Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2007 pt1: the build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
William of Walworth said:
Are you bidding for the longest Glasto thread EVER, started 14 months early???? :eek:
Well, it gives us just enough time to design, prepare and fail to implement all the stupid projects that we have planned.

Ok, that I have... :oops:

Hollis said:
Glastonbury has to sort out the entrance and exit procedures.. taking about 5 hours (I'm optomistic) to get in and out a place is simply ridiculous... there must be some way around it.

:confused:

Always sailed in by car but admit to being lucky. Pedestrian Q last year was bit of joke though. Security thought the whole front of Q had skipped and managed to attach it to end of Q. Meanwhile those just arriving started walking right in. Mad free for all then happened. Very Glasto.

Hollis said:
Glastonbury has to sort out the entrance and exit procedures.. taking about 5 hours (I'm optomistic) to get in and out a place is simply ridiculous... there must be some way around it.

You were VERY unlucky .... we took about an hour maximum (including traffic AND pedestrian queue at Gate C). That involved queueing more than ideal.

cheers WoW
not bad, have seen much better pics from urbanites tbh.
whoever that is hasn't even bothered doing the levels

no way to make it full screen or save the pics as far as i can tell

After his first Glasto last year, young Master Felixthekitten is having worries about his GCSE's - will the exam times fall in such a way he can go to Glasto or not?

Oh the traumas of being 16.

ddraig said:
cheers WoW
not bad, have seen much better pics from urbanites tbh.
whoever that is hasn't even bothered doing the levels

no way to make it full screen or save the pics as far as i can tell

Yeah, other ones are better, it's just that I only just found those.

No full screen possibility fails to do these ones justice as well ...

felixthecat said:
After his first Glasto last year, young Master Felixthekitten is having worries about his GCSE's - will the exam times fall in such a way he can go to Glasto or not?

Check with the school about when this year's ones are, for guidance??

I believe GCSE dates are a perennial Glasto problem for those at the relevant age .. I think they tend to start earlier and finish later, so it entirely depend on what subjects he's doing, and on when exactly they timetable them.

Hollis said:

Turning up on Tuesday sorted that out for me :)

I have to say, meeting Hollis at about 4am on Monday morning somewhere in Lost Vagueness made my festival. I'd given up all hope of meeting the man and then, just as the festival was entering its dying hours, there he was.

:cool:

I go to glastonbury to sleep in hedges

Im not really arsed who headlines - otherwise I'd of skipped Cantplay.

Hollis said:

Took me about two to get onsite from leaving my door in sunny hampshire - although I never took a tent, sleeping bag etc or clothes with me. Just a load of rizlas in a plastic bag and my bank card :)

felixthecat said:

:eek:

He looked much older than 15 (?) when i met him. I thought he was at college /uni or something...

I hope he can get to Glasto next year. He looked like he was having a whale of a time :D

Do you realise if it was on this year, it would have been 1.5 weeks after the annual ticket booking trauma? :(

Ah, well only 14 months to go... :cool:

hmmm getting in to glasto last year took quite a while for me due to a 9hr detour to the cells, apparentlly i had over the legal limit of illegal drugs :D banned from a five mile radius of pilton farm for the duration of the festival.... hah just try stopping me fillllttttthhhh :D

next time im going to book time off work after glastonbury too - was still half cained when i went back to work :oops:

I wasn't planning on going in 2007, but two Glastonbury threads have got me all wistful and planning how I could make it to Somerset... :cool:

In a parallel stoned on Good Friday universe, Mr Eavis (praise be upon him!!) would open up a huge fuck off Travellers Field outside the fence, with multiple trucks n buses and sound systems and bonfires. And acid on ale from a hippy ambulance, at 5:30 am. Inna 2000 stylee!!!

A Fringe Glastonbury outside the main one ... :D :p

Inside the main one, Linton Kwesi Johnson will return to Glasto for the first time in over a decade, with a high up slot in the Acoustic Tent.

Otway and Atilla will reunite!! on Sunday afternoon ...

It will be hot n sunny and 100% clear skies throughout (previous Saturday to subsequent Tuesday).

Ansheuser Busch (Bud Shiter) will have been sacked to be replaced by a benevolent consortium between ethically sound Budvar UK (genuine Budewice Budvar Czech stuff, not plagiarising corporate Yank piss) and reputable quality real ale brewer Brains of Cardiff ... pint of Skull Attack please!!

Brothers Bar and Cider Bus will both be back.

Astral Cafe (dirty squat rave techno tent) will be back and licensed/tolerated at the bottom of its hill in full effect ...

CAMP URBAN will reassemble ....

:cool:

All is well in Glasto 2007 <he says, in Easter 2006 stoned as fuck mode ... >

Get posting you bastids, gotta keep this going til June 2007!!!!

Rollem said:
thats the thing

i wanna go have my usual glastonbury time ;) and i dont know as i would be in a fit state to supervise :D

but on the other hand, its a long time for her to be apart from me and her daddy (taking recovery time into consideration....) and also i know she would love glasto!

we shall see....

I went without my bubs last year. Her daddy went on the Wed to take everything and get set up. I joined on Thurs night after saftely depositing said 2 1/2 year old with my parents. Had a ball until Sunday morning.... not good. Then caught up with Dub and (cant remember U75 name of thingy and his missus) and we chatted about our darling babies and I/we got a bit maudlin. :(

But twas ok and got back to her monday morning safe and sound and she was none the worse for it.

Dunno how she will be next summer at 4 1/2 years old tho. :(

Wont take her until shes at least 9. Glastonbury is MY festival dammit.

this isn't making me wistful at all.
and i didn't go last year.

just reading this makes me think of the same old things in the same old places and glastonbury just being pretty much how it's been for the last 15 years or so. it doesn't make me want to go at all.

arrrrrrggggghhhh. looks like i've hit glastonbury burn out.
:(

i need help.

sorry, i'm not intending to be down on glastonbury on this thread. i've had *amazing* times there, and i've been about 13/14 or so times. i just thought i should share. i just feel *bored* with glastonbury. it's weird.

:eek: :(

ianw said:
this isn't making me wistful at all.
and i didn't go last year.

just reading this makes me think of the same old things in the same old places and glastonbury just being pretty much how it's been for the last 15 years or so. it doesn't make me want to go at all.

arrrrrrggggghhhh. looks like i've hit glastonbury burn out.
:(

i need help.

sorry, i'm not intending to be down on glastonbury on this thread. i've had *amazing* times there, and i've been about 13/14 or so times. i just thought i should share. i just feel *bored* with glastonbury. it's weird.

:eek: :(

Yer a complete nutter :eek:

A man who is tired of Glastonbury, is tired of life, as Dr Johnson didn't say ... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom