Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hot upcoming gigs

Just got a ticket for A Winged Victory for the Sullen at the Barbican in October.

TBH I find this whole thing of buying tickets 6 months+ in advance quite irritating, but there you go.

A couple of things on the radar for me:

Club Integral at The Grosvenor Stockwell on 16 May: Dave Ross and Clive Bell, plus Lullula, The Windsors and Lepke B
At Cafe Oto in Dalston on 23 May: Thurston Moore/John Edwards/Alex Neilson Trio
Also at Oto on 24 May: Reines D'Angleterre. plus Nicola Ratti and Human Heads
On 27 May at Brixton Electric - Swans (my chance to be shouted at again by Michael Gira lol)
On 21 June at Elektrowerkz in Angel - Chrome (Helios Creed and Co here)

Oh my god, just been to the best gig ever, moved me to tears and had what felt like a truly transcendental moment.
It was Michael Nyman and his band at the Colston Hall! So beautiful to see musicians loving to play...will post some up when I can work out how to do it by phone...​

Bought ticket to Moseley Folk on the Friday night with Johnny Marr & Thurston Moore headlining..this is also my BFs birthday present. Aiming to see wooden Shjips in Brum on June 16th but need to wait till payday again but it should be OK.

Just noticed that Cerebral Ballzy are supporting Fucked Up on their forthcoming tour, along with Lower from Denmark. Good line up for £15.

Really want to go to that. the Lineup is immense.

Yeah, it's great, isn't it? You should defo try to make it along, if you can :) Can't believe that Mainliner are back together again, what with Asahito Nanjo doing a disappearing act a couple of years ago. Saw Mainliner in about '97 in Finsbury Park, and they were incredible.

Heard the new album? I just downloaded it but not had chance yet.

Going to check it out at the weekend, haven't heard it yet but I do have it.

You're in for a treat. Best live band on the planet (if they let 'em play loud enough).

My mates have seen them before and have given me fair warning about the sound! They also regailed tales of seeing WHITEHOUSE that makes me feel like I've missed out on a night of fun

10268411_10152004568687130_4926836357473839989_n.jpg

There is also an AFRICA day in Spitalfields market on the 26th , good combo with the above , African drumming groups ,art , foodstalls etc , it was already in my diary , the above just sorts out after lunch activity , excellent .

Enjoyed this even though it had to be inside , did anyone else get caught up in the farcical door policy ? i was inside for an hour then went outside for a breather and then found myself at the back of another long queue just to be readmitted even with a stamp and they were still taking money at the door from late arrivals .

Enjoyed this even though it had to be inside , did anyone else get caught up in the farcical door policy ? i was inside for an hour then went outside for a breather and then found myself at the back of another long queue just to be readmitted even with a stamp and they were still taking money at the door from late arrivals .
yeah, missed outside, but it did rain down all afternoon so the right choice.

i know the door thing got messy, but on the whole i was impressed that they didnt let the venue get over rammed (my biggest bugbear of going out) - thats what almost always happens these days and i was happy for the space - especially considering what a sweat box it was! love that sweatbox atmosphere though... what time did it run till? I had to head out just before 7pm - did they get much of an extension?

Back
Top Bottom