Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hot upcoming gigs

i've spectacularly failed to get on a bus. i'd been wobbling about nick caving at hammersmith tonight, but that's decided it once and for all :D
anyone need a ticket? :hmm:

Well Warpaint were ace last night. Only four new tunes which weren't bad, bit dancier of anything. I'll see if they grow on me when the new album is released. I'd say they'll be a cert for Glastonbury.

Tonight Nick Cave...Wooo

£40 is my unbroken limit for a gig ticket. Nick Cave one of few worth every penny of it. An outstanding show tonight.

Mogwai tickets just went on sale for The Bridgewater Hall. Hopefully won't be full of the kind of twats who went to the Zidane show earlier this year.

£40 is my unbroken limit for a gig ticket. Nick Cave one of few worth every penny of it. An outstanding show tonight.
Yup, an absolute cracker. ,

Of course the person he had a go at during Stagger Lee (for holding their phone up to film him) now has a personalised version of SL sung directly to them! What footage!

Last edited:
There was me thinking it would deter others.:mad: Although it wasn't long after that he was telling someone else to take his picture.

There was a fella near me who had the worst digital camera ever with no focus and a delay on the shutter of about 2 seconds. Every time I saw him looking at his snap it was just a blur yet he persisted throughout the night.

wooh! I just won tix to see Future of the Left on wednesday (and a vinyl copy of the album). Which is nice as I was sulking cos i couldnt afford to go

now all I need is for the same people to run comps for Hawkwind, Cud & Low (and for them to remind me that FotL is tomorrow, not wednesday!)

Well let's see this week we've got Unknown Mortal Orchestra at the Electric Ballroom, Field Music at Islington Assembly Hall, and James Holden at the Roundhouse. I only mention them because I've just won free tickets to them all, ha! :) :D :cool:

Well Warpaint were ace last night. Only four new tunes which weren't bad, bit dancier of anything. I'll see if they grow on me when the new album is released. I'd say they'll be a cert for Glastonbury.

They were extraordinary in London as well :) Thanks so much for tipping me off about the tickets way back when - money very well spent.

In 1998 i dreamed of this line up one day
1463578_542051439219022_1306416554_n.jpg

now its here i think it will be too rammed :facepalm:

For reggae lovers, tonight at the Jazz Cafe....

Attachments

• stiker1.jpg
    stiker1.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 7
  • striker2.jpg
    striker2.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 9
I was probably there too. Was it up by Caledonian Road?

Nah, it was in the "legendary" Visions Video bar in Dalston. Lots of soundsystem bods, Fatman, Unity, Saxon, Coxsone, etc DJing. Was a good one.

If you had been there I would have said "hi!" :)

Back
Top Bottom