Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hot upcoming gigs

Nah, it was in the "legendary" Visions Video bar in Dalston. Lots of soundsystem bods, Fatman, Unity, Saxon, Coxsone, etc DJing. Was a good one.

If you had been there I would have said "hi!" :)
Last year was in a pub down Battersea. The year before was Caledonian Road. But I have never been to the Legendary Visions Video Bar in Dalston!:)

This year's party is being organized by Young Striker (Fatman used to do them but Bunny and Fatman sort of fell out a bit) because Young Striker is now running tings: there was an official handing over of power earlier this year in JA. Because of Bunny's age and his diabetes, he can't get around as nimbly as he used to and there's now a real sense of a generational shift. The whole catalogue (some 5000 masters or 700 albums) is now being readied for an organized digital upload and that will be supervised by Young Striker.

Would I know you if I met you?

:cool: I went to a party for his 70th (I think).
It was such a good night, I thought I might pose a couple of videos. The actual list of performers was something like Dave Barker, The Blackstones, Winston Reedy, Michael Prophet, Tappa Zukie, Dennis Alcapone, Little Roy, Big Youth, Twinkle Brothers and Owen Gray..

^^They were okay. Singer thinks he's Joey Ramone though.

Shellac tonight, great I've got a headache coming on.

Great gig last night, both Shellac and Helen Money both excellent.

King Khan and the Shrines are touring in April next year. I'm on holiday and will miss every date:mad:

EH Paul Hitter final.jpg

- Thu 12th Dec : Shantel, The Actionettes, DJs Sacha Dieu & Russ Jones @ Electric Brixton, Town Hall Parade SW2 1RJ (£12 before Dec, 19h-23h)

- Fri 13th Dec : Gogol Bordello, Congo Natty, Man Man @ O2 Brixton Academy, 211 Stockwell Road, Brixton SW9 9SL (£20, 19h-23h)

- Fri 13th Dec : DJ Eugene Hutz (Gogol Bordello), The Great Malarkey, DJ Sacha Dieu @ The POW (Prince of Wales), 467-469 Brixton Road SW9 8HH (£6 in advance, £8 OTD, 22h-04h)

- Fri 13th Dec : Kokolo w/ Bobok, Lunatrix, Coco Lola and DJ Shefitza @ Hootananny, 95 Effra Road SW2 1DF (Free before 10pm, £3 After, 22h-03h)

- Sat 14th Dec : Beats Antique, Gaudi + more @ Electric Brixton, Town Hall Parade SW2 1RJ (£15, 22h-04h)

- Sat 14th Dec : Stranger than Paradise w/ Buffo's Wake, Miss Maud's Folly, Into the Moon, Blanche Duboise, DJs Sacha Dieu & Miss Manray (Free before 10pm, £3 after, 21h-03h)

- Sat 14th Dec : The Correspondents + Mr B The Gentleman Rhymer @ The Jamm, 261 Brixton Road SW9 6LH (£10 in adv, £12, 22h-04h)

- Sat 14th Dec : The Lion, The Witch and The Wonderland w/ Hallouminati, Jenova Collective + much more. Crucifix Lane, SE1 3JW (£8 in adv, £10/12, £12/15 OTD, 22h-06h)

Last edited:
Bo Ningen touring in May

8 Bristol
9 Birmingham
10 Leeds
12 Manchester
13 Glasgow
14 liverpool
15 Nottingham
17 Southampton
18 Brighton

Did anyone manage to get any of Four Tet's £5 all nighter tickets? Just got on the page to see them all disappear :mad:

Surpisingly the Fuck Buttons gig at The Forum on Fri 7 Feb doesn't seem to have been mentioned here yet. Get there early for supports slots from The Bug and The Field, with Haxan Cloak and Lee Gamble dj-ing. Even more suprisingly you can still get tickets! (16.50+)

Back
Top Bottom