Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hot upcoming gigs

shame its at the Forum... I think that stage is too big for this. I was at the Blackstar gig at the Forum and it didnt do anything for me

Yeah, you have to be pretty close to the front at The Forum for hip-hop gigs.

Pharoahe Monch is playing in Brixton the NIGHT BEFORE this - I smell a special guest... :D :D :D

I'd strongly recommend the Europium Alluminate mix she did with Andy Votel (her husband) - can't find any live links, but if you still do soulseek I believe it may be there...

you're not going to this are you Reverend M?
10351143_10154780920970158_1623942972129068668_n.jpg

my one man boycott of Basslaced is still on though, so not even tempted (grits teeth)

studio spaces e1 - anyone know it?

absolutely hammering the gigs this next week. probably a bit much tbh, but lets see...

tonigh - necro deathmort and a load of doomy bands in salford
monday - philip motherfucking glass
next friday - Subhumans!!
next saturday - lykke li (w/ dubversion & Chip Barm )
next sunday - King Champion Sounds
wednesday week - Tim Hecker at the camp and furnace

small tour from Hammell On Trial coming up next year. A measly four dates, celebrating the, uhh, 14th anniversary of Choochtown.

Godspeed You Black Emporer are touring in april.
Friday night in Manchester, Saturday in Dublin, Monday night in London........ It'd be easiest for me to see them in London, but its a monday and Ill have to go to work tuesday! Manchester is expensive and a bastard for me to get to. Dublin on the other hand is only £60 return for me, so I might have a weekend away in dublin.

Allthough Ive got a weekend away raving the weekend after that :hmm:

I saw them back in the summer. Himeno just had a bass drum, a snare and symbols. And she barely touched the snare. Masoko's guitar was mostly slung round her back while she electronified the sound. I like it. It's quite beautiful. Probably prefer the wilder and woolier early stuff though.

yeah, we probably caught them on the same tour. I liked it well enough, but they were fucking brainmelting when they toured Mirrorball. It seemed so restrained in comparison.

Back
Top Bottom