Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hot upcoming gigs

Pixies tonight :cool:

Saw Sleaford Mods last Friday, they were excellent. Still can't decide if it's a persona with the vocalist or he if he really is a proper scary angry fucker.

From the interviews I've read, I think he is an angry fucker but there is also another side to him. I really want to see them.

Well that was a brilliant gig,voice nearly gone from shouting along to Culture Shock:D Saw folk id not seen for time,have a good un Killer,obvious highlight,everyone singing to ''Messed up'',priceless:)

shit, i need to sort out a babysitter. tbh one of the kids would probably like to go, but it's past her bedtime.

these are not problems one should be faced with when planning going to a culture shock gig. :mad:

Sort of a gig - we're off to see Felix Dennis read his poetry and drink wine on Saturday. A bit of a different night out (the poetry - not the wine!).

From the interviews I've read, I think he is an angry fucker but there is also another side to him. I really want to see them.

Aye, it's the Liam Gallagher look that throws me a bit, couldn't help laughing at his half mast keks. I wonder if it's just his stage clobber.

Jim Jones tonight & Tunng on Monday..should be Culture Shock on Wed but I don't yet have a ticket and the internet gives no details re price. If I sort out Culture Shock tickets it will be 5 gigs in October!

terminal cheescake, islington mill (salford), 7th december. :)

Tough one. Same night as Factory Floor, which I should be able to get in free. Went to Gorilla for the first time tonight too, nice venue, not as good as Islington Mill mind and it's a too long since I last went there.

Right looks like I will be going to Culture Shock and take my chances with pay on the door. Jim Jones were amazing on Friday and I thought if I was to ever get married this would be my band! I bought a t-shirt at the eye watering price of £20!!

The Wagon and Horses facebook page says pay on the door for the Culture Shock gig too. It also says 'all bands finished by 11', so a train back should be do-able (I take it you're not driving mooni til :))

I don't seem to get to many gigs these days, but this month I'm seeing Culture Shock next week, then Zounds and AOS3 in Wolves, then The Cracked Actors in Shrewsbury :cool:

How was it? Just downloaded the original album.

I've got Caitlin Rose next week, which I'm really looking forward to.
it was wonderful. highlight was eliza & john smith doing 'child amongst the weeds', which was totally magical. Marry waterson nailed Lal's voice completely too. i wasn't overly bothered by the guest singers, but that's a fairly minor reservation.

you enjoying the album?

it was wonderful. highlight was eliza & john smith doing 'child amongst the weeds', which was totally magical. Marry waterson nailed Lal's voice completely too. i wasn't overly bothered by the guest singers, but that's a fairly minor reservation.

you enjoying the album?
Only listened to it the once so far but yeah it seems pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom