Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hot upcoming gigs

Is there any reason he should have?
I assume he is fairly famous if he can be known by his surname alone and not be confused with a band that was widely known as carter. I however, have never heard of him in any way shape or form. Probably says more about me than him, but the reason above is why I mentioned it, he has no reason to have heard of nobody from the internet.

Chris Carter (as he generally known) was in Throbbing Gristle, if that helps.

I don't think he is widely known as "Carter" outside of his surname being used in collabs like Carter-Tutti-Void.

He is a different Chris Carter from the one who did the music for the X-Files.

He very kindly allowed me to take a photo of him once :oops:

CCarter.jpg

no-one has given the slightest shit about carter USM since about 1996. carter/tutti/void was one of the best albums of 2012, and was much talked about here and elsewhere. It's not unreasonable to assume people won't mistake one for the other.

no-one has given the slightest shit about carter USM since about 1996. carter/tutti/void was one of the best albums of 2012, and was much talked about here and elsewhere. It's not unreasonable to assume people won't mistake one for the other.

Seems like a few people on here went to the Carter USM reunion gig a couple of years back. (Including at least one moderator!!!!!!) :p

But I agree that there is usually little overlap between their fan bases.

See also: Ron Carter (bassist with Alice Coltrane) Derrick Carter (who "went mad" and has more of a claim to have invented techno than Genesis P-Orridge)

Chris Carter (as he generally known) was in Throbbing Gristle, if that helps.

I don't think he is widely known as "Carter" outside of his surname being used in collabs like Carter-Tutti-Void.

He is a different Chris Carter from the one who did the music for the X-Files.

He very kindly allowed me to take a photo of him once :oops:

CCarter.jpg
Ah, throbbing gristle I know, and am far more keen on than carter USM (which is not saying much). Still doesn't change the fact I don't know his name.

Ringo Deathstarr...tonight at Leeds Brudenell and it's free.

Fuck my dodgy knee and inability to get there.

got a few mcr gigs coming up

The Fall...Lower Kersal Social Club - 27th Sept
Future of the Left...Roadhouse - 5th Oct
Left Lane Cruiser...Night n Day - 14th Oct
Amazing Snakeheads...Sound Control - 15th Oct
Girl Band...Night n Day - 17th Oct
Jesus and Mary Chain...Academy - 20th Nov
The Wytches...Deaf Institute - 28th Nov

Hookworms at the Dome, Tufnell Park
Peaking Lights at Plan B, Brixton

Unfortunately - for me at least - they're both playing on Tuesday 28th October :mad: so I'll be going to Hookworms as I haven't seen them before and I live real close to the venue too.

Hookworms at the Queens Social, Sheffield

& Throwing Muses with Tanya Donelly supporting, I've only just noticed

Hookworms at the Dome, Tufnell Park
Peaking Lights at Plan B, Brixton

Unfortunately - for me at least - they're both playing on Tuesday 28th October :mad: so I'll be going to Hookworms as I haven't seen them before and I live real close to the venue too.

In my excitement at seeing the Hookworms show advertised I rushed to buy a ticket - then realised I'll be out of the country. Don't suppose you fancy buying my ticket? Cheeky cheeky I know - but you can have if for less than the asking price!

Two good jungle and DNB nights coming up at JAMM in Brixton

Nicky Blackmarket, Brockie, Marvellous Cain, Devious D, Digital Niyah Binghi + Many More
Jungle Splash End of Summer AllDayer
Buy Tickets
When: Sunday 21st September
Music: Jungle, Bass, Garage, Dub, Reggae
1:00pm - 2:00am
£6/8 Adv - Over 18's Only ID Required
Wow, this is huge. Nearly overcome at the enormity of listing so much quality in one line up, we can't effuse enough how awesome this night will be.
We Love Jungle is back for over 12 hours of music across two rooms at the Jungle Splash end of Summer Alldayer. And as is the norm they've booked a stellar line up of quality jungle, bass, dub, garage, roots, reggae, and DnB for a rave that will be otherworldly in quality.
The most well known DJ in Drum and Bass, Nicky Black Market, is back for another show stealing set. He's been rocking some of the best venues around the world for the past two decades playing only the heaviest DnB, seeing him play is an experience in itself.
Marvelous Cain (another stalwart jungle legend) will be back to drop some ragga anthems. As a top class DJ and producer, Cain has been keeping international audiences happy since '93.
DJ Brockie, owner of Octave recordings, will be smashing out a massive jungle set. As the man behind the infamous Kool FM 94, you know he'll bring the noise.
Prodigy tour DJ Devious D will be heading up the rest of Room One with Digital Niyah Binghi, Mad Ash, Junior Buzz, Daddy Nature, Merrix and Junior Buzz.
And the infamous Ragga Twins will be on MC duty with Jnr Dangerous, Dr Vibes, Virgo Don, Bomber, Rude Boy Keith, and Deany Rankin.
Room Two is another party all together. D.S.U.B (Dirty Sexy Urban Beats) are well experienced in throwing epic bassline and old skool influenced parties. So with a line up of Junior Buzz (D.S.U.B), Move The House (Entice Records), Dr Roberts (Dog House), and LoskiBoy it's going to be a large one.
Also representing in Room 2 is Asbo Records and a crew who've been delivering quality dance floor filling drum and bass for the last three years, and Dubtastic Music, tastemakers in the freshest bass rhythms.
The Line up:
JUNGLE SPLASH - ARENA 1 ★★JUNGLE/JUNGLE DUB★★
Nicky Black Market
Brockie
Marvellous Cain
Devious D ( Prodigy Tour DJ)
Digital Niyah Binghi
Mad Ash
Junior Buzz
Daddy Nature
Merrix
Jamie G
MCs - Ragga Twins, Jnr Dangerous, Dr Vibes, Virgo Don, Bomber, Rude Boy Keith, Deany Rankin
★★ ★★ ★★ ★★ ★★ ★★ ★★ ★★ ★★ ★★ ★
ARENA 2 ★★BASS/GARAGE/DUB/REGGAE/DANCEHALL/JUNGLE/DnB★★
D.S.U.B (Dirty Sexy Urban Beats)
Junior Buzz (BassClinique/D.S.U.B)
Move The House (Entice Records)
Dr Roberts (Dog House)
Host - LoskiBoy
★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★
DUBTASTC MUSIC
SubJect 13 (Vibez/ Pauze Recordings)
Bill Reaction (DubTastic Music)
NFinnerty (DubTastic Music)
Sammy 2 Dex (Flex FM)
Mr Chris (Reggae Dancehall vibes)
Roots Dub/Reggae/Dancehall
★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★
ASBO RECORDS
Pressure X (Asbo Recs / Kool London)
Diamond Geezer (Asbo Recs / Dread Rec's)
Daffy (Asbo /Big Budda Beats)
G Money (Asbo Old Skool Set )
MCs - Rassterlin, Boxer Banton, Bluzie

AND

Fabio, Grooverider, Randall, Jumpin Jack Frost, Ray Keith + Many More
Shut That Sh*t Down
Buy Tickets
When: Saturday 18th October
Music: Drum & Bass, Bass Music, Jungle
10:00pm - 6:00am
£10 Advance Over 18s only, ID required
The true legends of drum n' bass come together once again for another slamming night delivered the way only Shut That Sh*t Down knows how. A new golden age of d n' b is underway, and these original pioneers are, as always, at the cutting edge of it.
And for the first time at Brixton Jamm, we roll out the drum n' bass into room 2, with an on point selection of the finest rising talent on the London scene.
This will be our biggest party of the autumn season, and we're hoping it will be yours too. Make sure you join us.
The Line up:
Room 1
Fabio
Grooverider
Randall
Jumpin' Jack Frost
Ray Keith
Bryan Gee
Rob Smiley
Candon Rush
Hosted by MC Moose and Treble Clef

Room 2
Cold Fusion
Dexta
Philth
Wordofmouth
Prospect
Kred & Handy
Dauji

I saw Ghost of the Sabre Toothed Tiger last week who were really good. Next Thursday I'm seeing Sid Arthur and then Kate Bush on the Saturday.

Then

Goat on Oct 2nd.
BBC Radiophonics on Oct 15th.
Warpaint on Dec 5th.

Just need one for November and that will probably be me done for the year.

went to see gruff rhys at the rncm last night touring his american interior album. wasn't a normal gig it was seated in a theatre which meant the whole row had to stand up every time someone wanted a drink/piss. also started with a 10 minute documentary and was interspersed with him explaining the story with a slideshow. not nearly as wanky as it sounds actually. overall was very enjoyable but would have been better standing in the academy and closing with man dont give a fuck.

Carter / Tutti / Void - Transverse II - september in Hackney. Wish I could go to this...

http://www.oslohackney.com/events/carter-tutti-void/

Oooh this was a bit good last night - a lot of hangin' about thinking why am I here in this Hackney bar on a Monday night with nobody here except the Quietus DJs playing some ok records when I could be at home lying on the sofa after a knackering day at work - but then when C/T/V eventually came on at about 10 it was blindingly good and all worth it. Top stuff!

Oooh this was a bit good last night - a lot of hangin' about thinking why am I here in this Hackney bar on a Monday night with nobody here except the Quietus DJs playing some ok records when I could be at home lying on the sofa after a knackering day at work - but then when C/T/V eventually came on at about 10 it was blindingly good and all worth it. Top stuff!

Nice one. I've got a ticket for tonight but am running a fever today and am off work. We'll see what happens later :)

I believe it's the same support act tonight, I'd advise not turning up too early - I think it's the same support act tonight, Ellll, and this time could be used for further resting! Good luck!

Run the Jewels...11th December...Manchester Gorilla

12th December at Koko for you London types :)

And Fat White Family for me tonight.

I believe it's the same support act tonight, I'd advise not turning up too early - I think it's the same support act tonight, Ellll, and this time could be used for further resting! Good luck!

Yeah I caught the last ten minutes of Ellll and she just seemed to be doing okish minimal techno from a laptop.

Carter Tutti Void were pretty great, occasionally brilliant even. Really glad I went. Nice too see them confident enough to just do the sonics without any extraneous dicking about bar some very minimal projections.

I got a bus straight away outside and was home by 11:15 :cool: and feel a bit better today, so perhaps the gig had medicinal properties too.

Well was Nick Cave tonight for me :cool: :D Then in the next couple of months:

Next Friday: The Fall

November is Bob Mould, Liars and Carter USM

Just agreed to go and see Sinead Harnett at Birthdays on 21st October as Mrs R is a bit obsessed at the mo.

Back
Top Bottom