Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hot upcoming gigs

Saw Philip Glass on Sat, thought i'd like it, cos he was a contemporary of Michael Nyman whom I adore! But Nah!
Very sadly did not see necro deathmort who I am in love with as no money and very hungover from previous night.

Saw Philip Glass on Sat, thought i'd like it, cos he was a contemporary of Michael Nyman whom I adore! But Nah!
Very sadly did not see necro deathmort who I am in love with as no money and very hungover from previous night.
Hah, I saw Philip glass and necro deathmort. Our gig schedule is clearly synchronising... Are you seeing king champion sounds or the subhumans next week? :hmm:

Barrence Whitfield and the Savages here in Swansea's Garage this coming Wednesday. They're going to be fucking brilliant! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Last night was their first night of the their UK tour -- straight in from the US. And yes, they were absolutely amazing! :cool:

Barrence has a voice you have to witness to appreciate ....

Anyone at a loose end in Newcastle ( :confused: :eek: :hmm: :( ) tonight, or wherever else they get to later on, DO NOT MISS!! Fabulous :)

if you get a chance to see Hank Wood & the Hammerhead on tour then take it, they were great this saturday. i can't find tour dates but i think they are playing in the UK more over the next month.

Hah, I saw Philip glass and necro deathmort. Our gig schedule is clearly synchronising... Are you seeing king champion sounds or the subhumans next week? :hmm:

No I'm not, never got subhuman and don't know king champion sounds, although they sound ok, not grabbed me so far. Really want to see palehorse in brum in Dec but got an all nighters deep house night the previous night so not gonna happen!

Just bought tickets for the Jesus and Mary Chain.

On an O2 nostalgia tour unfortunately but fuck it, they're playing the best album ever.

Last night was their first night of the their UK tour -- straight in from the US. And yes, they were absolutely amazing! :cool:

Barrence has a voice you have to witness to appreciate ....

Anyone at a loose end in Newcastle ( :confused: :eek: :hmm: :( ) tonight, or wherever else they get to later on, DO NOT MISS!! Fabulous :)

Thanks. Was thinking of getting tickets for the Bristol gig. It's a Monday night but will think again now.

Not quite sure. I think that two singer, one screaming one shouting set up just makes me think of linkin park or something. The music seemed a bit hardcore by numbers too. I might just have been in a bad mood, mind - I saw part chimp later that evening and struggled to get into them too, whereas they were amazing when I saw them the other week...

hank wood and the hammerheads are playing again, leeds 6th december, at the meatlocker (?). highly recommended, they probably wont play in europe again. check out album "go home" on youtube it is hit after hit... if you are into reatards-style garage/hardcore punk anyway.

Right - King Champion Sounds were fucking amazing tonight - they're playing Bath tomorrow and London on Tuesday. YOU MUST GO.

The support here was a band with a couple of ex members of chumbawamba - i wasn't a fan of chumbawamba, but these guys were great. (they're called interrobang)

small Julian Cope tour coming up, to promote his Trip Adviser compilation

Saturday January 24th
CARDIFF - THE GLOBE
http://globe.gigantic.com/julian-cope/the-globe-cardiff/2015-01-24-19-30

Sunday January 25th
BIRMINGHAM - THE GLEE CLUB
Tel: 0871 472 0400
www.glee.co.uk/birmingham-music

Thursday January 29th
LONDON - THE VILLAGE UNDERGROUND
http://www.villageunderground.co.uk/events/julian-cope

Sunday February 1st
BRISTOL - THE FLEECE
https://www.gigantic.com/julian-cope/fleece/2015-02-01-19-30

Thursday February 5th
LIVERPOOL - EPSTEIN THEATRE
Tel: 0844 889 9991
http://www.seetickets.com/event/julian-cope/epstein-theatre/830173

Friday February 6th
LEEDS - THE BRUDENELL
http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/event/151703

I was very tempted by The Cure tickets but it was too much faff with travel not to mention money so close to xmas. I have just bought Jesus & Mary Chain 'Psychocandy' tickets which also resolved what to get my BF as his xmas ticket.

I was very tempted by The Cure tickets but it was too much faff with travel not to mention money so close to xmas. I have just bought Jesus & Mary Chain 'Psychocandy' tickets which also resolved what to get my BF as his xmas ticket.
I'd like to go to both of those too but have the same pre-Xmas dosh problems. The Cure are guaranteed to be good - I regretted not going to the Reading Festival one that they showed on TV recently as they sounded pretty much as good as I've ever heard them. Whereas I'd love to see JAMC do 'Psychocandy' justice I'm a bit :hmm: about it - I watched a gig at a European festival on Youtube since they've reformed and they really did look like they were just going through the motions. Mind you it looked like it was in the middle of the afternoon on a lovely sunny day and that can't ever be right with them. I hope they're on better form the night you go. Get em on a good night and they're something else. I saw them at Brixton Academy around the time of 'Automatic' and they blew me away.

Hmm. I'm tempted nonetheless. They're on in Bristol. And they are JAMC. And they're doing 'Psychocandy'. Hmmmm.

I'd like to go to both of those too but have the same pre-Xmas dosh problems. The Cure are guaranteed to be good - I regretted not going to the Reading Festival one that they showed on TV recently as they sounded pretty much as good as I've ever heard them. Whereas I'd love to see JAMC do 'Psychocandy' justice I'm a bit :hmm: about it - I watched a gig at a European festival on Youtube since they've reformed and they really did look like they were just going through the motions. Mind you it looked like it was in the middle of the afternoon on a lovely sunny day and that can't ever be right with them. I hope they're on better form the night you go. Get em on a good night and they're something else. I saw them at Brixton Academy around the time of 'Automatic' and they blew me away.

Hmm. I'm tempted nonetheless. They're on in Bristol. And they are JAMC. And they're doing 'Psychocandy'. Hmmmm.
this recent video sounds good

you're not going to this are you Reverend M?

my one man boycott of Basslaced is still on though, so not even tempted (grits teeth)

studio spaces e1 - anyone know it?

Heh, no not going to this one as I'll be at the same venue the following night to see Luke Vibert, Plaid, Special Request and more :cool:

Also, I'm not a big fan of B2B sets - too often gets in the way of a good flow!

Saw ...Trail of Dead play 'Source Tags and Codes' in it's entirety last night - AMAZING! :D

Tickets bought recently...

GY!BE @ The Empire, London AND The Albert Hall, Manchester
The Cure @ The Apollo
Cut Chemist & DJ Shadow @ The Forum
Die Antwoord @ Brixton Academy

:cool:

Back
Top Bottom