, i was more skint and didn't know if it would bre worth it - but apparently they were very good.

At the first direct arena in leeds. Should be a good sound - but its an all seater venue. :(:mad:

I want to see them before they finally turn it in, too.

I saw Gavin Butt do a talk on "postpunk in Leeds" and he was very good. Kodwo Eshun is always great too.

Got a lot of time for Tom Vague but not sure if he is a decent talker or not. Mixed feelings about the rest.
i get the impression the emphasis will be on the visual rather than the music.....

Lee Scratch Perry on @ the Brudenell, Sunday 30th Nov (£18)

Submotion Orchestra @ the Brudenell, Saturday 6th December (£12.50)

Not a bad week. Think I might go to both :cool:

Lee Scratch Perry on @ the Brudenell, Sunday 30th Nov (£18)

Submotion Orchestra @ the Brudenell, Saturday 6th December (£12.50)

Not a bad week. Think I might go to both :cool:
LSP can be a bit of a shit gig - see upsetter thread for details of what to expect

I saw him at the Ocean in Hackney years ago. He was great in an eccentric/whatthefuckishelike kind of way. :D

Yeah I was at that.

I remember you there now, you were the tall fella who stamped on my toe! :mad:

:D

that could also have been me, tbf. :) Except I was upstairs.

It wasn't a great Lee Perry gig, to my mind, but the other stuff on (Mark Iration & Zion Train selecting, Mad Prof and Scientist doing live dub) was wicked.

It wasn't a great Lee Perry gig, to my mind, but the other stuff on (Mark Iration & Zion Train selecting, Mad Prof and Scientist doing live dub) was wicked.

Yeah to be honest my memory is a little hazy/non specific so saying it was great does include everything on that evening. :)

Small world!

is sub dub iration steppas or not? if it is then they would absolutely destroy those other 3 without breaking sweat ha. I guess it can't be tho.
indeed

THE LINE-UP
2020 Vision (Ralph Lawson, Tristan Da Cunha, PBR Streetgang, Special Guests)
vs.
Brotherhood Sound System (Silas & Snare Surgeon, Titan, Chimpo & MC Fox, Special Guests)
vs.
Nightmares on Wax (DJ E.A.S.E., Kevin 'Boywonder' Harper, Ricky Ranking, LSK)
vs.
Subdub (Iration Steppas Sound System ft YT, Daddy Freddy, Blackout Ja)

also clashes in bristol, birmingham and london http://www.redbull.com/uk/en/music/...lture-clash-leeds-birmingham-bristol-red-bull

Back
Top Bottom